Status
Not open for further replies.

estaz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
New York, NY
hi, i started vaping about a year ago. i started with the si volt auto battery which was great. i then got the xl auto battery which was the same, just larger.
i then got a couple of manual ego's - a regular one and a spinner.
i loved the output on them but realized i strongly prefer auto batteries and that i'm embarrassed to carry huge batteries when vaping in the street.
it's all about throat hit for me, so i started experimenting with different clearos. i tried the ce3, which was great at first, but then started to decline in new production, plus they're a hassle with syringe.
then i went on to the nano which was a total fail in my opinion.
tried the regular clearos (i think they're called ce2's) but they weren't very dependable and they leaked.
finally i discovered m3's which were a godsend at first - they had great vapor, great throat hit, and even though they sucked a lot of juice, i didn't care - because the goal is to stay away from smoking!... but then they stopped working..very tight draws, barely any vapor/throat hit..so i figured maybe it's the battery..so i ordered some kanger 808 batteries..which were ok..the m3's performed better than how they did towards the end of how they were on the volt, but the connection wasn't all that great..and it was still undependable and was kind of hit or miss.
so then i ordered the t4's, thinking they'll be my saviors. they barely worked on the volt, performed ok on the kangers...
so now...i'm getting tempted to smoke and have had a few cigs..but i want to redeem myself before it's too late!
so again, i started researching for the perfect auto batt and delivery system to accompany it, that's powerful, dependable and not too bulky. someone mentioned the echo..and i noticed some rave reviews about the echo battery.
but truth is, i'm lucky to have won some stuff on ecf - got to try a lot of great juice..but i'm so sick and tired of buying batteries and clearos, only to be disappointed.
so vets, i need your help! if you managed to get through this lengthy vaping sob story..i'd love some advice and guidance on what i should be looking into!
standing by..i'll be patient.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
I know you said you prefer an auto battery and I own some of the auto Volts for public occasions as well. But most of the time when I Vape at home or in my car I just want to be fully satisfied and need a battery more powerful to be satisfied. There's only so much satisfaction you can get from an auto battery, in my opinion. If you just HAVE to have an auto Ecig, then I recommend this one for 5v vaping, http://www.madvapes.com/5-volt-auto-box-mod.html which will give you a stronge throat hit and more vapor. But if you are willing to give up the whole auto thing, then I more highly recommend ego/spinner type Ecigs. I also recommend mini Vivi Novas because they produce good flavor and are easy to fill and rinse out.

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
You are in NY City I see. There a a lot of vap meeting. Find one or several and attend them. You will make a lot of new friends and get to see a lot of devices & try out a lot as well. Best research available is first hand and in person. NY also has quite few Brick & mortar stores that you can walk into and try out a lot of stuff first hand.

Good luck.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Liking good throat hit, long battery life and variety in attys/cartos are not synonymous with small stick batteries with under sized switches and auto batteries. eGo's for example only have a 2.5 amp switch which can't handle certain heads (attys/cartos).

Throat hit is primarily a product of nicotine level. You might want to increase the nic level of eliquid you are using. TH is enhanced by warmer vapor. Warmer vapor is more easily possible with better batteries and switches that are 3 - 5 amps to handle the lower resistence heads and dual coil heads. Manual batteries provide warmer vapor more consistently by their very nature.

The issues you described are very familar from many vapers comments. It's why so many have moved to better battery model APV's. To some degree you need to choose between functionality and appearance.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Extra PG will also increase TH if you can tolerate it. Also adding a small amount of vodka or everclear to your juice with increase TH.

A higher concentration of PG allows more of the TH from nicotine to come through. If one vaped straight PG with 0 nicotine, one would get 0 throat hit. (a number of us tried this experiement a few years ago). We also experimented with vodka and PGA and came to the conculsion that it had zero effect on TH or such a small change that it wasn't worth the trouble. But then again maybe a small change is all that is needed and will do the trick.

DietSalem

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Indiana
Can I ask why you would be embarrassed to carry a larger mod around the city? That's something I don't think I've heard before. Personally, I'm rather embarrassed to NOT carry one. Most of those cig-a-likes are so bad that most people who try them just go back to smoking, so I often get asked what I'm doing to which they reply "I tried that, but it tasted bad and didn't work for me". I can then follow up with how the cig-a-likes generally suck and this stuff is the bomb-diggity.

To hear that it'd be embarrassing completely conflicts with my personal views, so it interests me. Why would it be embarrassing?

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
A higher concentration of PG allows more of the TH from nicotine to come through. If one vaped straight PG with 0 nicotine, one would get 0 throat hit. (a number of us tried this experiement a few years ago). We also experimented with vodka and PGA and came to the conculsion that it had zero effect on TH or such a small change that it wasn't worth the trouble. But then again maybe a small change is all that is needed and will do the trick.

That may be true with 0 nic but the OP didn't say she was vaping 0 nic. I've added extra PG and alcohol to my juice and it did increase the TH. So much so that I had to dump it.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
That may be true with 0 nic but the OP didn't say she was vaping 0 nic. I've added extra PG and alcohol to my juice and it did increase the TH. So much so that I had to dump it.

I agree that you can get better throat hit with high or 100% PG eliquid, just that it is not the PG that provides the TH. It just lets more of the TH from nicotine come through. Many of us tried the PGA additive with little effect on TH. If a person uses low nic eliquid and only likes mild TH, I could see where the PGA might make a more noticable change. But from my experience, it is more in line with additives such as pepper that provide a throat irritation or burning, not like the throat hit provided from nicotine. But the OP might like that burn/irritation feeling instead of traditional throat hit from nicotine. So it might well be worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread