Making a VV mod bottomfeeder need imput

Status
Not open for further replies.

snails1023

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2010
Chicago
Ok, so I am onto my next mod. I want to make a variable volt bottomfeeder. I have a couple of questions before I do some supply ordering.
I can't get my head wrapped around the size of it, I figured I would try a 4aa box, 2 slots for batteries (14500), 3rd slot for electronics and 4th slot for the bottle.
1) I am going to get the vv regulator rev 2 from mad vapes , so first question I am confused on do I solder the regulator to the board I know everything else has a hole/place?
2) I see some other threads on building mods and see people use capacitors what are they and do I need one???
3) Instead of using 2 14500 I would like to use a bigger battery, but what battery would fit into my plans or even the same box?( or do I need a different box )
Pinching pennies here so I can't order a ton of stuff and experiment with batts and boxes.
Any help or suggestions would be great. Sorry to be long winded. LOL

Animeguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Virginia
All you need is in this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/191607-easy-okr-t-vv-mod.html I just made one and it is nice. Oh and you probably want to make 2 one for back up lol.

My first is the same route you going. All parts from mad vapes. the regulator heats up quick. If the voltage settings is low. Pretty easy to do just solder as the picture shows.

The second one I made is the OKR-T and that was easy too. I did practice soldering by makign 2 3.7 box mods.

Last edited:

Animeguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Virginia
side by side is ok. you just have to wire the battery right. I am using a 3 aa box and my atty in in the middle. I just solder the okr-t reg to the ICB and wire up. Have to bend the little solder points on the reg tho to fit the icb just be careful and do it slowly. Any other questions I will try to answer if not I pretty sure someone will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread