The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Making a VV mod bottomfeeder need imput

Discussion in 'Bottom Feeder Mods' started by snails1023, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. snails1023

snails1023 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2010
    Chicago
    Ok, so I am onto my next mod. I want to make a variable volt bottomfeeder. I have a couple of questions before I do some supply ordering.
    I can't get my head wrapped around the size of it, I figured I would try a 4aa box, 2 slots for batteries (14500), 3rd slot for electronics and 4th slot for the bottle.
    1) I am going to get the vv regulator rev 2 from mad vapes , so first question I am confused on do I solder the regulator to the board I know everything else has a hole/place?
    2) I see some other threads on building mods and see people use capacitors what are they and do I need one???
    3) Instead of using 2 14500 I would like to use a bigger battery, but what battery would fit into my plans or even the same box?( or do I need a different box )
    Pinching pennies here so I can't order a ton of stuff and experiment with batts and boxes.
    Any help or suggestions would be great. Sorry to be long winded. LOL

2. Animeguy

Animeguy Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia
    All you need is in this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/191607-easy-okr-t-vv-mod.html I just made one and it is nice. Oh and you probably want to make 2 one for back up lol.

My first is the same route you going. All parts from mad vapes. the regulator heats up quick. If the voltage settings is low. Pretty easy to do just solder as the picture shows.

The second one I made is the OKR-T and that was easy too. I did practice soldering by makign 2 3.7 box mods.

3. snails1023

Nov 2, 2010
    Chicago
    I already did a 3.7 just for the practice aspect. So basicly the OKR-T is everything you need soldered in place?
    Also the diagram shows the batts stacked, what if I want to have them side by side? Sorry for the questions but I have to ask.

4. Animeguy

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia
    side by side is ok. you just have to wire the battery right. I am using a 3 aa box and my atty in in the middle. I just solder the okr-t reg to the ICB and wire up. Have to bend the little solder points on the reg tho to fit the icb just be careful and do it slowly. Any other questions I will try to answer if not I pretty sure someone will come.

5. snails1023

Nov 2, 2010
    Chicago
    Well looks like I will order the okr-t and other materials tonight on the thread and wait until everything gets in. Thanks for the help.

6. bstedh

bstedh Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2011
    Northern Minnesota
    If you have any questions or issues just let us know. The hardest part of putting together the OKR-T is deciding where to put the variable resistor for adjustment =] Also you have a lot of options on your final design. You can add a lot of features to it.

7. snails1023

Nov 2, 2010
    Chicago
    Thanks for the help, I am sure I will need to ask more once I get all the stuff in. You guys are great for all the help.:blush:

8. bstedh

bstedh Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2011
    Northern Minnesota
  9. Animeguy

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia
    nice just ask and people will answer. I received plenty help in regards to modding. good luck with the build.

10. CraigHB

CraigHB Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 31, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Hehe, we all feel we need to help others deal with their "modumust fever" (as Gummy puts it). It is tons of fun building your own mods. Though, you can't be afraid of gaining some knowledge and learning a few new skills in the process.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.