Making your own nicotine e-liquid with Copenhagen Pouches

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMC

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2011
Central, Florida
Unbranded tobaccos? THAT sounds like fun! I mixed 2.5oz with 3 pouches a few days ago and had to add a bunch of glycerin to calm down the strength. Personally I think the flavor is more of a chocolate mint rather than a tobacco wintergreen when using a cartomizer. Could be the other ingredients I use reacting with the bag (small amount of citrus acid maybe?) This and the genesis atty would be a killer combination. I would definitely use other liquids in the future from vendors but it's nice to know I wont have to rely on a stock pile if or when the FDA begins the process of testing and regulating ecig products.

(I'm relieved to see the extra warnings in the DIY section, thank you ECF for supporting DIY!)

CMC

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2011
Central, Florida
This will be my last post on this thread. I think I've done all I can with pouches. My last batch contained 1oz VG and 4 whole pouches, soaked for three days then squeezed through a filter, filtered two more times then done. By the time everything was filtered through I was left with 4ml. Not a whole lot but it packs a little punch even in a tank system. Thank you 5vz for the links, I may have to try that out.

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
I would also try green tobacco leaves once you get some to grow. I am wondering if the green leaves would give more nic since they are fresh, and if there would be a flavor variation. You may be able to bypass drying, but you can dry enough to get through winter, if you have a yard, or large room with large pots and appropriate lighting and temp.

You can google around for tobacco seeds, that was just one link of many.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If you're going to do nicotine extraction from home-grown tobacco plants, you have the added benefit of some handsome garden plants whose flowers draw hummingbirds.

If you have the room, tobacco plants are nice to grow, even if you don't extract the nicotine from them.

CMC

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2011
Central, Florida
With adding flavors: oil, essential oil or extract? Or does it matter?

A lot of people prefer flavor extracts without oil and a lot of people vape extracts with oil. It depends on what you like, if you feel the mixture is lacking I would experiment with flavorings.

I would also try green tobacco leaves once you get some to grow.
Slow burns without the burn... I've always liked the taste of green leaves, I may have to try that 5vz.

you have the added benefit of some handsome garden plants whose flowers draw hummingbirds.
I think here in Florida people call them butterfly plants, could be wrong but I wouldn't grow anything without them!

I know I said the last post would be my last but I need to address a minor issue with the mix....

I would NOT recommend using this style of juice in ANY kind of plastic tank or clearomizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread