Status
Not open for further replies.

Abracastabya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2011
Corona, CA
www.facebook.com
These are all valid points :) It does boil down to opinion, but going back to my original post, I would probably buy 3x the amount of liquid I do now, if I had the option to sample it from something other than a carto. There's that opinion thing again ;)

Orion 2.1, 69 mod with Cobra Atty, 28ga Kanthal, 5/6 wrap.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Not everyone can taste the filler in cartos. Normally, I can't. But I know of people who can taste the plastic in clearomizers, too. Some people are just sensitive to those tastes.

Same with drip tips. Some say that they can taste metal with stainless or aluminum drip tips. I can't, but I just don't like the way they feel. I prefer glass or TruStone.

Mark me down for cartomizers in a cartotank. I've sampled the same juice in both a vivi nova and a cartotank, and the cartotank won hands down. Granted it was with just one juice flavor, but I decided to do the test because I had noticed that some of my flavors were showing up absent in the vivi's.

I have an unproven theory on why a carto should have superior flavor than a clearomizer:

A clearomizer utilizes 2-4 silica string wicks to carry the juice (flavor) to the heating coil. Not much surface area there.

A carto totally envelopes the heating coil with it's wicking material, the polyfill. Much more surface area here.

Therefore, a cartomizer is bringing more juice (again flavor) to the coil than a clearomizer can ever hope to.

That's my rationale, and I'm sticking to it until proven otherwise. ;)

Last edited:

mmikee

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
st louis
Not everyone can taste the filler in cartos. Normally, I can't. But I know of people who can taste the plastic in clearomizers, too. Some people are just sensitive to those tastes.

I can not taste it either. I am glad, because I find the carto tanks to be very simple.

Abracastabya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2011
Corona, CA
www.facebook.com
+1 for cartos!

I used a stardust ce4 and that burnt out way too quickly, and currently still trying to figure out this t3 that keeps either flooding or leaking. It's looking to me like I'm going to stick with cartos till I can get into RBA's.

RBA's really are the way to go.

Zen Mini, Orion 2.1, 69 Mod with Cobra Atty, ProVari.

mourningshadow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
www.aaronaltman.com
another +1 for cartomizers. I have a ton of clearos sitting in a drawer right now because I can't stand them, threw about 5 of them away because they gave dry hits or leaked/flooded etc.

I found a great place to get good cartos for a very good price and have not looked back, no leaking, no dry hits, can toss them around and 2 of the Resurrectors last me all day, I get a few weeks out of them with refilling before I have to clean them.

I luckily do not taste the filler at all. I actually decided to test the new kanger EVOD to see if the issues were resolved (they aren't btw, many dry hits even with priming) against my resurrector for flavor and found the carto flavor to be much better, even when I got an actual good hit from the kanger.

VpnDrgn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Gulfport, MS.
To be honest, neither the clearos, nor the cartos, are all that great for taste.
The cartos, however, are more consistent, so I stick to juice with a stronger or sharper
flavor to counteract any filler aftertaste, or muted flavors.

+1 cartos

If you are into RBA's, why aren't you using an IGO or something similar for taste testing?

DuffyA2Z

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Carto's +1

70/30 pg/vg 4.5 v Provari

Just switched to cartos a week ago Sunday ... better flavor than my Vivi Novas hands down! IMHO :vapor:

Even though whatever carto came in my texas tough tank lasted a day and a half! The Smoktech 510 Steel Dual Coil XL 3.0 ohm hasn't failed going on day 5.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread