Status
Not open for further replies.

matador

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
Colorado
Matt, can you make another 18650, I have a friend who wants one. I can pay now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Im not doing pre orders but I can make sure you get one in the next batch.

Matt, how is your daughter holding up?

She's doing ok. As long as we keep her gluten-free we have nothing to worry about. She still cant go outside because of all the grain elevators around us. Still trying to sell the house so we can move somewhere she can go outside. Anyone want to buy a house? :)

matador

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
Colorado
Could you do a custom dual atty, dual chip, dual 18650 one for me?

Possibly... It might be in the next batch though. I ordered some heavier gauge wire that I'll need to use for dual dna setups, if it gets here before I start wiring these I could do one for you. As for dual connectors are you just using cartos? I've never had a double barrel device so im not sure how far apart to make the connectors.

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
Possibly... It might be in the next batch though. I ordered some heavier gauge wire that I'll need to use for dual dna setups, if it gets here before I start wiring these I could do one for you. As for dual connectors are you just using cartos? I've never had a double barrel device so im not sure how far apart to make the connectors.

I would either be using dual attys or perhaps skinniny tanks or maybe something like an era or fatty dripper.

matador

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
Colorado
I would either be using dual attys or perhaps skinniny tanks or maybe something like an era or fatty dripper.

How far apart would you need the connectors? There's a few Silver Bullets out there that have double barrel setups, it looks like those connectors are about 1/2" center to center. I don't think you can fit anything bigger than attys on that.

matador

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
Colorado
Here's what I got accomplished today. Four boxes roughed out. These will all be dual 18650's.

2r3y2jc.jpg

Padauk, CheChen, Red Gum, and Bubinga

lintux

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2011
France
Hey Zee!!
Thanks for the great review, the MCM really deserves it! I'll put your video on the French forum soon :)

And I totally agree with all that you said. The performance, beauty, the switch and the IMR battery issue.
Still, one thing I don't agree with: the dimensions. Of course, if you only had tube mods, the MCM may seem huge. But for a wooden 18650 mod with electronics, it's not "that" big at all
Laie_97.gif

One more thing. I've heard protected batteries were not recommended with DNA. Did you use them and how did the variable wattage react ? Any advice from other users are welcome :)

Pics of mine coming soon!

matador

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
Colorado

matador

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
Colorado
Hey Zee!!
Thanks for the great review, the MCM really deserves it! I'll put your video on the French forum soon :)

And I totally agree with all that you said. The performance, beauty, the switch and the IMR battery issue.
Still, one thing I don't agree with: the dimensions. Of course, if you only had tube mods, the MCM may seem huge. But for a wooden 18650 mod with electronics, it's not "that" big at all
Laie_97.gif

One more thing. I've heard protected batteries were not recommended with DNA. Did you use them and how did the variable wattage react ? Any advice from other users are welcome :)

Pics of mine coming soon!

Lintux, if you do a video can you post a link here? Even if it is in french ;)

matador

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
Colorado
Also as for batteries, Evolv recommends only to use high drain / imr batteries. Batteries have to be capable of at least a 5amp discharge. As far as i know, protected batteries are generally around the 3amp range for discharge. If the protection circuit fails in one of those it could be bad news. AW imr's have a 5amp discharge rate where the panasonic cgr18650ch batteries have a 10amp discharge rate. I recommend the panasonics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread