Status
Not open for further replies.

matador

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
Colorado
I love these, Matt <3 Would you consider making some non-lackered ones ?
Count me in for the next batch anyway, I'm in for a mini DNA20 :D

The mini's would be the DNA12. I think the MCM20 is about as mini as it gets for the DNA20.

I could possibly do one without lacquer for you. Maybe just some linseed oil with a wax coat. Im not real confident about the wax so if you want to go that route I can't guarantee there wouldn't be any shrinking or expanding.

lintux

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2011
France
The mini's would be the DNA12. I think the MCM20 is about as mini as it gets for the DNA20.

I could possibly do one without lacquer for you. Maybe just some linseed oil with a wax coat. Im not real confident about the wax so if you want to go that route I can't guarantee there wouldn't be any shrinking or expanding.

Yeah one with an oil or wax coat if you have some, or just nude wood will also do. I'll take care of the baby, please don't worry about the wood "moving", I know the material is alive and changing with time.
I actually thought the "mini" was the MCM20 - one 18650 battery. So that's what I would like indeed :)

@ Zee, great review man :) There's a high pitch background sound that hurts my ears a bit but nevermind, thanks for the video!

Last edited:

corruption42

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
In my own little world

But your 18490 is a DNA 20, right? I tote around 4 mods all the time, have a 5th on the way, and an MCM would make my 6th -- I don't own any 18650 mods due to disliking the overall length necessary for them and not needing the battery life they provide. A 18490 (or if possible, 18350 -- though I realize the voltage dropoff is pretty quick on these) would be much more to my liking -- and while the MCM mini looks sweet, I think I'd much rather have the DNA 20 guts :) If you make any more like your personal one, I'll be fighting for it :)

Last edited:

matador

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
Colorado
But your 18490 is a DNA 20, right? I tote around 4 mods all the time, have a 5th on the way, and an MCM would make my 6th -- I don't own any 18650 mods due to disliking the overall length necessary for them and not needing the battery life they provide. A 18490 (or if possible, 18350 -- though I realize the voltage dropoff is pretty quick on these) would be much more to my liking -- and while the MCM mini looks sweet, I think I'd much rather have the DNA 20 guts :) If you make any more like your personal one, I'll be fighting for it :)

The AW 18350 has an 8c discharge, and at 700mah that gives you 5.6amp max, and the DNA20 needs 7amp minimum. An 18350 DNA20 mod would be an accident waiting to happen. I might do another DNA20 18490 mod. Its really not much smaller than the 18650 mods. The 18650 mods are about a 1/4" bigger and twice the battery life.

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
Been rocking this today!

51u1q9.jpg

So far, I know that I don't care for 15w! :vapor:
Well made, VERY well priced. I'm a happy vaper!

corruption42

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
In my own little world
The AW 18350 has an 8c discharge, and at 700mah that gives you 5.6amp max, and the DNA20 needs 7amp minimum. An 18350 DNA20 mod would be an accident waiting to happen. I might do another DNA20 18490 mod. Its really not much smaller than the 18650 mods. The 18650 mods are about a 1/4" bigger and twice the battery life.

I would happily pay extra for that 1/4" shaved off -- I absolutely don't need more life than a 18490 can provide. :)

Yeah, you more or less confirmed what I suspected w/ the 18350's -- they're just my personal fave for output to longevity to size :)

matador

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
Colorado
Hey Matt, where do you get your wire from if ya don't mind sharing.....I've got wire on order from Hobby King but it's been in their print que for about 7 days.....just sent them a message so hopefully I'll get my wire within say a couple weeks if I'm lucky...:(

Hobby King definitely takes too long to ship anything. I used to get wire from Adafruit, also a great place for Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and BeagleBone, if your into that stuff :) .. Otherwise I usually get wire off ebay. You can find awesome deals. I usually use 18 - 22 guage depending on the project. Ebay is the best, they have the best deals. I'll see if I can find some deals and post some links.

matador

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
Colorado
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread