MAP Tank Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

emanguba

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Virginia
I really wish mine were working out like everyone else's. I have two tanks and three ce2's ranging from 2.4-3.2. I get a burnt taste with all of them no matter the voltage. I've tried 3.7 an 4.8v (the puck). Tired of wasting juice so i just went to dripping. Now the wait till I get my ali'i and masterwork mods!

Are you vaping all VG?

I had to cut the holes wider on the silicone piece that sits on top of the CE2 for max wicking on mine.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Are you vaping all VG?

I had to cut the holes wider on the silicone piece that sits on top of the CE2 for max wicking on mine.

I just leave that darned thing off. VG has an especially difficult time getting wicked up. It needs all the help it can get. I usually don't do anything less than 50% VG. If it's much higher I thin the juice a little with PGA.

Alice

mergryphon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Got my cute lil mini MAP today...just haven't decided what to put in it yet. What a happy dilemma, huh?

And, I figured out how to carry these around - prescription or cartridge bottles. I'm glad I hung on to the ones the NJOY cartridges came in because they're perfect. I put a cart condom over the top where the cart sticks up for the drip tip (because I'm obsessed with air and uncovered juice, okay? I can't help myself! :closedeyes: ), stand it up inside the bottle and on goes the child proof cap. The bottle fits in the diabetic case I got from Walgreens along with a bunch of other vaping gear. I have to thank HzG8trGrl for the idea because she suggested Rx bottles for child-proofing bottles of juice.

I have the same problem with the two regular MAP tanks I received yesterday. I'm staring at them trying to decide what to fill them with and vape for 5ml!

ooh, great idea on the RX bottles for storage!

floridamale

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
Now that I have my reg. MAP, I'm thinking about getting a mini when they get back in stock, but not sure if maybe I should just get another reg. one. Does anyone have a pic of the two next to each other so I can see the size diff.?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

The Mini Map is 1/2 smaller then the standard one

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
shesaquitter.wordpress.com
I have the same problem with the two regular MAP tanks I received yesterday. I'm staring at them trying to decide what to fill them with and vape for 5ml!

Happy vaping! I put some home brewed fire n ice (menthol & big red) because I thought I remembered reading here that the tank isn't affected by it. The Lexan tube is cloudy now and only where the juice sat so it did affect mine. I've washed it in hot soapy water and the ce2 is in an alcohol bath right now. As long as I know its clean I'm not bothered by it but something to consider if you're going to be taking it out. It's hard enough explaining vaping. A MAP takes that convo to a whole new level and a murky one won't help.
:laugh:

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Well, I got something I have been waiting for a while and with the MAP Tank on this, looks great!

Attachments

• 121750.jpg
    121750.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

wolflrv

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2010
Tennessee
Well...got my Map Tank last night and filled it up..no problem. Vaped on it most of the night and this morning. I had pulled the drip tip and refilled it fresh this morning and after vaping on it about 30 minutes or so, I wanted to check the coil and so I pulled the drip tip and the whole tank came apart at the bottom o-ring and dumped 5mls of juice all over my desk! Thank goodness I wasn't driving or out in public! The o-rings on my tank are definitely fairly wimpy...I tugged just a bit on the top tank piece and it too came off way too easily. I dunno whether bigger o-rings would help or maybe some rubberbands to give it more traction against the tubing. I'm also seriously considering trying to epoxy the tank together. I can't see any reason to take the ends off anyway. The cartos can be swapped out without removing the end caps. I just need it to be more sturdy than this. I drop my ecig in my pocket all the time and one wrong move could spell disaster the way it is now. Any ideas would be appreciated!

PS: I was very happy with the vape itself, worked well and anticipate it being even better when my ProVari arrives in a few weeks. Just need to solve the tank issue.

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
That's cool looking stubear........pardon my ignorance but what mod is that?

Yes. What mod is that Stu?

Nice Stu

I emailed them about the mod and never got a reply back.. Where did you get it?

That is the Grip by Brad of Sweet Vapes (might be changing the name of biz). This thing is Beefy, very beefy.. uch bigger than the JM (as comparision only) and it weighs the same as an 18650 battery (with out batt inside) Well made and the MAP looks super nice on top. Should have a VV out in due time (give or take a few months) lol, but this so far, is working out for me. I can put an eGo t-atty or slim atty inside with another cart (tank cart) with liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread