MAP Tank Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert T

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2010
Lake City, Florida
I leave it in, and dry burn till I see the bright orange glow of the coil. Then blow or lightly tap the ash off.
Ready to go again, these e2's seem like the will never die. I have had the same one now for 3 weeks, cleaned it at least 15 times, amazing!

Mine lasted for two tanks. I've had it about 30 hrs. Cleaned it once, died on dry burn. (2 or 3 second dry burn not 15) Great taste for first half of tank, good taste after that for awhile, good vapor. Second tank was pretty good taste for first half but got average after that so I cleaned it. The Map tank is genius and well made. My one C2 just didn't last very long but that not anybody's fault.(except maybe someone in China and for the pay they get how could you be PO'ed) If I had 15 spares that wouldn't have happened. That just the way things go!

Anybody got a spare? (Just kidding!)

Last edited:

mikecup

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2010
Peninsula, Ohio
Another thing I have noticed with the map e2 wicks.
They do take the first (older) version e2's of course. Seems like the wicks are better quality or maybe because its not a tight fit between the tube and slit.
On the new clearomizers with the cheap cracking tube, I have had wicks break off after 3 or 4 cleanings.
So far I'm liking this map tank, I have two loaded up all the time, I wonder if I vape to much?

wolflrv

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2010
Tennessee
I received some new Map Tanks the other day and, unlike the first one I received, the E2 cart seems to be fitted into the delrin stopper extremely tight. Is there a trick to getting them out?

Not sure about the older ones...I only have one atm, but I was told in another thread that it takes a screwdriver and some mutilation of the cart to get them out...so vape and clean them till they die and then worry about removing them...at least that's what I was told. I still haven't been able to remove my first cart either, but I'm sure the time will come. There was also some instruction to lube the replacement so it's comes out easier.

brian1g

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2010
Texas panhandle
I received some new Map Tanks the other day and, unlike the first one I received, the E2 cart seems to be fitted into the delrin stopper extremely tight. Is there a trick to getting them out?

I ended up pulling the ce2 out while still in the cap and cleaning that way. I did end up having to get pliers, a flat head screwdriver and a hammer to get it out when I finally replaced it.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places

Pete...don't even try to remove the CE until it dies. I noticed in a couple of mine that I HAD to replace, that the only way to remove it was to tear the CE apart. Then use a screwdriver and beat the shaft that was still stuck, out of it.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
Pete...don't even try to remove the CE until it dies. I noticed in a couple of mine that I HAD to replace, that the only way to remove it was to tear the CE apart. Then use a screwdriver and beat the shaft that was still stuck, out of it.
I'm with Hairball on this one. They are really stuck in there and to get it out and salvage it, is a feat of nature!

Bigbuyer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Florida, USA
Hi All,
My way to remove the E2 from a MAP Tank is as follows:

Put the tank on a Battery like an eGo.
Pull off the tube, this should be easy, so now only the E2 and the bottom cap is left attached to your battery.
Put the cap on the side of a table or desk (a sturdy one, not a soft fancy type) and pull down.
Like pulling the top off a bottle it will pop out.
No damage to the carto or the bottom cap.

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
To remove the E2 I put it on an old 510 bat, put the bat in a vice, put an open end wrench around it and gently tap the the bottom cap loose from the carto. Works fine without damaging the carto or cap.

For cleaning, I remove the bottom cap, clean and burn the tube and E2 (in the cap) and dry burn. Usually, every two tanks I give it a good clean.

Last edited:

wolflrv

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2010
Tennessee
If you are in need of o rings please PM or Email me.

Bruce...any chance of just being able to buy a 10-pack of rings or something right on the site? or of getting the exact dimensions?? I always have spare o-rings for my GG's and would expect to be able to have spares for the MapTank too..so we won't have to sweat it and wait 3 days to get more or bug you all the time for them.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I got mine filled it, loved it, took a few hits, layed it down and went to sleep. Got up the next morning and the tank was empty and there was a nice big puddle of juice under it. happened twice so I put it in the don't use box.
By the way, I'm not dissing Bruce. He's a very nice guy and a great vendor.

Last edited:

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
Hey, I ran into my first problem.

I purchased ce2 xl's from another supplier, removed the ce2 and everything looked to be fine.

Now, I just 'tried' to change out the ce2 and got the old one out, even though it was a PITA as I have no tools, and using the battery method, I ended up with the ce2 on my battery but it wouldn't move, i.e. I was unable to unscrew it from the battery. But that's not my problem.

The LF ce2's diameter on the botton is slightly smaller then the ones provided with the MAP Tank initially. It's not secure at all.
I've managed to find a sweet spot to where it won't leak from the bottom, but it's very loose. When i twist my battery now, the ce2 twists with it inside the bottom grommet.

On the left is the supplied ce2, and to the right is the LF ce2:
DSC00210.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Hey, I ran into my first problem.

I purchased ce2 xl's from another supplier, removed the ce2 and everything looked to be fine.

Now, I just 'tried' to change out the ce2 and got the old one out, even though it was a PITA as I have no tools, and using the battery method, I ended up with the ce2 on my battery but it wouldn't move, i.e. I was unable to unscrew it from the battery. But that's not my problem.

The LF ce2's diameter on the botton is slightly smaller then the ones provided with the MAP Tank initially. It's not secure at all.
I've managed to find a sweet spot to where it won't leak from the bottom, but it's very loose. When i twist my battery now, the ce2 twists with it inside the bottom grommet.

On the left is the supplied ce2, and to the right is the LF ce2:
DSC00210.jpg

One of those is a steel CE2, the other is from a clearomizer in this Picture, if not they made a mistake at the factory. Or you got one of the old Rev3 CE2'S which is more likely, thats something they are sticking those in there boxes and selling them, this is a no no man, bad business if there selling the Rev 3 as Rev 4

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread