Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
the ones I bought (right) from another supplier were regular black ce2 xl's.. I removed them myself from the outer housing

the one on the left was inside the map tank

You have to leave about 3/8" above the threads, like 'mwa's pic or it'll be too loose. If you simply yanked it out of the casing I can see why it's too loose..

Last edited by a moderator:

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
You have to leave about 3/8" above the threads, like 'mwa's pic or it'll be too loose. If you simply yanked it out of the casing I can see why it's too loose..

huh? the outer casing is just that a casing. I removed the ce2 completely.. There was nothing left inside the casing.. I don't understand. I used shanmods method of removing the ce2's...

Krisb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
OH
Love love love ny MAP, wouldn't give it up! But, I agree with hardball...mine was in there TIGHT! I tried the battery way of pulling it out with absolutely no luck! I finally asked my hobby who is a nuke engineer and a pretty strong guy and he was straining to pull it out. He finally got it, but the ce2 was toast. Maybe this last batch (just got mine a few days ago) is unusually tight? I only wanted to pull mine out to clean it, so glad I planned ahead and bought spares!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
huh? the outer casing is just that a casing. I removed the ce2 completely.. There was nothing left inside the casing.. I don't understand. I used shanmods method of removing the ce2's...

You need a pipe cutter to cut the casing off, leaving about 3/8-1/2" of tube left, above the threads. By doing it your way it won't be tight enough to seal, much like a clearomizer base.

Last edited:

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
You need a pipe cutter to cut the casing off, leaving about 3/8-1/2" of tube left, above the threads.

Ok, so you need to leave 3/8-1/2" of the outer casing?

I see the difference now.... ups. my fault.. I thought I can just jank the ce2 out.. got ya.. oh well, live and learn!!

thanks guys!

Last edited:

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
Yes, watch Bruce's video about 12mins in and he shows how he does it. I do recommend pulling all rings off before yanking out, and I do remove the sticker myself.

I saw his vid but ignored that fact.. I thought I can simply remove the ce2 and slide it back in.. That was totally my fault.. Oh well. Now I know :) .. On a side note: It's not leaking; it just sits at an angle lol..

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
shesaquitter.wordpress.com
You need a pipe cutter to cut the casing off, leaving about 3/8-1/2" of tube left, above the threads. By doing it your way it won't be tight enough to seal, much like a clearomizer base.

This is what I came here to find out. None of my CE2s are dead but the wick on one is frayed and bedraggled. One side hangs long and the other side is weirdly short and I'm sure it'd wick even more efficiently if I could simply replace the wick but I can't. It still works just fine but I don't want it to break off the very day I'm hurriedly filling it before leaving the house.

So, basically, all I have to buy is that pipe cutting tool since I have a stockpile of stainless XLs. This weekend's project is getting the frayed one out and the new one in. May be the first real fight me and a MAP tank have had!

I'm going to resist buying more MAPs until I hear what's going on with the Giantomizer, which I know Bruce will also carry. I can tell they don't have the flavor and vape enhancing girth to provide what the MAP does. They just look easier to store in a PV case.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
I changed both my Darwin and my ProVari MAP ce2's today. It went much better this time around than my first time. I used a 510 battery connector attached to vise-grips and put a loose box wrench around the delrin cap just to brace the tank/cap and pulled. Both popped out intact with no marks on the caps. Last time I mangled both ce2's! For what it's worth, never killed a ce2 yet, this was strictly for resistance. 2.4 to 3.2 to play nicer with VV devices, although the Darwin really doesn't care.

supsandroid

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Avondale
sell me urs? :D

lol not just yet. What voltage do you use on yours? I have a 3.7v box and a 4.8v puck. neither hit well (last time i checked).
IDK just seems like i cant get the burnt taste out of my mouth. I mean when i first got mine the initial flavor and VP was Excellent! but that didnt last longer than a day and now after getting my second one, even trying it brand new it blew the big one.

supsandroid

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Avondale
wow.. im using mine on a regular eGO battery which is probably laround 3.2 or 3.4.. I get great taste, clouds of vapor, decent TH.. The TH is def not as strong as when I use my Tank Atty, but that will change as my VV mods are in the mail.

I really dont know what it is then. I diy my juice and only really like lite colors. when i was trying these out i used waffle flavor about a 80/20 mixture.

Sassyonemeis

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Albany NY
ugh.. I am now dreading the first time I have to replace the ce2 in mine. I'ma girl.. I dont have all these fancy tools LOL

Good news is... I was able to order a new map yesterday... and I see they are already gone again... whew... made it just in time again...

BTW.. I LOVE my mappy!! It very quickly replaced my eGo-T as my main PV, altho I use the eGo-T when I dont want to alarm people with my bizarre looking map on an eGo bat. I love that it holds soooooo much juice and the vapor is warm and yummy. I filled a tank yesterday and it lasted me until this evening. Awesome :) less of a juice hog than the eGo-T and well... if I flood the atty... it just goes right back into the tank.. virtually no waste at all except the few drop left when I'm done and need to clean it.

I clean it after every tank. I'm on like tank 5 since I got. The first cleaning came after tank 2 and I realized that it really needs it after every tank. Keeping those coils free of build up is the key and we are talking about a min of about 4 mls per tank. I cant say enough, I just love this thing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread