MAP Tank Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejoker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
having gone through 5mls, i can attest that the map tank rocks!!
no wicking issues, i can take 5 straight draws of about 5 seconds each without waiting in between. except when the tank gets low, then i have to tip it over - but it doesn't leak at all so no biggie.
consistent flavor and vapor, very close to dripping.

i use a blunt needle to fill, takes about 2 minutes
fits just about any 510 mod (except those with catch cups)
no heat on the tank, the connector or the tip
need to replace the coil? piece o cake

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
You know, I have had mine a week and this thing just rocks. My PV stands on end and is short for an 18650 mod (Precious) and with MAP's tank mod I have been in flavor and vapor heaven. I never lay it on its side and if traveling I remove it, cap the top with a carto condom and put it into a little baggy before dropping into my vape kit... all just in case of a leak. Sure sometimes I may get a little liquid down in the air tube, but I can just blow that out.

I have been through 3 tank fulls on the same cartomizer. I have switched flavors on each tank full also. Just pulled the top and bottom, rinsed and blott dried the wick, then quick dry burn, put back together and fill. Just pull the top off to fill and it's easy peasy. Old flavors that tasted bland to me have full taste with the tank. I have plenty of clearomizers, and granted I like how they are performing and use them on the go with my eGO types (my mini tanks). Sure they aren't perfect either, but they work very well as long as the wick is not pinched. However the MAP tank brings out the full potential of the CE2 R4/5's. I haven't tried converting a clearomizer over to the tank yet, well mostly because I haven't had to up to this point... plus I have new XL steel cartos to replace if need be. I had made a homemade version before getting this, but it was very crude in comparison, however that is how I knew I wanted this if someone would make one.

BZ to MAP and BB for bringing putting this out.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
You know, I have had mine a week and this thing just rocks. My PV stands on end and is short for an 18650 mod (Precious) and with MAP's tank mod I have been in flavor and vapor heaven. I never lay it on its side and if traveling I remove it, cap the top with a carto condom and put it into a little baggy before dropping into my vape kit... all just in case of a leak. Sure sometimes I may get a little liquid down in the air tube, but I can just blow that out.

I have been through 3 tank fulls on the same cartomizer. I have switched flavors on each tank full also. Just pulled the top and bottom, rinsed and blott dried the wick, then quick dry burn, put back together and fill. Just pull the top off to fill and it's easy peasy. Old flavors that tasted bland to me have full taste with the tank. I have plenty of clearomizers, and granted I like how they are performing and use them on the go with my eGO types (my mini tanks). Sure they aren't perfect either, but they work very well as long as the wick is not pinched. However the MAP tank brings out the full potential of the CE2 R4/5's. I haven't tried converting a clearomizer over to the tank yet, well mostly because I haven't had to up to this point... plus I have new XL steel cartos to replace if need be. I had made a homemade version before getting this, but it was very crude in comparison, however that is how I knew I wanted this if someone would make one.

BZ to MAP and BB for bringing putting this out.

@ Jolly, so how do you think this would be if it had a 510 fitting for an Atty in this tank ?

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
@mwa102464... wait a sec. I just re-read your post, after typing how it wouldn't work. Ahhh I see what you are getting at, a 510 FITTING. That would be cool. PM me if you want. I think I have an idea how you are doing this.

@cos. Chri$ has a demo vid. I would follow that.

@Bruce. Thanks by the way. My new piece came in. No cracks this time :) And thanks for the drip tip. Perfect non-color ;)

Edit: Don't mess with taking the delrin ends out.

Last edited:

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
I am intrigued but confused. Though, I haven't watched any video on these mods but perhaps you can set me straight first.
You order the map tank?
You order the ready made E2 things that go inside the map tank?
Is the 3.2 E2 ready cut mod good for 6V vaping?
How long do the cut E2 things last in comparison to a regular carto? (I currently get about two weeks out of a carto)
Works with a 510 fitting?

The thing looks huge but I already use a full size chuck so I am figuring it will be pretty well balanced.

I am thinking this might be a great way to fly since I pretty much vape the same juice and if the sucker holds 5ml's then I figure I am good for about two days without filling?

Am I on the right track with this?

Last edited:
How did you guys go with the clear cartos? and what resistance are you finding nice for 18650 etc batts?

AmyB66, none of these are suitable for above 5V, these cartos are very voltage specific. I have a bunch of 3-3.2 ohm cartos (actual 2.8/9) that are good at 5V but not good at 3.7V, lack vapour. Actually maybe if you found actual 3.2 they may work at 6V.

Last edited:

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
I have used the 3.0' s on my Riva for a long time, you just don't get the hard hit. The 6 volts may make your juice taste burnt. I know of folks who do it but there's not much need. These hit different than the regular attys due to the coil being so close to the mouth piece. For me, they seem to last a long time! Like the cartos there's no telling how long they will last but id say they're comparable. YMMV

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
I use regular cartomizers at 6V's with no problem. Most of my cartos are in the 3.2 range-they seem to vary at times. I know I got a few that were lower and I popped them out, they still sort of worked but they tasted icky. That's why I was asking about using the 3.2 E2 on my chuck.

Would love some more feedback. I don't want to invest 30-40 bucks for it to suck but if it worked the same as my cartos then I'd be game.

bail804

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Advance, NC
I have some 3.2 CE2's that actually measure 2.9 ish. I am using them on a VV device. The highest I can turn it up with BWB 70/30 juice is about 4.3 volts. Not sure how the MAP tank would change this. These run way hotter than anything else I have used. The ohms don't cross over like other attys or cartos. I would say 6 volts would be way too much for them. However; it would depend on the juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread