Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Greetings,

over the years of TC vaping I've found two things that really effect battery life. Namely:
    • mass of the coil
    • power setting
    I think it is easy to understand that larger/greater mass requires more power to heat up than smaller/lower mass coils. Personally I tend to stick to 24-28AWG (28AWG preferred) single wire single coil builds for lower mass and simplicity of builds.

However it might not be as obvious how the power setting in TC mode might effect battery life. While the trend is to simply set the mod to its highest output setting and dial in a temperature, it is rather AMAZING how much that first few seconds of high power (or FRACTIONS OF A SECOND) effect battery life!

Case in point: simple build on a KF v5 using 15, 20, 30 and 50w settings. What I found was the battery lasted much longer with the lower wattage settings (over 2x as long with the 15w setting) then the 50w setting.

While the 15w setting was almost unusable as it took many seconds to get up to temperature, the 50w setting was unneeded and just made the battery drain faster.

YMMV - food for thought.

g.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread