ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
IMG-0207.jpg
Got a Paranormal 250c in today.
First, it exceeded my expectation on build quality and looks. Nice hand feel too.
Put some half charged batteries in and did the Case Thermals.
After a couple hours of impatient waiting, I set my profiles, attached an 8ml Supreme V2, and experimented with power mode for the first time in years. Once I got a vape that I liked, I hit Replay.
What do you know? It gives me that same taste/feel every hit.
After a few hours of that, I put a different 8ml Supreme V2 on, and put it into TC mode.
Changed the wattage and temp, just to see what Replay would make of some different yet nice settings.
Same, taste/feel are excellent, though I'd assume that would be the case as the TC alone is excellent.

For power mode Replay, you have to have TC capable wire, at least a mix of TC/non-TC.
Set a wattage you like, dial the wattage in, hit Replay. mod will take it from there giving you the same hit time after time. Plus, it will not fire when the coil is dry. Easy.

For TC mode Replay, of course you have to have TC wire, no mixing.
Set the parameters as you normally would, play with the temp and/or wattage until you are happy. Hit Replay. Again, easy.

My Paranormal came with SS316, SS430, NiFe30, Ni, Ti, and Kanthal materials loaded.
Since they are there, you can set everything else from the mod. I still use EScribe to do this because that's how I do it, and I have it connected to do case thermals and such for the initial setup.

Going forward, I will change the profile settings on the mod.

Very nice first impression!

Last edited:

Khanninnarh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2016
View attachment 736615 Got a Paranormal 250c in today.
First, it exceeded my expectation on build quality and looks. Nice hand feel too.
Put some half charged batteries in and did the Case Thermals.
After a couple hours of impatient waiting, I set my profiles, attached an 8ml Supreme V2, and experimented with power mode for the first time in years. Once I got a vape that I liked, I hit Replay.
What do you know? It gives me that same taste/feel every hit.
After a few hours of that, I put a different 8ml Supreme V2 on, and put it into TC mode.
Changed the wattage and temp, just to see what Replay would make of some different yet nice settings.
Same, taste/feel are excellent, though I'd assume that would be the case as the TC alone is excellent.

For power mode Replay, you have to have TC capable wire, at least a mix of TC/non-TC.
Set a wattage you like, dial the wattage in, hit Replay. Mod will take it from there giving you the same hit time after time. Plus, it will not fire when the coil is dry. Easy.

For TC mode Replay, of course you have to have TC wire, no mixing.
Set the parameters as you normally would, play with the temp and/or wattage until you are happy. Hit Replay. Again, easy.

My Paranormal came with SS316, SS430, NiFe30, Ni, Ti, and Kanthal materials loaded.
Since they are there, you can set everything else from the mod. I still use EScribe to do this because that's how I do it, and I have it connected to do case thermals and such for the initial setup.

Going forward, I will change the profile settings on the mod.

Very nice first impression!

Thanks for the review. Beautiful mod.

Just wondering about the gun metal frame. Is it anodized or painted?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
Thanks for the review. Beautiful mod.

Just wondering about the gun metal frame. Is it anodized or painted?

Thanks

I'm not sure either. From the sheen I would say paint or power coat. Not sure that dyed anodizing can achieve that degree of sheen.

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
Cool. Thanks.

Just don’t want to get a finish that scratches off easily like the Triade and Therion that I have.

I wish I could say for sure. So far after about four months, I'm guessing, my 75 has lost zero finish. Not even on the bottom.

Reactions: stols001
I have to say, I've been using the Paranormal 250c for a week now, with a RTA using 216l coils at 0.26 ohms, 45W in replay mode and it's not just better than any other mod I've used (SMOK, Asmodus, Evic), it is in a totally different class, even out the box. Nicely built, just works and works very well. If this thing had been out when I started vaping, I'd have bought it and saved a fair bit on inferior kit. Completely not disappointed.
upload_2018-5-1_19-1-24.png

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
I have to say, I've been using the Paranormal 250c for a week now, with a RTA using 216l coils at 0.26 ohms, 45W in replay mode and it's not just better than any other mod I've used (SMOK, Asmodus, Evic), it is in a totally different class, even out the box. Nicely built, just works and works very well. If this thing had been out when I started vaping, I'd have bought it and saved a fair bit on inferior kit. Completely not disappointed. View attachment 739445
Agree fully. Long before mention of any "replay" after using the Para 75C I was ready to purchase the 250C model based only on the form, fit, function, and look. The replay is icing on the cake as far as I am concerned. Comparing Lost Vape to a Smok is like comparing a Rolls Royce to a bus ticket.

It's a sort of counter-intuitive argument, that you get what you pay for with vaping - the whole thing is sold as healthier, and cheaper and yet here I am recommending a device that retails for north of £100. But then I remember that I used to spend more than that every week on cigarettes, and whatever it is that Evolv set their chips up with, they work better than any of the other half-dozen mods I've bought up to now.
I work from home, so I am not constrained by restrictions on smoking, so after getting past the toe-in-the-water thing, am happy with sub-ohm, clouds, flavour thing. I guess you have to find what floats your boat. With hindsight, I'd have gone straight to something like this, and saved about another £200.
If it works for you, and you can afford it, your comparison is completely right.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Good to hear a good review on this. I just bought one yesterday, mainly because it was pretty and expensive. Also for the DNA chip it uses, because when I vaped years ago those used to be the best. I don’t quite know what’s the best these days so I figured I’d spend the big bucks and hope that I would get what I paid for. Sounds like I will.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Good to hear a good review on this. I just bought one yesterday, mainly because it was pretty and expensive. Also for the DNA chip it uses, because when I vaped years ago those used to be the best. I don’t quite know what’s the best these days so I figured I’d spend the big bucks and hope that I would get what I paid for. Sounds like I will.
The Paranormal 250c is an absolutely stunning mod, both in looks and performance. I think you will be pleased with it. Mine doesn't get much use, but that's really because I've been a squonkaholic lately, and haven't been using anything that doesn't squonk, lol.

My only complaint with the Paranormal 250c is that the tolerances in the metal around the top (near the 510) are kind of sloppy/not tight. I have two of them, and can stick the end of a business card between the edges where the frame meets the top near the 510. Seems like it would be easy for juice to get inside your mod if you allow it to build up on top. I don't have a Paranormal 75c to compare this with, so it may just be the newer ones. They could have already addressed this as well. I've seen other folks complain about it too.

Beautiful mod though, and the DNA 250c seems like an incredible board.

Congrats on the new addition to the family.

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
One thing I have noticed as a difference between the 250c and the 75c is that the 250c does a little better with the first "cold" vape on occasion. I think this is a function of available overhead in terms of wattage. Sometimes on the 75c if I let the atty cool down to room temp it will take two puffs for the mod to achieve the full quality of the saved vape. It stands to reason though.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I just got mine yesterday, and I don’t have any Ss to play with the TC yet. And all the tech is new to me ( I’ll learn it, but right now, it’s all Greek to me).

So I felt like I’d let my shinyitis get the best of me, when I bought this. What’s it got that a $50 mod doesn’t?

Well, I’m not disappointed at all. Right out of the box in power mode it’s in a league of its own. It looks like a million bucks, but it vapes so smooth, too. I don’t know why there’s such a difference between this and my other mods, but there is. Really short ramp up time, seems to heat up the same on the first draw as the fifth. I can’t wait to see how it does In replay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread