Paranormal 250c Replay Mode Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadTemp

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2015
Had this for a month I love it. Modified the theme to my liking that took a couple weeks but it's all set. 0.5c increase 0.1w increase but took me until TWO days ago to get replay to act like a taste curve on sxi (dual curve) without all the fiddling, it's my only. 300w mod as I've stuck to the SX and dna lines (no 60 or 75c when they announced the 75 I knew a better 250c would be out and I don't like my dna75 only giving me 60w)

Attachments

• IMG_1804.JPG
    IMG_1804.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 62

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
When I first wanted a Paranormal (75C days), I liked the Sub Ohm Edition released for VaporDNA.

They released it for the 250C early this week. I himmed and hawed, in the cart, out of the cart, ordered something else from them, blah blah. Already had a Paranormal 250C, didn't need it.

Finally, figured WTH and ordered it. It arrived today, and exceeded my expectations. What was even cooler, was when I looked at the serial #, it 'PSO 0001'. So it looks like I got the first one of the first batch. :w00t:

I know it's not really worth anything more because of that, just thought it was cool. Might have been even better to have gotten 'PSO 0666'. Very nice looking mod though.

Now, if I can just figure out how to convert it to a squonk mod, it might actually get some reasonable use. :D

Reactions: stols001

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Oh yeah....

For you folks that have tried Replay, is it going to buy me anything (really) since I vape unflavored juice? I still haven't tried it. No point in upgrading any of my 75C devices before I try it on the Paranormal I'm guessing. I've never used Escribe, so figure I should get used to Replay and Escribe before I start trying to update 75C devices.

My end goal for Replay would really be to upgrade my Therions BFs, so I could squonk with it. But is all it's going to gain me is to not burn my cotton if I forget to squonk? Been a while since that has happened. I can tell it's time to squeeze the 'ole bottle.

I guess I could pop the standard pin back into one of my RDAs (or build an RTA - haven't used one in a while) and give Replay a shot on the Paranormal before I bother trying to update one of the Therions.

Any thoughts? Maybe it's simple enough to just update the Therion and try it there?

Thanks in advance.

MadTemp

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2015
Oh yeah....

For you folks that have tried Replay, is it going to buy me anything (really) since I vape unflavored juice? I still haven't tried it. No point in upgrading any of my 75C devices before I try it on the Paranormal I'm guessing. I've never used Escribe, so figure I should get used to Replay and Escribe before I start trying to update 75C devices.

My end goal for Replay would really be to upgrade my Therions BFs, so I could squonk with it. But is all it's going to gain me is to not burn my cotton if I forget to squonk? Been a while since that has happened. I can tell it's time to squeeze the 'ole bottle.

I guess I could pop the standard pin back into one of my RDAs (or build an RTA - haven't used one in a while) and give Replay a shot on the Paranormal before I bother trying to update one of the Therions.

Any thoughts? Maybe it's simple enough to just update the Therion and try it there?

Thanks in advance.
Update it to the replay and pick a full featured theme, should perform similarly but I skipped the 75C version since my dna75 can only do 58-60w, and seeing the features they removed and the quality of the board I skipped this one till the 250c, had it for 6 weeks it's great (finder) if you get heat sinks you can use the alader sqounk thing on 2s devices like the paranormal

gliv52759

Dec 27, 2014
Hermitage, TN. USA
I have the Paranormal DNA250C and right off the bat it would not connect to Escribe. I dealt with this for about 2 months and I was highly disappointed with this mod, but TC still worked so I just used it in TC mode. I still couldn't vape how I wanted with replay so I contacted Evolv and was told to update Escribe and BAM!!! I was able to connect to Escribe.

I only vape Ti wire, spaced 5 wraps, 22g, 3mm ID around .05-.07 ohm aka Deep Water Build. In Escribe I change my wire preference on Replay to Ti and BOOM! There it is... Vaping my Deep Water Build in Replay and getting the best vape experience of my entire vape life. You just gotta love Evolv... The best mod chip makers in the world hands down. I love this mod and this set up!

BIG UPS TO EVOLV!!!

Last edited:

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Anyone notice anything new on sp17? I don’t even know what waking from deep sleep was a problem.
I didn't even know sp17 had been released. Honestly haven't been paying attention though.

So this claims to fix the wake from sleep issue? I've not experienced it on my PSO Paranormal 250c, still running the original firmware. Heard a good number of complaints on it though. I'll probably go ahead and update, may wait a bit since I'm not having issues (that I've noticed).

I'm probably in the minority, but haven't even tried Replay yet to be honest. Still using good old fashioned power mode, lol.

Anyone notice anything new on sp17? I don’t even know what waking from deep sleep was a problem.

Have had that glitch sometimes, whereby the screen wont turn on until a few seconds after clicking the fire button from idling for a while . Seems to be fixed now with the latest SP :) , not that it was a dealbreaker for me, but glad they did!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread