Max's family thread (no, it's not a contest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
It sleeted all night, starting yesterday afternoon. Woke up to a couple of inches of ice packed on the ground. Took a while to clean up even using the snow blower since the ice was so heavy it kept stalling the snow blower. Now it is just rain. There's a chance of it freezing over tonight, although the next couple of days should be in the 50's.
I had to click the AC back on...be safe and don't fall!

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
That's how mine are. They sleep at our feet until hubby gets up and they steal his spot. :)
Max gets on the bed at night and stayed to watch TV until Jim falls asleep. Then, he gets up and goes and lays across the bedroom doorway in his assumed guard spot

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
I got my pistol :)
IMG_20170124_172555_738.JPG

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
They really are part of the family. I'd be lost without Tommy, he's my therapy baby. He knows when I need extra Tommy lovin and he's not selfish either. He loves Ninja, I'll have to snap a pic of how he sits in Ninja's lap, he looks like a kid lol.
They are the best therapy tool. It's crazy how they always know how you feel, and they seem to always know what to do to make ya feel better. Zeus used to bring me his toys when he was little when I was sad. I ended up laughing, because it was so funny and sweet. He now brings me his bones and he will do funny stuff....Like dig pretend holes in the couch...Lol
I bet Tommy is absolutely adorable! I would love to see how he sits in Ninja's lap. I love when they sit like people. Zeus sits in Hubby's lap like a little kid. It's so cute and funny, because he sits straight up like a person does. Hubby also will hold Zeus like a baby. He holds Mya like a baby too. It's funny...They literally wait their turn while the other gets held like a baby...Lol

Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Da gubberment. That's what happened. Also the fact that unfortunately you live in the lala land state.

Can I come? MD isn't much better. We have "concealed permits" here but it's next to nigh impossible to obtain one unless you're police or retired police which is totally unfair.

That's a recent development, wasn't it?

YES! THIS! One permit, all states. Although I still think certain states will throw such a fit over that, they'll find some way to make it not applicable in those states.

Eh, is what it is. I was more than half tempted to make a post in the official FT thread about that, but it probably wouldn't make a difference.

Yeah, I wasn't the only one that was doing that either. When they changed it so it wasn't allowed anymore I'm pretty sure they lost a good chunk of their business from boycotting.
I bet they for sure lost a chunk of business!!

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Beyond the Bottlez has another coupon code going. SAVE5 gets you 120 ml bottles for $5. Supposedly it is only good for 50 uses, so first come first served. Other codes are SAVE7 for $7.50 per bottle and SAVE10 for $10 per bottle.
the site seems to only offer 30ml bottles?

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Have you named her yet?
Not yet, but I've cussed at her already lol. I have small hands and the frickin clip release is a PITA! With some work it'll loosen up. Its just like a mech mod, you gotta fiddle with to get it to work like ya want it to :)

wvloony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2015
Not yet, but I've cussed at her already lol. I have small hand and the frickin clip release is a PITA! With some work it'll loosen up. Its just like a mech mod, you gotta fiddle with to get it to work like ya want it to :)
Oh that is open to so many comments that i will just leave it be

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
I carried a bunch of firewood in today, and as always I took the huskies with me. I shut the porch gate like I always do. I was carrying wood in and as I came back out I saw Mya's tail leaving the porch....I called her back but she kept going so I chased after her ( My duck and a few chickens were hanging out in front of the house). Chickens scattered, and I caught a glimpse of Mya chasing Duddy. I ran through the muddy yard (barefoot) yelling at Mya to stop. I got to her as she had Duddy in her mouth, and she finally dropped him after yelling her name right next to her. Duddy is still alive, but he is pretty stoved up. Poor lil guy. There was no blood, she ripped several feathers out (not too many but several. You cannot tell by looking at him). His right wing is stoved up. He is holding it slightly lower. He is drinking water. I just feel so bad. Mya has never escaped the porch when I am carrying wood in to attack like that. She has wanted Duddy since she first saw him though. This is Mya's second attack on Duddy. I was so mad at her....She tried to make up right after I came back from carrying Duddy out to the coup to keep him safe. I had to punish her some way so I ignored her for a couple hours.....She is so cute when she sucks up...She puts her ears down and tries to lick your cheek. I finally forgave her, and she was so excited to be friends again. It was just awful....Poor Duddy was so scared. My feet were gross after running through the yard after 2 weeks rain...Lol My side injury hurts from jumping the second set of steps to save Duddy. Lol

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Not yet, but I've cussed at her already lol. I have small hands and the frickin clip release is a PITA! With some work it'll loosen up. Its just like a mech mod, you gotta fiddle with to get it to work like ya want it to :)
Heheheeee.... that's why I don't use my mech. It's so shiny-pretty, but it's heavy and it's kind of big for my hands.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
That's how mine are. They sleep at our feet until hubby gets up and they steal his spot. :)
Lol It's funny. They are so warm too! I swear Zeus would stay in bed with me all day if I did.

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
So. MD
Not yet, but I've cussed at her already lol. I have small hand and the frickin clip release is a PITA! With some work it'll loosen up. Its just like a mech mod, you gotta fiddle with to get it to work like ya want it to :)
Ah, the workings of a brand new gun. Takes a few ;) boxes of ammo before they're properly loosened up and working well. I recently became the proud owner of a vintage '65? Winchester 22 tube fed rifle and SO got a vintage '73? Marlin 22 lever action rifle. (Local shop does consignments, his needs some repairs to the stock but great guns for $140 total!) That's the nice thing about used guns. No break in period. The day after we got them, we took em out and pumped a couple hundred rounds with no fuss. When we got his big boy awhile back, it took almost 200 rounds for it to properly cycle where you didn't get pinged in the face by brass or it fail to load completely. I got real good at fishing crushed misfeeds out of the chamber.

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
So. MD
I carried a bunch of firewood in today, and as always I took the huskies with me. I shut the porch gate like I always do. I was carrying wood in and as I came back out I saw Mya's tail leaving the porch....I called her back but she kept going so I chased after her ( My duck and a few chickens were hanging out in front of the house). Chickens scattered, and I caught a glimpse of Mya chasing Duddy. I ran through the muddy yard (barefoot) yelling at Mya to stop. I got to her as she had Duddy in her mouth, and she finally dropped him after yelling her name right next to her. Duddy is still alive, but he is pretty stoved up. Poor lil guy. There was no blood, she ripped several feathers out (not too many but several. You cannot tell by looking at him). His right wing is stoved up. He is holding it slightly lower. He is drinking water. I just feel so bad. Mya has never escaped the porch when I am carrying wood in to attack like that. She has wanted Duddy since she first saw him though. This is Mya's second attack on Duddy. I was so mad at her....She tried to make up right after I came back from carrying Duddy out to the coup to keep him safe. I had to punish her some way so I ignored her for a couple hours.....She is so cute when she sucks up...She puts her ears down and tries to lick your cheek. I finally forgave her, and she was so excited to be friends again. It was just awful....Poor Duddy was so scared. My feet were gross after running through the yard after 2 weeks rain...Lol My side injury hurts from jumping the second set of steps to save Duddy. Lol

NOOOOO! Bad Mya! Bad!

Is Duddy gonna be ok? It was probably really scary for him.

How's your side doing? At least feet wash.

I'll be honest, my doggy mommy skills aren't as nice as yours. If that was Nala, I woulda punted her rear all the way back onto the porch then beat her .... till she didn't come near me for awhile. Course, with Nala, all it takes for her to run from me for a couple hours is a good swat or two across the nose and a stern fussing. Giant baby, I swear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread