Maxx Fusion PCC not working properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

azeis

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
Jerz
Sent this into CS but just wanted to see if anyone else was having issues with the regular Maxx Fusion PCC (not the mini PCC).

Have been using my Maxx Fusion PCC (regular not the mini) for about a week now and it doesn't seem to be functioning properly. It seems fairly arbitrary as to what batteries charge and what doesn't. I used it successfully a few times, but it doesn't seem to work constantly as it should. Are there any other reported issues or anything I can try?

To verify - I screw in the battery and press the button until the LED flashes and then turns red. Sometimes the battery LED will light and attempt to charge, others it doesn't light at all. This is verified by pressing the PCC button again and the LED showing green on a discharged battery. I have 4 different batteries (two old style two new) and it seems like a coin toss every time I try to charge as to what works, and sometimes the batteries don't charge at all.

Any help is appreciated. thanks!

redempti0N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
staten island USA
Sent this into CS but just wanted to see if anyone else was having issues with the regular Maxx Fusion PCC (not the mini PCC).

Have been using my Maxx Fusion PCC (regular not the mini) for about a week now and it doesn't seem to be functioning properly. It seems fairly arbitrary as to what batteries charge and what doesn't. I used it successfully a few times, but it doesn't seem to work constantly as it should. Are there any other reported issues or anything I can try?

To verify - I screw in the battery and press the button until the LED flashes and then turns red. Sometimes the battery LED will light and attempt to charge, others it doesn't light at all. This is verified by pressing the PCC button again and the LED showing green on a discharged battery. I have 4 different batteries (two old style two new) and it seems like a coin toss every time I try to charge as to what works, and sometimes the batteries don't charge at all.

Any help is appreciated. thanks!
azeis, out of curiosity is the PCC your only means for charging batteries?

azeis

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
Jerz
Actually doing a few more test runs here - looks like it may be the battery LED that is the culprit. The "new" style batteries seems to act as they should (PCC light stays red and battery LED is lit while charging), however the older style batteries I'm not sure on. Can't say if they are taking the charge yet or not but the LED is 50/50 as to if it goes on when charging. Will keep playing a bit and report back.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Actually doing a few more test runs here - looks like it may be the battery LED that is the culprit. The "new" style batteries seems to act as they should (PCC light stays red and battery LED is lit while charging), however the older style batteries I'm not sure on. Can't say if they are taking the charge yet or not but the LED is 50/50 as to if it goes on when charging. Will keep playing a bit and report back.

Still sounds like a bad PCC to me, I'm afraid. There are no "new style" batts and "old style" batts. The only changes to the batts were purely cosmetic changes to the "ashcap" and the logo, not to the componants or function.

OTOH, maybe there's a slight batch variation to the threads, so one batch matches the PCCs threads slightly better. Different operator using the machine to turn them out or whatever.

ANd you know, now that that occurs to me, that could be another possible explanation for why some chargers seem incompatible sometimes while other chargers from the same manufacturer work fine. Either the batt or the charger might have slight variation in the threads.

Unfortunately, since so much is done by hand, at our componant suppliers as well as at our manufacturer, there's no good way to eliminate those kinds of things.

azeis

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
Jerz
Appreciate the reply. Just curious now as to what exactly is the cause. I do have both a super old KR PCC and the newer LCD KR PCC - neither of which work with the BMF batteries. The older does not thread properly, and the LCD style works (kind of) but the LED does not work as it should. Sooooo like I said I'll keep messing and see what I can come up with. Appreciate the quick support as always.

starsong

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
SoCal
I have the old style battery and the new style and a standard PCC from riV4L. I rarely if ever got the old battery to work in the PCC, whereas the new battery lit right up and everything was fine. I tried using a fix I read about in the other forum for batteries that don't seem to work right, and that fixed the problem with it charging in the PCC. I slightly lifted the center post, so it had a better chance of making a connection. I guess tightening a carto too tight, or putting on a charger too tight, over time can push that post down a smidge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread