Mech Mod Care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! I purchased a black hawk panzer not too long ago, and i am LOVING it. It's definitely gonna be in my collection for a lifetime. However, it has already begun to show signs of cosmetic wear. Nothing bad really, in fact i actually really like the slight fading it's gotten around sharp edges. My question is however, is there any good way to kind of seal in the black oxide finish? Or at least protect it? Id preferably like to keep it's matte finish, but wouldn't really mind a low to medium gloss. Any ideas? All are highly appreciated!

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
If the black part is Stainless steel as i think it is will be hard to protect. Paint or clear coat is out. You may be able to get a custom wrap for it. But since it's a telescoping i believe then there will be one part that you can't put the wrap on. If you really like it and don't mind spending the money you may be able to get it powder coated. Its a backed on finish that is sprayed on using an electrostatic process. Not sure how well Stainless Steel will do. Some Brick and mortars shops do this or you can check for specialty shops in your city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread