Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilGenius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2014
nj
ok so i've only been using my mech mod which I LOVE for 4 days lol

anyways my wrist from the hand that I use to hold it and press the bottom firing button has been hurting me for 2 days now... is this normal and wil go away or am I doing something wrong?

I'm holding it between my thumb and index finger and using my middle finger to push the delrin button, I was using my ring finger but that was hurting more

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I never experienced that particular problem while using Sigelei 19 but I am sorry that you are. Could it be that you have hurt your wrist doing anything else and it is just worse when you bottom fire? Nerves can be very weird things and this is something that may just straighten its self out. I hope so. If it continues, I would however suggest you seek professional advice from a doctor. You may also try putting ice on it if there is any inflammation and also take a anti-inflammatory to see if it helps. Just my 2¢. Good luck to you and I hope the issue resolves so you can enjoy vaping without any pain.

EvilGenius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2014
nj
thanks and no doesnt hurt when doing anything else as i weight lift everyday, do tae kown do for 23 years now, and i'm a hardcore gamer ;D
that is.. when i'm not being a dad and husband :p

today so far it doesnt hurt so maybe it was something i was doing but no clue

I never experienced that particular problem while using Sigelei 19 but I am sorry that you are. Could it be that you have hurt your wrist doing anything else and it is just worse when you bottom fire? Nerves can be very weird things and this is something that may just straighten its self out. I hope so. If it continues, I would however suggest you seek professional advice from a doctor. You may also try putting ice on it if there is any inflammation and also take a anti-inflammatory to see if it helps. Just my 2¢. Good luck to you and I hope the issue resolves so you can enjoy vaping without any pain.

Stringplucker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
Tarentum, PA, USA
When I was using my first mech, the Stingray, my hand would cramp. I thought it was due to the size of the batter, so I moved up to a Mutant, which is 26650. I was happy. I then picked up a Manhattan and loved the button and didn't have hand cramping. I'm now playing with an Apollo, and am stil enjoying it.

What mod are you using that is causing the issue? Perhaps it's just the button style that's causing the issue.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
I didn't want to believe it either. I chain vape too. I took only my new istick on a 12 day vacation in October. After 4-5 days I guess, I awoke with right "trigger thumb". I didn't know what it was until I got home and started googling. I wanted to blame it on something I did on vacation other than vaping... over using a smart phone, took a fall on the beach...
It doesn't bother me as much during the day unless it's at rest, lying down or sitting in my recliner, and then it locks up again. Then a different pain started in my wrist behind by left thumb. Yeah, I switched hands...
Mine is inflammation of the sheath that the tendon runs through, and really nothing to play with.
Did I mention I ordered another istick and an egrip as soon as I got home...:closedeyes: I love them, but I'm trying to use my erolls more for now.
I went to my chiropractor and he demonstrated exactly the position my hands are when I wake up in the morning, so I have been wearing braces at night. Not kidding.:(
With a tail switch you really don't have many options for grip. Might have to put it down once in awhile! ;)
Good luck.

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
ok so i've only been using my mech mod which I LOVE for 4 days lol

anyways my wrist from the hand that I use to hold it and press the bottom firing button has been hurting me for 2 days now... is this normal and wil go away or am I doing something wrong?

I'm holding it between my thumb and index finger and using my middle finger to push the delrin button, I was using my ring finger but that was hurting more

I just held my mod to find out how I hold mine. I hold it the exact same way as you do. I do not experience any pain. Do you have a history of wrist pain?

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
It could be your hands need to get used to the new activity.

Example: when I first started typing, the tops of my hands would be sore from the movement of using those muscles/ligaments/bones/joints (whatever the hell was being used). After a period of time (don't ask me to remember how long it took, this was YEARS ago) they quit hurting.

Or it could be that you are aggravating something that will not get used to the activity.

Example: I was putting all of my music stuff into my purse which caused it to weigh a lot. I used my thumb to lift it up to my shoulder. After a while, I developed a pain in the wrist at the thumb joint. It took a while to figure out what was causing this pain. Once I figured it out, I lightened my purse load and quit using the same motion to get the strap onto my shoulder. It took forever to heal but it did. It did get so bad, before I figured out what exactly was causing it, that I resorted to using a brace at times.

You may have to play around with how you fire the button. Maybe even switch up to a different PV that has the firing button in a different area.

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
^^Truth to that..some day it'll be included in a forensic's clue.."ah I see our John Doe was a vaper tell the detectives to go down to the local B&M for questioning of the staff" *lol*

I've joked about vaper carpel tunnel syndrome when I had that Nemi and the hefty MVP. I got used to it in a few days, more so hand cramping from gripping that thing 24X7 *lol*

I just held the Nemi and fired with the inside of my pinky, but I've got large hands for a chick.

As everything if the pain doesn't go away it's your body's way of telling you "hey .....! something's wrong, change it up or see a medical professional"!!:p

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Took me a while to get used to a bottom firing button. Glad you seem to be getting used to it.

Something else you may try is holding your mod like a pencil quite near the bottom of it, with the tube nestled in the crook between your thumb and index finger so it sits at quite an angle (mine sits almost horizontally). Sliding your fingers further towards the fire button and hooking the tube under your index finger will allow you to punch the button with your middle or ring finger with minimal finger movement and effort - hopefully relieving any strain.

I get forum fingers from typing too much occasionally, but no discomfort from my mechs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread