mech mods anonymous

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBCAmor

Verified Member
Jun 4, 2014
Denver, CO.
My name is Matt and I am a Vapeaholic. It has been 1 week since my last purchase. Today was a hard day, I went down to the local B&M, like so many of us do, and saw an authentic pegasus. The cravings came on so quick, before I knew it I had pulled out my credit card and attempted to purchase it... It was declined. I tried my debit card, and had insufficient funds. The insanity of my disease had me calling my wife asking where our money was. She had told me she had moved our checking balance into our savings since I had left the house, and she knew I would surly be at the vape shop. I don't ever think I will be free from this obsession, but I take it one day at a time.

That is priceless what your wife did. I'm not married, or else, with my financial situation, I think that would probably happen to me, too.

I've been pretty much stuck on my Akuma since I've had it, so I think I'm good for a bit. Won't say for how long, since I know the bug will bite again. I'm good with my one RDA, I just don't use it much. I prefer my kayfun lite and lite plus v2. I NEED more than two. Right? Help me justify everyone! Two kayfuns surely is not enough. :D

monkey39

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Texas
I'm in my first month of vaping and have already spent $600+....AHHHHH! Just ordered some RDA's from FastTech - this morning! Twice! After ordering a KSD K-Max yesterday! This definitely should be expanded to Vapers Anonymous. If you see a disheveled, hopeless-looking guy driving around with a car full of dirty clothes and an excellent vape gear collection, say 'hi'...

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I've got it! Limited edition custom made shinyitis mods. One for each of your 12 steps ;)

lol..Well, you never stop working the 12steps...so that could be a gold mine. We need sponsors too.
And..you get chips after certain time periods in programs.

I googled it...;)

All the cool guys have at least 3 or 4 Kayfuns.
just sayin....
:p

You're even cooler if you have more, and they're all just sitting in a drawer..

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
tbh, I never could get say with my VTR. The most use it has had lately is as a ohm meter =T half thetanks I have either are too big to use on it, or dont fire on it (my areo tank seems ot hate my vtr). And theo nes that do work dont work well enough for me ot enjoy them XD

I *might* sell off my VTR, idk yet

EDIT: to keep on topic, I'm hunting a mech mod to replace my nemesis, but its hard to find it. It'd be exclusively for drippin, which is why I am heavily considering a valkyrie. It'd be perfect ^^

Do you know the 3D rda can work on the nemesis in hybrid mode?

I suspect there's other toppers that can work on the nemesis in hybrid mode; the kayfuns can.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
the only way to solve your addiction to find 'that' mod that you love and stop using all others...but that'll only last until the next mod is released.

for me, 'that' mod is the mcr-101 for me at the moment. i have no desire for anything else and have sold off everything else.

is there anything about the mcr-101 people might be interested in?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
I've got it! Limited edition custom made shinyitis mods. One for each of your 12 steps ;)

On a more serious note, over on the over 50 thread one person said they've managed to get a handle on things by putting everything they wanted into a wishlist. If after a full month it was something that they still wanted it'd be bought. But most often they could pass on the item instead. Perhaps this method would work for you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Yes, wishlists are very usefull;
just checked: I have over 105 items on my ft wishlists;
I'm sure I won't buy half of them; maybe more like 10 or 20 in the next year.

milescadre

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Do you know the 3D rda can work on the nemesis in hybrid mode?

I suspect there's other toppers that can work on the nemesis in hybrid mode; the kayfuns can.

tbh, my nemesis has a Tobh on top and it matches so well in its current config it looks close enough to a hybrid as is XD but I want a REAL hybrid, and to me the 3d doesnt make the nemesis a true hybrid =T but, my tastes are sated, I ordered a silver dog =P

jswag5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2014
Indiana
ive just started on the mechs, but i see how they are addictive, bought 2 this week. stingray clone and a king2.
just wish i had enough money to buy about 12-200 more.:D

also started venturing sub-ohm, running a .3ohm dual ribbon in my stillare right now, gotta learn to let my batteries rest, they get warm in a hurry:laugh::laugh:

also, im starting to get a kraken collection, loving those thing for daily use

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
tbh, my nemesis has a Tobh on top and it matches so well in its current config it looks close enough to a hybrid as is XD but I want a REAL hybrid, and to me the 3d doesnt make the nemesis a true hybrid =T but, my tastes are sated, I ordered a silver dog =P

I don't think you understand; not talking about "matches well" or "looks close enough:
- the atmomaxi 3d was designed to screw on to the atmomaxi nemesis 22 mm threads directly in hybrid mode.
The 3d comes with a 22mm-to-510 adapter so that it can also be used on regular 510 threaded mods, but it's fundamental core design is true hybrid on the nemesis.

1720200-1.jpg

The piece in the middle is the 22mm to 510 thread adapter.
Without using that, you screw directly onto the nemesis

milescadre

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
I don't think you understand; not talking about "matches well" or "looks close enough:
- the atmomaxi 3d was designed to screw on to the atmomaxi nemesis 22 mm threads directly in hybrid mode.
The 3d comes with a 22mm-to-510 adapter so that it can also be used on regular 510 threaded mods, but it's fundamental core design is true hybrid on the nemesis.

1720200-1.jpg

The piece in the middle is the 22mm to 510 thread adapter.
Without using that, you screw directly onto the nemesis

I do know what you mean, it has the same threads as a nemesis tube. But the nemesis wasnt designed as a hybrid in mind, but rather the 3D (and Dome) were designed to CONVERT the nemesis to a hybrid. Whereas like, say, a Valkyrie or a Silver Dog were primarily designed to be a hybrid.

Arent I weird? =P

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I do know what you mean, it has the same threads as a nemesis tube. But the nemesis wasnt designed as a hybrid in mind, but rather the 3D (and Dome) were designed to CONVERT the nemesis to a hybrid. Whereas like, say, a Valkyrie or a Silver Dog were primarily designed to be a hybrid.

Arent I weird? =P

Well if you want to be technical.....
The silver dog has a removable atomizer.
It's a true hybrid, no 510, but the entire tank and deck unscrews.
Just like a Nemmy and 3-d.

The Valkyrie differs in that it has a fixed topper(atty).

I have all three devices.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
After adding them up and putting my toes back in their socks, it dawned on me that overall I've refrained quite nicely over the years. In the years I've been vaping, I've averaged purchasing 4 mods per year and being gifted or winning 1 mod a year. With that said, I don't think I need this group afterall!

Please please don't ask how many years I've been vaping, I've already put my shoes back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread