Mechanical mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

oDANo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2013
VA
Hello everyone, I've been vaping for about a year on and off, started with an ego twist, and hated it haha. I recently picked up an iTaste MVP 2.0, and it's step up for me. I've been doing some research and decided to get into mech mods. I've looked at K100s/101s, VAMO, and KTS, none of them really caught my attention. I'm having a little trouble on deciding which one to pick though, my budget is $75-125. I really prefer box mods (REO,bogger,microstik), but they're out of my budget. Anyway, if anyone has any feedback on what devices are good, that'd be great ! I'm mainly concerned with producing alot of vapor, durable (for deployments haha), and being compact. Websites would help too, thanks !

Requirements:
-Box mod (preferably)
-Bot Fed (preferably)
-$100-175
-Sells as a kit (preferably)
-Compact
-Durable

Last edited:

xpen

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2012
Italy
You may try to find a 'blemished' REO on reosmods.com, they sell (when available) for 115 USD if I remember correctly.

The Reo is an excellent mech mod, box shaped, milled out of a solid aluminum block.

Yes I understand that's at the upper limit of your budget, especially because you'll still need battery and charger, but I think it may be what you're looking for..

oDANo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2013
VA
You may try to find a 'blemished' REO on reosmods.com, they sell (when available) for 115 USD if I remember correctly.

The Reo is an excellent mech mod, box shaped, milled out of a solid aluminum block.

Yes I understand that's at the upper limit of your budget, especially because you'll still need battery and charger, but I think it may be what you're looking for..

I took that into consideration as well, are all REO bottom fed? And can you explain what that means to me? I just know it doesn't use a carto or any tank.

joaquingt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
San Francisco
if you chasing alot of vapor instead of flavor just try 100% vg ejuice with your vv mod, no need to get into troubles rolling, oxidizing, wraping, hot spot, IMHO i cant get back to vv mods vaping at .8 ohms with a zen is amazing.

and remember is not only your mech mod, you need to choose your delivery system.
so no need to spend 125 bucks on a mech mod, you could buy a k100 with an RSST (plastic tank) or AGA T2 (pyrex tank) and try it for no more than 50 bucks, i personally recomend the RSST the AGA T2 is a pain if you replace some parts in the positive post,(add a washer and a spring) the hot leg on the top is annoyning if you dont have experience setting up a coil.

Good luck

oDANo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2013
VA
if you chasing alot of vapor instead of flavor just try 100% vg ejuice with your vv mod, no need to get into troubles rolling, oxidizing, wraping, hot spot, IMHO i cant get back to vv mods vaping at .8 ohms with a zen is amazing.

and remember is not only your mech mod, you need to choose your delivery system.
so no need to spend 125 bucks on a mech mod, you could buy a k100 with an RSST (plastic tank) or AGA T2 (pyrex tank) and try it for no more than 50 bucks, i personally recomend the RSST the AGA T2 is a pain if you replace some parts in the positive post,(add a washer and a spring) the hot leg on the top is annoyning if you dont have experience setting up a coil.

Good luck

Yeah I was thinking of just buying a k101 and starting with that, but I've read alot of people regret not buying a REO sooner, I might just purchase a REO and see how that goes. How long does a 14500 battery last, compared to a 18650?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
gripper_&_knucklehead.jpg

Smoktech Gripper uses an 18350 IMR battery that can last a good 6 - 7 hours. An XL flangeless carto fits right inside the mod for a really short profile (great for stealth). An extender adaptor is available to put an atomizer, clearomizer, or cartotank on it. Only $25 at Got Vapes. Pyrex cartotank above is a halfling tiny tank from IBTanked.

Vapage VMod-XL uses an 18650 IMR battery that can last nearly 2 days in this bottom feeder box mod. Contains a 9 ml tank on the inside. Basic sleeves are black or silver, but other sleeves are available like the above wood grain. Around $85. Comes with an atomizer, cartomizer, and 2 sizes of drip tips. The tip above is a Sagewood Glass pyrex tip. Kit available with battery and charger.

Last edited:

xpen

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2012
Italy
I took that into consideration as well, are all REO bottom fed? And can you explain what that means to me? I just know it doesn't use a carto or any tank.

Not 100% sure, but I think they all are. A bottom feeder can push liquid into the Atomizer on demand (so called 'squonking') by means of an hole in the bottom of the atomizer.

You squeeze a plastic bottle normally contained in the mod itself, and some liquid goes up into the atomizer. You may do that even with a carto, but a rebuildable atomizer would be a better choice.

Anyway Reo's sport a 510 atom connector so you can use any standard atomizers on it, including cartos and tanks.

oDANo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2013
VA
View attachment 267341

Smoktech Gripper uses an 18350 IMR battery that can last a good 6 - 7 hours. An XL flangeless carto fits right inside the mod for a really short profile (great for stealth). An extender adaptor is available to put an atomizer, clearomizer, or cartotank on it. Only $25 at Got Vapes. Pyrex cartotank above is a halfling tiny tank from IBTanked.

Vapage VMod-XL uses an 18650 IMR battery that can last nearly 2 days in this bottom feeder box mod. Contains a 9 ml tank on the inside. Basic sleeves are black or silver, but other sleeves are available like the above wood grain. Around $85. Comes with an atomizer, cartomizer, and 2 sizes of drip tips. The tip above is a Sagewood Glass pyrex tip. Kit available with battery and charger.

Oh wow, I might have to check that Vapage Vmod out, looks sick ! Where can I buy that

oDANo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2013
VA
Not 100% sure, but I think they all are. A bottom feeder can push liquid into the Atomizer on demand (so called 'squonking') by means of an hole in the bottom of the atomizer.

You squeeze a plastic bottle normally contained in the mod itself, and some liquid goes up into the atomizer. You may do that even with a carto, but a rebuildable atomizer would be a better choice.

Anyway Reo's sport a 510 atom connector so you can use any standard atomizers on it, including cartos and tanks.

Gotcha bro, thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Oh wow, I might have to check that Vapage Vmod out, looks sick ! Where can I buy that

VMOD 2.0 and VMOD XL

I recommend getting on the newsletter e-mail list. They often provide coupon codes for up to 50% off. I got my VMod at 30% off and used the savings for the custom wood-grain sleeve.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/liquid-feed-apv-discussion/403576-lets-talk-about-vmod-calling-all-vmodders-those-interested-vmod.html

My ECF buddy NoleintheNati did this video review of his VMod.

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
VMOD 2.0 and VMOD XL

I recommend getting on the newsletter e-mail list. They often provide coupon codes for up to 50% off. I got my VMod at 30% off and used the savings for the custom wood-grain sleeve.
~snip

If you don't need the extra email reminders, the campaigns are all listed HERE Just book mark and check now and again.

Good luck
I

oDANo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2013
VA
This video will explain how the REO works. They're all I run.
REO grand - Getting Started Tutorial - YouTube

that was a very informative video bro ! I think I'm gonna go for REO. I was debating on getting the REO Grand, or the mini 2.1 .. I know the Grand uses a 18650, and the mini uses a 14500 I think, is there a big difference for the battery life? And there's no drip tip that comes with it, what's an RM2? I think is what you used and mentioned in your video

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
basically, what do I need to buy to attach to the REO? I don't really know what it's called haha.I think it's the atomizer/cartomizer? If it is, does anyone have any website suggestions where I could purchase one to make it look flush on a REO grand

Glad you asked. Most run a very simple Rebuildable atomizer on it. Here's 2 more videos to help understand a little better. :)
Basics:
http://youtu.be/OzKAz7gojEA

How to build it:
http://youtu.be/_XjH8lFurPk

It is extremely easy to get the best, most consistent vape you'll ever experience with the Rebuildable. Depending on your juice, a wick can last for a week or more and a coil can last months. It costs pennies to change a coil and/or wick :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
that was a very informative video bro ! I think I'm gonna go for REO. I was debating on getting the REO Grand, or the mini 2.1 .. I know the Grand uses a 18650, and the mini uses a 14500 I think, is there a big difference for the battery life? And there's no drip tip that comes with it, what's an RM2? I think is what you used and mentioned in your video

Thank you. Yes, there's a huge difference in battery life between the grand and mini 2.1, but it's easy to swap batteries. I recommend a grand - their not as big as you are imagining - only slightly larger than a mini 2.1. I prefer the grand over the 2.1 more for the ease of filling the 6ml bottle than the battery cause batteries are so easy to swap :)

oDANo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2013
VA
Thank you. Yes, there's a huge difference in battery life between the grand and mini 2.1, but it's easy to swap batteries. I recommend a grand - their not as big as you are imagining - only slightly larger than a mini 2.1. I prefer the grand over the 2.1 more for the ease of filling the 6ml bottle than the battery cause batteries are so easy to swap :)

Say someone was too lazy to use a RBA haha, what carto/atty do you recommend? So I could just swap it out on the go

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Yes, I used to use them before RBAs. The supershort / mini cartos 1.7 ohm stainless cartos on the REOsmods site worked excellent for me. Just about all cartos with a 510 connector should work great :)

I changed them out about once a week. I run unflavored nic base high VG and it's very very easy on vape gear.

Here's a link :

http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?p...category_id=20&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=3

I would highly recommend dropping into the REO forum here on ECF where you can ask away at questions and get many answers from the most helpful bunch on ECF :)
Here's a link. See you there :)
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
Say someone was too lazy to use a RBA haha, what carto/atty do you recommend? So I could just swap it out on the go

You can also use 510 dripping atomizers. I would say get a few from the Reos Mods website to get you started. Then look into the Cisco ones from Avid Vaper. Supposedly they are the the end all be all of pre built dripping atomizers. Part of the draw of bottom feeders is that they allow you to drip without the mess. You really need to use atomizers instead of cartomizers to get the full experience.

I have a Reo Mini 2.1. They take 18490/18500 batteries. They last me a while. I am now awaiting my second Reo in the mail.

Eventually, I would recommend you check out the Reomizers. They are not a difficult build and you get so much flavor, vapor, and I actually got a nic buzz the first time I set mine up good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread