6adu4y5u.jpg

qura5e7y.jpg

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
Sedge, how high do you have the coils off the deck?

Thanks!

26g
6 wraps
1.6mm ID
0.3 ohms

Centered even with the airholes. About 2.5 mm I'm guessing. I could measure later. But I hold the cap off the atty and rest its bottom edge on the lip with which it seats and center the coil accordingly. I do this with all my builds. Then I might adjust slightly higher or lower depending on its performance. I might lower these a bit to assist in wicking or increase the coil ID because at 0.3 ohms I can't get more than 3 long drags before having to re-squonk.

qu3y7yze.jpg

a6y4e4en.jpg

3y4aja4e.jpg

urajane9.jpg

Last edited:

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
hehe.. should be good at .3Ω

Whats the absolute limit on the VTC5's without getting hurt, is it just below .2? my multimeter only does to the nearest ohm, might have to make one of they ohm readers so I can get a more precise reading.

my 30A efest are getting bad now! they seem to have started falling off the cliff faster!

VTC5 after the weekend :D hell yeah!

Last edited:

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
not sure if you like open ugly coils or nice neat micro style with your rene!? but there is an easy way to get that tight microcoil with it without even heating it :D

I run 26g most of the time too, it's good to work with and has a nice balance between heat-up time and sturdiness.

I have some 20g too, but that's for stupidity like this on an igo-w4.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/coil-builds/530367-deedupdex-builds-variety-builds.html

For long term bulletproof coils you can use Rene41 wire, but it's a swine to work - think blowtorch, pliers and all that - but it lasts months.

T

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
I run 26g most of the time too, it's good to work with and has a nice balance between heat-up time and sturdiness.

I have some 20g too, but that's for stupidity like this on an igo-w4.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/coil-builds/530367-deedupdex-builds-variety-builds.html

For long term bulletproof coils you can use Rene41 wire, but it's a swine to work - think blowtorch, pliers and all that - but it lasts months.

T

Wish I would've got 26...I got a roll of 24...heat up is fine but that's a looong coil to keep a reasonable ohmage on the wrap...

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread