Mechanical reos will be seeing some upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

siklilmonkey

Dec 11, 2013
Minnesota
Hello all, kinda new to reos, bought mine a few months ago but, being a .2 ohm sub ohm'r, it didnt really do it for me.. fastforward to today, I cant put this thing down long enough to order another. lol, but im gonna, think i need a LP to go with my grand.

Question: I bought a brass button with my sub ohm kit, and, well I cant figure out how to put it on, anyone know how? It slips right on, but doesnt fit snug enough to lock, unlock the button. I still have it in original package with the little gold string I have no idea what thats for.

Any help would be appreciated, looked on youtube but my search came up with nothing and nothing on the reos site.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
Ok so I put the new kit in it finally got here mail to Canada sucks the hind teet. any ways same atty ohms and got over a .1 volt increase after running through 3 mlx of juice not bad eh and less loss of heat at the end doesn't take much .1 volt is a lot at that point :D

Spectrum156

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
Los Angeles
I honestly did not think that the Grand could get any better.. What a difference! Outright perfection with a 26 gauge micro @ 0.6. Love the shortened throw as well! Also, as Super X and a couple of others have mentioned, sanding off the paint beneath the spring will yield even more efficiency and increased output. She hits like an absolute champ!

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Since getting my "Ninja" green Grand last Friday, I've been using VTC5's and like the longer run time.

But what I really like is How my carpet matches my drapes!!! LOL

View attachment 332594

The VTC5 is a darned good battery. It hits hard and has stamina.
Went through 6 ml of juice, on a .39 OHM. Started around 8:00 in the morning 3.78V under load and at 7:00 at night
I was at around 3.44V under load.

My old Sony Hit hot for around an hour or two then dropped off the planet.

The other battery to consider is the Panasonic NCR 18650PD doesn't hit as hard off the charger, but has an incredible stamina.

I'm tempted to buy a new one [Old ones are too beat up] to see if it reacts the same way on my REO as it did on my other bottom feeder. It would start at 3.4V under load and end at 3.2v around 14 hours later.

Had to adjust my Coils to compensate for the lower Battery V-Drop on the VTC-5 went from .29 to around .39 from a 3-2 wrap up to 4-3 wrap.

Last edited:

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
.3 with 24 mg that will put hair on your chest

I agree with and fully support the above statement.

y4e4ahy8.jpg

Sent from the zoo using Tapatypo 2

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
I am loving these contacts. .3 ohm coil with my 24mg bavarian cream cheesecake. I have tempted a friend to come on over. Hopefully he orders a reo soon.

Sent from my SM-N900T

24mg! OMG!! :ohmy:

I had to drop from 8mg to 4mg when I got the new kit. Should I turn in my "man card"? :confused:

Jonathan Rizo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Riverside, California, United States
No need to turn in the mancard lol. When I first started vaping, I was using 36mg in a vivi nova with a packet of snus under my lip. I really like my nicotine.

Sent from my SM-N900T

Sure would seem so, holy hell that's a lot of nicotine. You're the only other person I know that could do that hehe. Have a buddy I met in my army days that would pack 2 dips (bottom and top lip) and still smoke a cig! Crazy stuff, I'll sit at my 6mg margin... Can't hang like you hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e30ernest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Philippines
My contacts arrived just in time for my birthday. :) Rebuilt my Reo and it now fires like a champ. It never performed this good!

Just for kicks, here's a photo of what remained of my old positive contact. Filing to keep it clean wore it down to a stump. I was lucky I was still making contact at all.

P1000991.jpg

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
My contacts arrived just in time for my birthday. :) Rebuilt my Reo and it now fires like a champ. It never performed this good!

Just for kicks, here's a photo of what remained of my old positive contact. Filing to keep it clean wore it down to a stump. I was lucky I was still making contact at all.

P1000991.jpg
I would say you were do for a new positive contact .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread