Status
Not open for further replies.

NickCA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2013
United States
Initiate mass hate spam.

Honestly I don't think a hate spam is going to speed up the process or help anyone. If anything they'll begin to recognize where the spam is coming from, get angry, and delay the shipment; or future shipments to Rob. Assuming he uses them again, which it sounds like he won't; but still, it may slow down this shipment. If you're going to contact the company, fellow Reonauts, I urge you to do so from a place of civility and composure.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
"Experience the precision manufacturing, on-time delivery and personal service that have been, and continue to be, our trademarks for over 50 years."
Gave me a good laugh my friend thank you . The only thing I can think of is daddy left his boy the company and hes not cutting the mustard

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Honestly I don't think a hate spam is going to speed up the process or help anyone. If anything they'll begin to recognize where the spam is coming from, get angry, and delay the shipment; or future shipments to Rob. Assuming he uses them again, which it sounds like he won't; but still, it may slow down this shipment. If you're going to contact the company, fellow Reonauts, I urge you to do so from a place of civility and composure.
I am with you please no hate mail I have this covered

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Gave me a good laugh my friend thank you . The only thing I can think of is daddy left his boy the company and hes not cutting the mustard

Yep, I have never been worried about the date or contacted anyone pushing it but I found this humorous.

I agree that it is best left in the porcupines hands folks.

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
Initiate mass hate spam.

I'm actually more concerned with ltrainer than what's going on with the new kit.

So... Is it "Lt. Rainer" or "i-trainer"?
Dayum, if your clouds weren't so big that they are throwing off weather patterns for all of North America you would easily see that its Ltrainer. I know you are in there someplace in that haze now come out with your hands up or we'll call the Reoville Fire Department to blast that haze away.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
Damn it, I just got my REO 2 days ago. Oh well,

But can someone explain what "springs and electrical contacts" have to do with sub-ohm vaping? What kind of upgrade will it be?

Simply put the existing contact cause voltage drop voltage drop causes excess heat. Excess heat causes spring collapse so the new setup
Is better for sub ohming

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC

But can someone explain what "springs and electrical contacts" have to do with sub-ohm vaping? What kind of upgrade will it be?

There will be a kit available for us to upgrade our existing Reos should we chose to do so. There will be new springs, contacts, and firing pins that will handle the sub ohm vaping better than the current ones. Waiting just for those right now is rather pointless. JMHO

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago

As they ^^ said as you go below .6 ohms the current setup does not work well, so the beryllium copper of the new kits will have a lower voltage drop and the spring won't collapse if you want to vape down in the .4 or lower ohm range. For the rest of us the lower voltage drop will mean a little longer battery life.

Even knowing the kit was coming I bought Reos. Just get the upgrade kit when available and you'll have emergency spares.

OBF_Vapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
http://www.aps-ct.com/
If you need parts quickly I dont recommend them .

HA I grew up about a mile from that place and used to deliver pizza to em years ago. Well I assume its the same company but it was defiantly that building. I always wondered what they actually made. What a small world.

GreatestUnKnown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Bay Area CA.
I know with every post in this thread sub-ohm REOnauts' heart beats quicken...

For clarifications sake the upgraded or new contact "kits" would consist of the new beryllium firing pin/contact, and the gold plated safety spring and I could have swore I remembered reading that there might be a new button that is resistant to melting issues? Am I missing anything else? I am sitting here looking at my REO and don't think there is much else needed, as far as keeping costs and materials needed at a minimum i.e.: feed tubes, delrin inserts/screws, etc.

I have been using the fuse mod on a 0.4 setup for a couple weeks now (the Cyclone AFC really gives so much adjustability as far as air hole size that I couldn't resist) and have started noticing a lot of corrosion and sparking even with my AW IMRs. I am personally looking forward to using the new contacts to allow me to vape around 0.6-0.8 along with the added battery life of some the higher mAh safe chem batteries available with the lower voltage drop.

I am extremely satisfied with the performance of the mod so far, even if I had not done the fuse mod, a 0.8+ vape is not a bad vape at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread