Status
Not open for further replies.

element77

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Atl, Ga
Holster that paypal button for another moment, I'll check back here in a couple weeks.
Till then stay thirsty and vape on my friends. Also a fuse mod does wonders for the impatient ones;)
the pins are different, length is on thing for sure. I've only made a pin for my grand, but I know it's longer than the mini2

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Here's how I did it:
Important things with the auto fuse mod:

Use 10a. Fuse. Here it is in the mod. Notice the words 10 A face up:
pudupubu.jpg

You bend the pos leg up and bend the neg leg down.
Here's a pic:
y4a3ysyt.jpg

File paint off area where neg leg touches mod.

Place small piece of self stick rubber (like a piece cut from a glass tabletop cushion) between the positive contact and the part of the mod it could contact. Ensure that there is no chance that the pos leg could make contact with any part of the mod or it will not blow if shorted.

Place a similar piece of rubber beneath the pos side to level the fuse (since neg leg is bent down under fuse) and to provide some "spring" in the fuse when battery is inserted. Here's a pic:
equpe3at.jpg

Test the fuse by firing and shorting across the posts. It should blow instantly. This is a very important step. Don't forget the step. If it doesn't blow, the positive leg is making contact with something other than the battery. That is no good. The rubber pieces need to prevent positive from contacting any part of the mod.

I keep a spare up by the feed tube :)

Enjoy the vape :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
awesome tutorial! thank you! I just have one question. What is the vertical fuse next to the bottlecap for?

It's like a turbocharger. Kicks it up a notch. Just kidding. It's where I keep the spare :)

Did you test the fuse to ensure it blows ?

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Been lurking. Will order another Trident V2 and drill a hole for the LP Reo Grand, and order one of those sub ohm kits when they come in.
Question: Anyone that has drilled their fav RDA to use on a LP Reo, would you post a pic so I may see where to drill the hole? Also, would 2mm be okay or should it be larger?
No hurry I'm subscribed now.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Thanks mudflap. For some reason I thought the firing pins were different between the grand and mini 2.1. Not a biggy to me because I don't sub-ohm that much (.8ish lol) on my mini but would upgrade anyway.

There may be a size difference in firing pins b/t the Grand and Mini 2.1. I don't know for sure.

The sub ohm kits are delayed for a couple weeks . I will post here as soon as I have more info

No worries, chief. Hold it over their heads and get them to come down on their asking price for the kits. A broken promise should hurt their bottom line, at least a little bit.

:evil:

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread