Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon555

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2010
Wisconsin
I can't stand nosy neighbors.

Today I was out in my backyard doing some work. The neighbor walks over, and introduces herself and right away inquires about the "junk" in our yard.

We moved in this past fall, and the previous owner had sided the house and there was some leftover siding neatly stacked behind our garage... Its out of plain view and is obscured by our garage, and a big old evergreen tree.

She asks if we plan on getting rid of it anytime soon.

I said I was waiting for the bulk garbage pickup next month which the city does twice a year... we moved in a week after the last pickup otherwise I would have done it then.

I was polite and and almost apolgetic. I think she may have been expecting a confrontation or me to be rude. I know I would never approach my neighbors about something that piddly.

Then we chit chatted a little and she ended up asking me what my name was a couple times and then my last name. What does she plan on doing a background check?

I think I'm going to avoid her from now on, she seems a little too "concerned" about nothing. People like that are always looking for something to piss about.

Lab

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2009
Indiana
e-cigdecals.weebly.com
i was at a friends house at the corner of his yard feeding fish in the pond.. then his neighbor came down and rudely asks if she could help us.. I told her she could bring me a lawn chair to use.. she got all ...... and called security on us.. they got ...... at her when they showed up and saw that we where not even in her yard..

MacArthurBug

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Yup, I've got one of those too. I love to BBQ and my "thinks he's cute" annoying neighbor feels it's necessary to (EVERY SINGLE FREAKING TIME) ask me "Hey what time's dinner ready?" does he think I'm inviting his creepy self over? I'd be nice about it, and even consider it if it weren't for the way he looks at my elder daughter. He also leaves religious pamphlets on my outside door knob every time I leave the house (I even lurked around the corner once to confirm it was him) I'm REALLY glad we're moving in August 'cause otherwise I'd end up hating this guy rather then just really really not liking him.

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
I don't have any problems with my neighbors except one to my immediate left. It's not even them. It's their dogs! They (2 of them) are constantly barking at the drop of a feather. They are outside all day and night. Even when the temps are in the 100's. I'm in my yard yesterday cleaning the pool and there is a 7 ft. block wall between us. These dogs are barking the whole time I'm out there. Even when they hear my garage door they start barking. I'm working on something in my garage and as soon as they hear anything they start barking. I'm debating on calling animal control. I don't want to have enemies for neighbors but this is getting rediculous.

Janetda

ECF Veteran
I've got a nosy neighbor. I blow glass in my garage turned into a home studio. It's like a bomb hit when Airgas delivers Oxygen. You'd think I'm the devil by the looks I get from my neighbors.

Yes, I make pipes. But c'mon, I'm not selling them to your kids. Until their 18. :lol:

Hey Shatner, I'm a Lampworker too! Mostly soft glass cuz I only have a Minor and I can't have the tanks in my garage. I'd love to see your work. Do you have pics posted anywhere?

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
Hey Shatner, I'm a Lampworker too! Mostly soft glass cuz I only have a Minor and I can't have the tanks in my garage. I'd love to see your work. Do you have pics posted anywhere?

I document most of my work on facebook. You can click the link in my sig and it'll take you right there.

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
I had a neighbor, whose dog would come running up to my yard, whenever I was outside and start barking at me. One day I had enough of the little blankety-blank, so I took a broom and chased it all the way back to it's house. That's the last I saw of that mutt !!

I have a neighbor, who is obsessed with everyone's property taxes. Every year he goes to the Town Hall and checks to see what our taxes are. Then he starts giving advice on what we should do to lower our taxes. I have an acre of land, mostly wooded and I like it that way. A couple of years ago he started telling me that I should clear all my land and sell the lots, or the town would force me to do it (bullshot). I got angry at him and now I just ignore him, I think he has gotten the message "mind your own business".

Last edited:

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
I don't have any problems with my neighbors except one to my immediate left. It's not even them. It's their dogs! They (2 of them) are constantly barking at the drop of a feather. They are outside all day and night. Even when the temps are in the 100's. I'm in my yard yesterday cleaning the pool and there is a 7 ft. block wall between us. These dogs are barking the whole time I'm out there. Even when they hear my garage door they start barking. I'm working on something in my garage and as soon as they hear anything they start barking. I'm debating on calling animal control. I don't want to have enemies for neighbors but this is getting rediculous.

Houdini, that got me to thinking, wouldn't it be nice if it were legal to throw a hand grenade over that wall, when those dogs started barking.

What can I say, I'm a cat lover !!! lol.

Onceupon

Mar 16, 2010
Bolton, England
  • Deleted by rolygate
  • Reason: Continual & repeated xenophobic comments
I had a neighbor, whose dog would come running up to my yard, whenever I was outside and start barking at me. One day I had enough of the little blankety-blank, so I took a broom and chased it all the way back to it's house. That's the last I saw of that mutt !!

I have a neighbor, who is obsessed with everyone's property taxes. Every year he goes to the Town Hall and checks to see what our taxes are. Then he starts giving advice on what we should do to lower our taxes. I have an acre of land, mostly wooded and I like it that way. A couple of years ago he started telling me that I should clear all my land and sell the lots, or the town would force me to do it (bullshot). I got angry at him and now I just ignore him, I think he has gotten the message "mind your own business".

WHOA!! not all Mutt's are bad:D

Paraflier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Pierce County, WA
You're all Americans. Why not just shoot one another.

I am not sure how it works over there, but in America you can't just shoot someone because you don't like them. Can you even own a handgun in the UK?

In WA state, you have to fear for your life, or well being. (Or your family, or guest) Or in response to a felony. (Like you are at the grocery store, and an armed robbery happens)

As much as neighbors might be irritating... We can't shoot them. Unless they arrive uninvited. With intent to harm.

AJMoore

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Here and back
Fences make for good neighbors. Here in rural western NC there isn't any noise ordinance, leash law or much else. Your neighbors can annoy the crap outta you (roosters all day and night, barking dogs either chained or loose and the cows, good lord the cows). Well, we moved to the country for the peace and quite, lack of traffic and almost zero crime. Two outta three ain't bad! Plus you can't stay angry, they are all so nice. Our biggest concern is to make sure our doors are locked (homes and cars) in July. We don't usually lock anything but during July the neighbors will fill your vechicle and homes with zucchini and squash if you're not careful.

karmatized

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
New York USA
www.happysmokes.com

Some 100mg nic soaked doggy treats would solve this problem. lols

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
Fences make for good neighbors. Here in rural western NC there isn't any noise ordinance, leash law or much else. Your neighbors can annoy the crap outta you (roosters all day and night, barking dogs either chained or loose and the cows, good lord the cows). Well, we moved to the country for the peace and quite, lack of traffic and almost zero crime. Two outta three ain't bad! Plus you can't stay angry, they are all so nice. Our biggest concern is to make sure our doors are locked (homes and cars) in July. We don't usually lock anything but during July the neighbors will fill your vechicle and homes with zucchini and squash if you're not careful.

Now that's a twist AJ !!! They break into your house and car to leave things, instead of taking things. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread