The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

MedicalXpress: FDA bans products that help kids hide vape use from parents

Discussion in 'Media and General News' started by LoveVanilla, Apr 29, 2020.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. LoveVanilla

LoveVanilla Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2013
    Texas
    FDA bans products that help kids hide vape use from parents

2. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Yes this is incredibly important, now more than ever, in these troubled times. Thank you FDA my new heroes.

BTW I am no fan of these products personally. They stifle and commercialize what should be good old fashioned teen ingenuity. What GOOD is a stealth product you don't come up with yourself? As a teen I had stealth options for most of what I desired, sheesh, come along children, use your dang MINDS.

Ideally teens would all be quiet little darlings except that is NOT true! Some of our best entrepreneurs and future leaders came up with these stunts.

Also, having competitions where children hack into voting systems online is contradictory too, should we be encouraging this behavior? I don't know but we do. I think ANYONE could hack into Florida's voting system, even me. Even doing it without detection but there was something here on it, recently.

Society, get yo selves TOGETHER. For the love of all that is holy.

Although I'm glad the FDA sent them letters .I know stealth is getting harder since surveillance has increased but REALLY teens TAKE a stab at it on your own don't just BUY something. It's cheating, like radar detection.

Okay sometimes you know radar detection works well but like, um, I never used one I used knowledge of my surroundings and where the cops hung out.

Tucson was a harsh learning curve because they'd be by the highway and you'd be like 'Cool cool doing the speed limit' and then you'd get a ticket for like, I kid you not, a cracked windshield. I was like, "Whut? How'd you see it? I can barely see it? That's a THING here? WHY? Like who CARES?" He also wanted me to exit the vehicle and go down this embankment to talk it over and I was like, "You have shown me your badge but I don' t know you and like, I don't feel ready to take a walk down my the river with you I will stay in my car thanks. I like it here fine." He got more and more agitated about people hitting my car and I was like "I know the drivers here suck but I would happy to exit and you can follow behind me to a nearby police station."

Ugh,. It just got so annoying I gave up. The next day at work someone saw me and there were all these "Flirting with police officers" accusations and I was like, "I GUESS not well ENOUGH. I got a ticket thank you!'"
    Anna

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    How on earth does the FDA think it has authority over the design of clothing or backpacks?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Blitzdonlife

Blitzdonlife Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    More importantly, why are they focusing on this topic right now? It's not like they don't have more valid worries they could be focusing on at the moment. Children are at home with their parents in most cases (or should be anyway), so detection 'should' be much easier than in pre-corona lockdown times (if parents are making the effort to do so). Is this one more example of the government stepping in to raise children, instead of relying on their family to do this?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    The FDA gets their Authority from the FSPTCA (Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Clothing Act).

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  6. WorksForMe

WorksForMe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 21, 2012
    N.N., Virginia
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Whelp I never got the coveted Marlboro Jacket. Now I know who to blame thank you FDA.

I was going to action it off, man.

Anna

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Rossum

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    From the article posted by WorksForMe in the post immediately above this one:
    LOL -- what will someone think of next?

I had imagined something with hiding places to make a Juul (or similar) device hard to find. I had not pictured something that was used to vape though. That said, if I were vaprwear, I'd try to make the case that these products should be classified as accessories, which do not fall under the deeming.

• Like Like x 2
  9. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    If I was vaprware, I would tell the FDA that we market our products for people looking to Get High on the down low. So Quit Harshing our Buzz.

• Funny Funny x 5
  10. Rossum

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    <Sound of Telephone Ringing, then being picked up>
    Hello, this is Uttam Dhillon, how can I help you?
    Hey Uttam this is Stephen over at FDA. Question for you: Is "paraphernalia" still a thing you can enforce against? I've got some wise guys claiming that their stuff is exclusively meant to be used with weed and never with nicotine. Can you help us out with that?

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I don't care what agency I was a part of, I would not be touching this suit with a 10 foot pole.

Some people just are what they are, and well, that's all there is too it and you should LEAVE them to it, especially when you couple "Drinking ,vaping, concerts and safe sex and being able to go to the bathroom."

The picture that leaves in my mind given certain, ah entertainment venues I have attended in my youth just makes me want to.... wilt.

Anna