Menthol Drops Recipe for Menthol Lovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grneyes908

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2009
Perkinston, Mississippi
Thanks for the recipe. I always smoked Kools and to be honest I didn't like the menthol we first got. ( i have only been dong this for about a week now). But then I ordered the Nuport from Nhaler and I loved it. 555 menthol was to light for me and I feel like I am vaping all day long and not getting anything.

I am looking forward to trying the crystals. Making the crystals up are they pretty similar to the drops that are out there?

grumpster

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Texas USA
I am looking forward to trying the crystals. Making the crystals up are they pretty similar to the drops that are out there?
If you make them to the correct ratio of alcohol/crystals, you'll have EXACTLY the same thing as the drops, at a fraction of the price.

BTW, most of the so called menthol juice is just mint. I've tried many of them and most are little more than vaping a dinner mint. Mint and menthol are two entirelly different things. With menthol drops you can make it as strong or weak as you'd like.

I can't remember who it was, but some one here tried vaping pure menthol drops by it's self. From what I heard, it took her a while to recover. 8-o I wouldn't recommend trying it.

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
I got the 4oz at the same place. It will be a lonnnnnnng time before you run out.
High quality needle crystals too. The purest form.

They dissolve easily in alcohol, PG or VG. Not well at all in water. Almost insoluble.
There are some good methods in here, very simple.
Its just a matter of finding the mix that suits your taste.
I always liked grumpsters idea of 1 drop per ml. Make it easy or 2 drops per ml of e liquid you are making. Just record how much you use to make it what you added up or took away by diluting and keep track so you can reliably repeat it.

Yes, most of the menthols are just poorly refined mint extracts. Mint is 75% menthol, but if you want the pure menthol taste, crystals are the way to go and much cheaper.

I heard reports of unusual tornado sitings after that pure menthol vape that occured just from breathing...:lol:

Grneyes908

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2009
Perkinston, Mississippi
I just got my crystals in and made a batch . ( I couldn't wait -- I was like a kid in a candy store.) And I have to say WOW !!! Very menthol and I love it. I mixed it with the 555 and got a nutty taste and no vapor. And idea on why I lost the vapor on it? My next experiment is going to be mixing it with the Hilton. I am making these in small batches (3ml), so it wont be long !

grumpster

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Texas USA
Oh my...and I already HAVE menthol crystals (food grade)...about two POUNDS worth (I make my own lip balms, salves, ointments, etc, in case one might wonder why I have so much of it).

:D
My goodness, It sounds like your into some really good stuff! Where did you get all those recipes? I've always wanted to get into making more things like that, but never could find a good source of information for stuff like that. Is there a good web site?

Don't tell me that you make your own butter and soap as well? :p

HippyGirl

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Alabama
My goodness, It sounds like your into some really good stuff! Where did you get all those recipes? I've always wanted to get into making more things like that, but never could find a good source of information for stuff like that. Is there a good web site?

Don't tell me that you make your own butter and soap as well? :p

Actually, I do (soap, not butter...but only because I don't have a cow).

I'll PM you in a few minutes...

HG

sparkomatic

Feb 19, 2009
I've been using this mix for a while now (bought menthol crystals off eBay), and it tastes wonderful but singers beware... It really started killing my higher register. I didn't know what was up for several problematic gigs but finally found a vocal tips website that says menthol dries out the vocals and should be avoided. I'm off the methol juice now and my voice is starting to come back. Maybe I'll use just a drop or two with another flavor for a while!

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
Vocalists have used lemon water for years to keep throats clear for note purity.
Most will add a bit of glyeriine to keep tthe throat moist. It has a sweet taste to boot too. Sprays seem the most used. The ratio , I can't help with.
I know its mostly lemon, with glycerine added till the throat feels lightly more moistened or a bit slick. It seems to be a personal preference.
It soaks in keeping the tissue moist.

You might google a recipie.

sparkomatic

Feb 19, 2009
Hahaha! I must be lurking on this forum for way too long. My first thought was that the lemon and glycerine was going to be a vape mix... After some google searches I see that it's ingested via spoon or a spray. I'm gonna give it a try this week.

Heck, maybe this is an opportunity to make a DIY liquid for vocalists - I'll give you all the credit, Vaporer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread