Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
I like using the Crystals:

http://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-e-li...d-additives/menthol-crystals-select-size.html

Here's the directions:

Menthol crystals. Use sparingly as these menthol crystals are very strong. A little goes a long way! You may also make your own menthol drops by placing a few grams of crystals into an alcohol base such as ethanol (vodka).

TIP: To dissolve, fill a container half way with VG or PG, then the other half with menthol crystals. Shake until dissolved. Heating the VG or PG first will speed up the process. Try starting out at 5% in your recipe of that solution that you made.

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
I don't think it's that bad. It is similar to acetyl pyrazine in the fact that it should be cut to become more manageable.

Its that strong, oh yes, it is.

I have tested it many times with both mint and menthol they both take over the whole mix after a sit.. I was hoping koolada was not as strong as menthol/mint --bummer -- I have had so much menthol my lips peel and that was only 10 drops; when I 1st started diy I dropped it to 5 drops and made the way to one drop per 10-30ml.. Comes out perfect and no 3rd day holy cow this menthol is strong lol..

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
I started out with Wizard Labs menthol which is 10% solution. TFA is 66% solution for those of you wondering, so I cut TFA to 10% but I've yet to taste test the two side by side. At a 10% solution, I usually add 2-3%. At the 66% solution, man its just way too strong for me.
If your a guy fist bump..
If your a lady I send ya a virtual chocolate they say theres no difference between chocolate and love
Man o man even at 1 drop it gets unvapeable after a steep --if I vape it in a week or so its fine but let it sit a month or two or more and its garbage..

I think I will cut mint as well. With using one drop I thought it was okey dory now cut cut cut .02% of mix :2cool:.

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
If your a guy fist bump..
If your a lady I send ya a virtual chocolate they say theres no difference between chocolate and love
Man o man even at 1 drop it gets unvapeable after a steep --if I vape it in a week or so its fine but let it sit a month or two or more and its garbage..

I think I will cut mint as well. With using one drop I thought it was okey dory now cut cut cut .02% of mix :2cool:.

You can't tell if I'm a girl or guy.. must be the hair? *fist bump*

Yeah the 66% solution is ridiculous. First time I got it, I was under the impression it was the same as WL. Filled up the syringe, put it in my recipe at 3%, and then had to toss the syringe and the bottle. I cut pretty much anything that gets overbearing, but I do so in a fashion which I can reproduce next time around for consistency's sake. Alot of people say this flavor or that flavor is too much to work with, but that for me means an opportunity. If you cut it by 50% with PG and use it at .5%, it may work. If it does work, you just basically discovered a flavor thats permanently half priced :D

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I use the crystals like so many others but I mix mine 50/50 menthol crystals and Everclear. I have some mint flavored juices and I will fill up a atomizer and add 1 drop of Koolada and 2-3 drops of my crystal/Everclear to it and I find this very satisfying. I was a menthol smoker and still enjoy it from time to time. Of course I add this to other flavors too. Good luck to you. Let us know what you come up with. I love trying new things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread