Merged old Janty Stick sticky threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyrixx

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
Dillsburg, PA
Excellent point tmbrown,
I too have gone through several issues in my first week of vaping with this little gizmo. I will say this, between my JS and the generic auto-battery i have, the taste, vapor and throat hits are ALL DIFFERENT... primarily because of the auto vs. manual switch AND battery power.

I've found some inconsistencies with both HOW MUCH liquid i have in my fresh carts and also HOW FAST I vape.

Someone previousely (and in another thread entirely) pointed out that the JS didn't do an effective job as utilizing the entire cart... I disagree NOW that I've had a chance to figure things out a bit more...

First off, if you CHAIN-VAPE / VAPE LIKE A FIEND AS FAST AS YOU CAN.... you WILL exhaust all the juice in the front of the cart, leaving you with almost NO flavor, vapor or TH at all..

Your options are then:

A - Change to a new cart.
B - Pretend you're enjoying your plastic / fiber(ish) vapor your inhaling.
C - The method I've come to enjoy which is....

Do a quick "Power-Suck" with your cheeks BEFORE you hit the button and THEN take a "normal / timely" drag of vapor...

In doing this, you're "squishing / compressing" the cart packing, effectively squeezing the still-saturated part of the cart into the dry part near the atty...

This, I've found, is also a good method for finishing a vape (before storing your PV) as it allows the remaining saturated parts to better equilibrate with the rest of the cart filling by the time you get around to your next vaping session.

Just my 2 cents..

Last edited:

fronter

Feb 24, 2009
:mad:
Well mine doesn't work out of the box..

and yes.. atomizer is properly screwed.

The light from the leds goes on but atomizer doesn't heat a sh*t, so i' don't know if the problem is tha atomizer (i haven't a spare one) or the stick itself.

I'm still waiting a JantyShop aftersales dept. answer about what to do.

Meanwhile i have order another atomizer to try and discard this as a problem ..

damm luck :mad:

gpdo24

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
New York, New York
Ordered some 201 atty's and blank carts to use w/ my new jsv2 and see now in a lost thread somewhere that these atty's do not work with the v2??

If i wish to try these with the v2 will i be risking any damage to the unit itself?
Sry for posting in this thread i am still enjoying the Js w supplied atomizers
thx,
Mike

Last edited:

YKruss

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
Springfield, VA
Ordered some 201 atty's and blank carts to use w/ my new jsv2 and see now in a lost thread somewhere that these atty's do not work with the v2??

If i wish to try these with the v2 will i be risking any damage to the unit itself?

Don't worry, 201 attys works for both stick versions.

Check these two threads:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/jantyusa/24838-stick-m201-atomizer-wow.html
and
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...esting-observation-janty-stick-m201-atty.html

gpdo24

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
New York, New York
ty, vapsters....Now i only need find the package from china. USPS says i signed for it yesterday..:mad: News to me! Lol..Hope super signed for it for me.
Mike
Cool...they are here....5 days from china, quite remarkable, and they sent 10 xtra carts. Absolutleyecigs.com.

screwed the 201 into js v2 firmly.Tight draw no indication of activation and no vape....I'll keep trying and did order some 201 batts because the atomizer mesh does look like a monster!

Last edited:

gyrixx

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
Dillsburg, PA
Just started happening to my cart today... Dark brown gunk pooling at base of cart where atty makes contact...

Attachments

• Capture15_12_46.jpg
    Capture15_12_46.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 53

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
I'm on my second V1 with a dead switch.

Has the switch problem been fixed? If your still using the same switch in V2 I don't see it lasting either.

As far as I can tell (time will be the real test) the switch has been fixed. It does not "click" like the old switch - and this in itself might make it more durable. We'll see.

Otherwise I'm very happy with mine so far.:)

tmbrown327

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
RI
Just started happening to my cart today... Dark brown gunk pooling at base of cart where atty makes contact...

I think that's normal for dark (even lightly colored) liquids. If you drop a couple of new drops on it, it will dissipate back into solution. I think the colors (whatever makes the color in the liquid) concentrates due to a differential in what can and cannot be vaporized and how quickly. I ignore it and it hasn't affected my experience.

gyrixx

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
Dillsburg, PA
Ok, so I can ignore the pooling etc, but here's what I found...

The "pooling" cart / atty combo takes nearly 2 seconds of "preheat" before vapor production anymore.

The new atty / cart combo I just tried hit right away with the vapor...

Hmmm...

I'm now wondering if (in my newbie(ness), I've partially baked 3 attys now (including the "oem" janty atty)...

Anyone else notice awesome performance (vapor / flavor) for the first few hours and then a progressively harder times achieving similar vaping performance as original?

tmbrown327

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
RI
Ok, so I can ignore the pooling etc, but here's what I found...

The "pooling" cart / atty combo takes nearly 2 seconds of "preheat" before vapor production anymore.

The new atty / cart combo I just tried hit right away with the vapor...

Hmmm...

I'm now wondering if (in my newbie(ness), I've partially baked 3 attys now (including the "oem" janty atty)...

Anyone else notice awesome performance (vapor / flavor) for the first few hours and then a progressively harder times achieving similar vaping performance as original?

The way you worded that makes me think you're doing something unusual. Can you describe how you're vaping (like, how often you refill your cart, or change to a new filled cart, how much liquid you use to refill the cart, if you do, what kind of liquid you're using, that sort of stuff)? How often do you have to change your atty?

gyrixx

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
Dillsburg, PA
tmbrown,

well, since today marks my 10th official day of vaping...

To start, I used the Janty atty to start my new hobby off (light draw b/c of larger holes in the bottom)... I tried one of the sample RY4 carts that came with the unit (5) for about an hour. Then I filled all my other carts (empty ones) with the Heavy Cigar/Shag high nic Janty Juice... I began to question the TH I first noticed because it tasted quite bad (so I assumed that that was break-in period / solder on the atty itself)... From there-on-out I suppose I vaped like crazy... I mean constantly for hours on end... 5 seconds between vapes etc for 1/2 hour then 1/2 hour break etc... all day long...
Soon I found that the initial vaping (5 min) left me with almost no vapor... so I learn the hard-suck and then drag method as I described above (after pulling out the filler material only to discover that the very tip of the cart filler was the only dry portion)...

That being said, I'm not sure if I've established much of a technique for this at all, but what I do know is that I've finally exhausted my 15 cart stash after 10 days and 1-1/2 bottles of Janty's HVY Cigar/SHG mixtures...

This morning I actually (on my way to client meetings) stopped BACK home to rinse out 2 of my carts very thoroughly (pulled out the filler, rinsed, squeezed, repeated) and then dried them, snipped the "tops" flat and filled the cart back up with a tooth-pick holding the filler away from one side ever-so-lightly (to allow the fluid to wick down into the filling better). (I found the straw mod didn't do much for the JS as it's already a monster vaping machine in my opinion & from everyone else's opinions in here too)...

I then blotted my atty out gently with a McDonald’s napkin or 2 before inserting one of the fresh carts back in and I noticed that each time I removed the napkin it was dark on the end... Hmmm....

Only then (and after I began vaping a fresh cart) did I start to wonder why I had to puff puff puff draw to get any decent vapor... So I looked at my filler, took a picture, posted it, put the 2nd new cart / atty into the chamber of the JS instead and WHAMMoooo instant vapor...

So at this point I guess that either A - I'm really baking my atty's or need to somehow clean them (dish-washer?) (I've read about a dozen strange theories in these forums so far but the hot water / soap of the dish-washer makes the most empirical sense to me).
or B - I really did have bad luck with now 3 Attys (1 JS "original" and 2 BE-112's).

Who knows, but so far this last cart (2nd fresh one from this morning) and BE-112 Atty combo are still going strong for me... (Although I am shying away from red-lining my JS now out of sheer paranoia.

Kevin

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2009
SW Ohio
As far as I can tell (time will be the real test) the switch has been fixed. It does not "click" like the old switch - and this in itself might make it more durable. We'll see.

Otherwise I'm very happy with mine so far.:)

Thanks pipeman. The leaks I can control somewhat, but when the switch goes dead it's kind of irritating. I hope the switch is fixed.

Silver

ɹǝʌןıs
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2008
New Zealand
tmbrown,

well, since today marks my 10th official day of vaping...

To start, I used the Janty atty to start my new hobby off (light draw b/c of larger holes in the bottom)... I tried one of the sample RY4 carts that came with the unit (5) for about an hour. Then I filled all my other carts (empty ones) with the Heavy Cigar/Shag high nic Janty Juice... I began to question the TH I first noticed because it tasted quite bad (so I assumed that that was break-in period / solder on the atty itself)... From there-on-out I suppose I vaped like crazy... I mean constantly for hours on end... 5 seconds between vapes etc for 1/2 hour then 1/2 hour break etc... all day long...
Soon I found that the initial vaping (5 min) left me with almost no vapor... so I learn the hard-suck and then drag method as I described above (after pulling out the filler material only to discover that the very tip of the cart filler was the only dry portion)...

That being said, I'm not sure if I've established much of a technique for this at all, but what I do know is that I've finally exhausted my 15 cart stash after 10 days and 1-1/2 bottles of Janty's HVY Cigar/SHG mixtures...

This morning I actually (on my way to client meetings) stopped BACK home to rinse out 2 of my carts very thoroughly (pulled out the filler, rinsed, squeezed, repeated) and then dried them, snipped the "tops" flat and filled the cart back up with a tooth-pick holding the filler away from one side ever-so-lightly (to allow the fluid to wick down into the filling better). (I found the straw mod didn't do much for the JS as it's already a monster vaping machine in my opinion & from everyone else's opinions in here too)...

I then blotted my atty out gently with a McDonald’s napkin or 2 before inserting one of the fresh carts back in and I noticed that each time I removed the napkin it was dark on the end... Hmmm....

Only then (and after I began vaping a fresh cart) did I start to wonder why I had to puff puff puff draw to get any decent vapor... So I looked at my filler, took a picture, posted it, put the 2nd new cart / atty into the chamber of the JS instead and WHAMMoooo instant vapor...

So at this point I guess that either A - I'm really baking my atty's or need to somehow clean them (dish-washer?) (I've read about a dozen strange theories in these forums so far but the hot water / soap of the dish-washer makes the most empirical sense to me).
or B - I really did have bad luck with now 3 Attys (1 JS "original" and 2 BE-112's).

Who knows, but so far this last cart (2nd fresh one from this morning) and BE-112 Atty combo are still going strong for me... (Although I am shying away from red-lining my JS now out of sheer paranoia.

Hi Gyrixx,

From what you wrote it seems to me that perhaps your atomizer may be over-saturated. I've found that when my carts (801) turn dark in colour, it usually means that the atomizer is too wet and I need to 'dry-vape' (using only the mouthpiece, without the cart) for a while to get it going well again. The fact that the napkin was coloured dark when you removed it confirms this for me.

This was a problem I had a lot when I first started vaping 16 months ago. I couldn't understand why my attys would stop performing well after a while. When I realised what the problem was, I started regularly drying them out by inserting the rolled up napkin and blowing on the battery end (which helps expell excess liquid) until the napkin wasn't wet anymore when it came out, and by 'dry-vaping' (as explained earlier). In this manner I was able to bring back quite a few attys that I thought were shot.

A good practice (IMO) is to always remove the cart at the end of the vaping day, and leave the atomizer upside down (battery end up) on a napkin (not inserted, just resting on the napkin), to drain out any excess liquid overnight. I also use the dry vaping method before inserting a new cart to make sure the atty is not too wet.

The atty being too wet is more of an issue as time goes by and the chamber within is filled/saturated, rather than when an atty is new. I have noticed however, that sometimes attys are quite wet from the liquid (primer) used to test them, so I try to make sure they're not too wet when I use them the first time.

Having said all that, it is also important not to vape an atty too dry either, since this may cause it to burn out and kill it.

I know, I know, it seems a bit complicated to find the right balance :(, but experience will teach you over time to find it.

I hope that helps, good luck !

Cheers,
Silver

tmbrown327

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
RI
I agree with Silver and I use the same method as part of a 'routine' to restore performance to an atty that has gone south on me. Vape it dry, or very nearly so, then add a drop or two to see if it worked. Repeat as necessary. I also do a 'dry burn' on attys that are a few weeks old, to burn off accumulated coating. There's really a lot of experimentation necessary to keep these things running consistently over time, but I keep saying it's better than going back to analogs...

gyrixx

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
Dillsburg, PA
All good info guys, thanks.
I've actually tried that "dry-vaping" once before and got a lot more vapor (but little flavor which, in turn, makes complete sense).
Since I last swapped out my old atty to my fresh one today it JUST started taking that extra second or 2 of button press before draw to get good vapor.

I'm trying to resist the urge to just pop in another fresh atty as soon (2 weeks from now) I'll have 5 partially gunked attys and no fresh ones any more :).

tmbrown327

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
RI
That dry burn thing has worked really well for me. If an atty is wimpy, and dry vaping and restarting didn't do the trick, I do this. Once it's dry of juice, or nearly so, remove the cart and push the button watching the bridge/coil in the atty. It'll glow (or should). Let it do that for 3 or 4 seconds. Let off the button and let it cool to room temp. Repeat 3 or 4 times, then give it another shot. Might take more or less times, more or less time on the button, but you get the idea. It'll eventually burn off the gunk. Use at your own risk, but if you're just gonna toss the wimpy atty in a draw anyway, you don't have much to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread