Status
Not open for further replies.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I found the QF coils to be very weak on flavor. I installed an NRG coil and was very happy. I find the Skrr to be a bigger version of the NRG and at 8ml a very nice addition to my line up. If you take the the gold bullet out of the QF coils they produce slightly better flavor but the hole it leaves in the center of the coil is way to big, way to airy. I have 4 Skrrs now and use only the NRG Mesh coils in them. QF coils in the backup box. The Skrr flies well, no leaks will climbing to cruising altitude provide you invert it during the climb.

The Luxe is far more impressive than the Skrr, nice hefty feel, lets you turn the clock off completely, much better control of screen display time out down to 5 seconds.. Like the NRG it's a fingerprint magnet but wipes down easily. No delay on firing, solid fire button works no matter where you trigger it. Menu easy to navigate, although the manual could have had better details on the menu. Very stable when sitting on the table with a big tank like the Skrr or Mesh Pro sitting on top. The Luxe is right up there with my Legends for form and feel. I've since ordered a second Luxe.

Keep updating us
I definitely haven't been vaping on it long enough to know if the flavor will last (that was my problem with the Freemax mesh coil) but I was surprised that the flavor I got was as good as it is, considering the early reviews (and now yours). I have my ADV Buttery Nuts Vapewild juice in it (max VG) and it's only sightly muted when compared to the NRG tank with the same flavor in it. According to the Vaporesso, the mesh coil will have the best flavor but i still haven't found a mesh coil that compares to the ceramic for me. Definitely won't keep me from trying, though! I just can't seem to resist innovation, especially when I know I can fall back on something I already know works for me. I have a stockpile of NRG coils, both mesh and ceramic, and having an 8 ml tank that runs them was something I just had to have. I had a separate SKRR tank on preorder but cancelled that order when I read the bad reviews. I wanted to make sure I was going to like it before I bought more of them. It's a little weird getting used to unscrewing the drip tip to fill the tank but I'm sure I will have a procedure for that soon. :D

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
why is it called mesh when it looks more like a screen??
I thought it was weird when I first read about mesh coils, too! It's not like screen mesh but the cutouts in the metal resemble mesh, apparently. Makes for better juice absorption onto the cotton.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I definitely haven't been vaping on it long enough to know if the flavor will last (that was my problem with the Freemax mesh coil) but I was surprised that the flavor I got was as good as it is, considering the early reviews (and now yours). I have my ADV Buttery Nuts Vapewild juice in it (max VG) and it's only sightly muted when compared to the NRG tank with the same flavor in it. According to the Vaporesso, the mesh coil will have the best flavor but i still haven't found a mesh coil that compares to the ceramic for me. Definitely won't keep me from trying, though! I just can't seem to resist innovation, especially when I know I can fall back on something I already know works for me. I have a stockpile of NRG coils, both mesh and ceramic, and having an 8 ml tank that runs them was something I just had to have. I had a separate SKRR tank on preorder but cancelled that order when I read the bad reviews. I wanted to make sure I was going to like it before I bought more of them. It's a little weird getting used to unscrewing the drip tip to fill the tank but I'm sure I will have a procedure for that soon. :D
Vape Wild juice explains a bit of why you are getting flavor, their juice is heavy on flavor. People who recently quit smoking and have not revived their taste buds yet gravitate to juice that is strongly flavored.

You can replace the Skrr's screw in drip tip with any of you other 810 drip tips so you don't have to unscrew it to fill your tank. I wasn't a fan at first but it is a great feature for keeping the tank closed in your pocket.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Vape Wild juice explains a bit of why you are getting flavor, their juice is heavy on flavor. People who recently quit smoking and have not revived their taste buds yet gravitate to juice that is strongly flavored.

You can replace the Skrr's screw in drip tip with any of you other 810 drip tips so you don't have to unscrew it to fill your tank. I wasn't a fan at first but it is a great feature for keeping the tank closed in your pocket.

Yeah I have always loved strong flavor. I was so bummed when we couldn't get flavor boosts anymore. :( I used to vape their Peanut Butter Bananza with an extra shot but they discontinued it so I switched to Buttery Nuts for my main vape but I carry at least 3 different flavors with me daily and have more on hand at home. Flavor ADD, lol. I know my sweeter juices tend to burn through coils more quickly, which is why I think I gravitate to the ceramic coils more. This QF strip coil is giving me excellent flavor so far, though. I don't know if it's actually a "mesh" coil because the holes are round, not square, but I guess it's mesh-like? Between it and the U-Force U2 coil on the Drag 2, the Vaporesso has truer flavor. The U2 coil is definitely more sugary. I hope the flavor lasts in the QF.

Reactions: Letitia

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Yeah I have always loved strong flavor. I was so bummed when we couldn't get flavor boosts anymore. :( I used to vape their Peanut Butter Bananza with an extra shot but they discontinued it so I switched to Buttery Nuts for my main vape but I carry at least 3 different flavors with me daily and have more on hand at home. Flavor ADD, lol. I know my sweeter juices tend to burn through coils more quickly, which is why I think I gravitate to the ceramic coils more. This QF strip coil is giving me excellent flavor so far, though. I don't know if it's actually a "mesh" coil because the holes are round, not square, but I guess it's mesh-like? Between it and the U-Force U2 coil on the Drag 2, the Vaporesso has truer flavor. The U2 coil is definitely more sugary. I hope the flavor lasts in the QF.
Oh and I did wonder about just putting a different tip on the SKRR but, like you, I am kind of drawn to the fact that my tip won't dislodge from the tank while out and about, and there's no worry about the top sliding open accidentally and creating a mess. We'll see how easy it is to load juice at a stoplight, though. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread