Mesh coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

okstalmn.94

Feb 20, 2018
Hello everyone,
It seems that the recent trend is to use mesh style coils.
I am fairly new to vaping (about three months now), and I am curious about using mesh coils.
Apparently, mesh coils provide better, quicker heat, better taste, better vapor, etc.
I do not vape for cloud production, I vape for the flavor.
What are your experiences and thoughts around mesh coils?
I currently use a Kanger Top tank Mini setup, and I have the understanding that this mod would not support the use of mesh coils as it would not have enough power. And, there are no current coils available that would fit a Kanger Top tank. So, would I be looking at buying a larger mod that would support the use of mesh coils? If so, what do you recommend? Would anything that uses one 18650 battery be powerful enough, or would I be looking at a mod that uses two 18650 batteries?

Thanks

Reactions: stols001

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Is something lacking in vape quality with the set up you're currently using?
Which of the kangar replaceable heads for your top tank have you tried?

There is always something being touted as the latest greatest new & improved, it is a way to drive sales.
Most often you'll end up with a bunch crap you don't use & wonder why you bought.

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
There is always something being touted as the latest greatest new & improved, it is a way to drive sales.
Most often you'll end up with a bunch crap you don't use & wonder why you bought.

I agree with this, one of the bigger pitfalls in vaping is there is always some new device or coil that is touted as the next big thing and 5 billion times better than whatever you are currently using. Often times this is not true and is just a marketing strategy. If you like what you have just stick with it, it'll save you allot of money on failed experiments.

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
I have a freemax fireluke mesh, in my opinion it is the best tank I've ever owned. Flavor and vapor are top notch. The coils are rated between 40-90 watts, so yes you would need a dual battery mod. I vape mine at 50 watts, I like a cool vape, you may like it higher or lower. In my opinion the mesh tanks live up to the hype. As a side note I have so far ran 150 ml's through the original coil and it's still going strong.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
I have the firelux. It’s okay. Tiny though. Doesn’t hold a lot of liquid, so it needs a lot of refills.
Currently you can get a 5ml expansion tank for the Fireluke Mesh. I have a 10ml expansion tank from Inked Atty

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
but unless there is a mesh MTL coil I am unaware of
The thing with mesh is you need an enormous piece of it to reach usable resistances, and that's not really conducive to the kind of tight restrictive airflow needed for a MTL vape. All the mesh coils I've used (all two of 'em) are low-low-low, .15 or .2 ohms, and give a huge, dense, flavorful DL vape at 75-80w.

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Owasso, OK, USA
the issue i have with mesh coils is that it cooks my preferred juices. its great for the straight forward flavor profiles, but the more subtle and nuanced flavors get lost. its similar to og gennies, they were great for simple flavor profiles like big fruits and tobaccos, but subtle things like complex tobaccos and multi flavor custards got lost.

Upinsmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2017
Suffolk UK
Now that I have finally got the hang of TC I've found my Vandy Vape mesh RDA to be about as easy to use as anything with factory coils.
I use fairly gunky juices so changing the wick on mesh is real quick compared to regular coils.
I will probably get a mesh RTDA next.
Flavour wise you either like it or you don't.
Works for me. Some say it lacks something.
I've been using mesh most of this year now as my main device.
TC really moved things up a notch for me.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree with this, one of the bigger pitfalls in vaping is there is always some new device or coil that is touted as the next big thing and 5 billion times better than whatever you are currently using. Often times this is not true and is just a marketing strategy. If you like what you have just stick with it, it'll save you allot of money on failed experiments.
I agree with both of you.

I've been using the original Uwell Crown tank for 2 - 3 years. I love everything about it, especially the coils. In the last two +years Uwell has come out with the Crown II (totally sucked), Uwell III (mixed reviews) and Valarian (mixed reviews). I didn't bother buying those, because I was so happy with the original. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Geek Vape recently sent me their new Aero Mesh sub ohm tank to review. I've been using it the last couple of days, experimenting with different wattages for their mesh coils. I love everything about the tank itself, but I'm reserving comments about their coils until I've given them a fair shot because this is my first experience with mesh coils. So far, the flavor and vapor production doesn't stack up to the performance of the Crown's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread