Mesh Dimensions for Griffin DID clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
Yep! You might have to do some occasional tweaking as you change voltage and juice and things go through phases of build up and burn off etc, but it's entirely possible that same wick and coil, especially the wick, could be working just as well in 2 months as it is today...if you can resist the urge to try out a different mesh, or wire, or wrapping technique, or... ;)

Unless you are having issues with it, it is best to leave SS builds alone as much as possible- they are inherently fragile and sensitive systems, and some people even recommend not re-wrapping a used SS wick with a new coil, and they say to use a whole new piece of mesh every time you rebuild (I re-wrap mine, but ymmv).

icucme2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2012
Costa Mesa, ca
Yeah i plan to be cery careful pulling the cap off and on refills. This is hitting very nice. Im finally seeing more vapor outta this than my carto tanks.. Ima have a tough one when i get my glass tank from ibtanked. Im going to have to take it apart..

Question... I have the did clone. Do u guys leave the fill screw out?? Or vape w it on??

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
Yep! You might have to do some occasional tweaking as you change voltage and juice and things go through phases of build up and burn off etc, but it's entirely possible that same wick and coil, especially the wick, could be working just as well in 2 months as it is today...if you can resist the urge to try out a different mesh, or wire, or wrapping technique, or... ;)
I met a dude and his girlfriend at VaperCon who was telling me about her GTank. She has been using the same wick and coil in the GTank for 8 months. He said that he lucked out and it just worked so well that he didn't want to wrap another one until absolutely necessary. So if a wick and coil can still be running strong after 8 months who knows how long you may be able to get out of one!

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
Yeah i plan to be cery careful pulling the cap off and on refills. This is hitting very nice. Im finally seeing more vapor outta this than my carto tanks.. Ima have a tough one when i get my glass tank from ibtanked. Im going to have to take it apart..

Question... I have the did clone. Do u guys leave the fill screw out?? Or vape w it on??

I leave it out and it doesn't really leak very much. If you keep it in, it might start creating wicking issues- which happened on both of my DUD's (but not on the AGA that I've been testing...)

icucme2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2012
Costa Mesa, ca
I leave it out and it doesn't really leak very much. If you keep it in, it might start creating wicking issues- which happened on both of my DUD's (but not on the AGA that I've been testing...)

Ur right. I was having wicking issues. I left the nut out and now its wicking just fine. Just gotta remember to put the nut in the chid box when i get home. Tiny lil things..

LucidAce

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
right about here, USA
This chid is hitting nice. Cant wait till its "seasoned" like ive been hearing people say about the wick and coil when it breaks in.. Cool

That's awesome, man. I'm glad it's working well for you. Mine is essentially a "home team" device so I leave the fill screw out and just make sure it's vertical when I'm not using it. I've heard of people making a small "plug" out of rolled up unoxidized mesh. I've never tried it myself but those who do that claim that it's solid enough to keep the e-liquid in and porous enough to let air pass through. It wouldn't take a very large piece to give it a shot so you could always try it out if your DuD is on your vaping "away team" :)

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
That's awesome, man. I'm glad it's working well for you. Mine is essentially a "home team" device so I leave the fill screw out and just make sure it's vertical when I'm not using it. I've heard of people making a small "plug" out of rolled up unoxidized mesh. I've never tried it myself but those who do that claim that it's solid enough to keep the e-liquid in and porous enough to let air pass through. It wouldn't take a very large piece to give it a shot so you could always try it out if your DuD is on your vaping "away team" :)

I end up spending a good chunk of my work day in the car, and there are these two small holes in my cup-holders where I can securely drop my PV vertically (kind of like a PV-styled cup holder, lol). Before I figured out that trick, juice used to leak into the top- very slowly- and I would need to chain-vape to "remove" it. ;)

LucidAce

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
right about here, USA
Just to clarify, I should be able to fit a 70mm wick into the wick hole on an average DID clone? I got mine from MOV and I'm having a hell of a time fitting it. Is it a matter of me not wrapping tight enough or are people drilling out the wick hole as mentioned above?

70mm has definitely been done on the Griffin/VH Genesis/MOV RAT/DuD/ChiD/etc without modification. I have about a 60-65mm wick in mine right now.

EDIT: Here's a video of a guy rolling a solid wick. Also, after watching the video, go back and read that thread. Well worth the time. Easily the single best genesis thread I've ever read.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread