Mesh for Profile RDAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
I recently got a Profile and a Profile 1.5, now I'm testing out different types of mesh. Since the selection locally (Norway) is quite limited, I'm gonna order some off fasttech, but would like to know something since shipping takes so long.

How do the different grades work - what do they signify? And which should I buy?

I'll be buying both Kanthal (or Ni80) and SS, as I want to try out temp contol.

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
No replies?, My view and preferences are Kanthal or SS316. The Profie 1.5 will accept the wider mesh strip while original 1.0 takes only the narrow 16mm mesh and I also prefer the more open coarse mesh, the finer mesh seems to cake up faster but that can vary with the type of juice used. I tried temp control for quite a long time but gave up due to a heat fade after 10-15 mils of juice...I think cake buildup on the mesh does affect the temp reading, I use watts only or joules using my YIHI Topside mod ...wish all my mods had the YIHI board. With cleaning and rewick (Rayon) i can get 10+ cycles with my mesh coil. When cleaning do a short dry burn and look for any hot spots which indicate coil fail or carbon deposit which can sometimes be brush away...I use hot water and a smail pipe stem brush and always make sure the mesh holds it's shape. Wicking is a learning curve, not loose and not over tight. Enjoy...mesh is King.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
I don't own the profile but I have used the profiles mesh to other mesh attys and it's great....I dont use temp control tho...
Since as u say in Norway there is limited selection for mesh if u wanna stock up on mesh u could get a mesh spool by vandy vape if u want to keep the cost down and be sure to have lots of mesh for future...you have to cut it to the size u want tho..

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
I was able to find spools of Vandy Vape mesh locally, but they only had SS316L, grade 150 and 200. I grabbed the 150 one as I was told higher grades are more appropriate for wicking than as a heating element. I assume I need to be careful when dry burning this as with regular SS316L coils?

I'm going to order a bunch of mesh from Fasttech since there is so little selection locally, get some different grades and different materials.

Reactions: pt91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread