Mesh RDAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiggy

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
Irwin, Pennsylvania
Can anyone give me a rundown of the differences between the original and the 1.5, and which one to go for? From what I can tell the main difference is the size of the mesh, is that all?

I can not speak to the original since I only have the 1.5's. But I think the only real difference between the two is the spring wick pressure plate. On the original it is smooth and on the 1.5 it's got grooves for liquid to travel in. As for mesh size I think they are both identical, 17*8.5 mm.

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
I can not speak to the original since I only have the 1.5's. But I think the only real difference between the two is the spring wick pressure plate. On the original it is smooth and on the 1.5 it's got grooves for liquid to travel in. As for mesh size I think they are both identical, 17*8.5 mm.

I'm pretty sure you can use the mesh for the original in the 1.5, but not vice versa. I believe the mesh in the original is 16x6.5 mm. From what I understand there are also differences in the airflow.

I'm currently hovering over the 'buy' button on the original, since it has been harder to find and I finally tracked one down. Only question now is whether to get the Wotofo mesh or the ORFR Nexmesh.

Any thoughts?

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Have no idea about the Profile 1.5 @ducasse. But I do have 10 original Profile Mesh rda's and 6 of their Profile Unity Mesh RTA's. I used both the Wotofo KA1 mesh 0.18 ohm on mech mods and the ORFR nexMesh 0.13 ohm on regulated mods with equal results. I also made my own from SS mesh I had left over from the genesis mod days. Of the 29 mesh atty's I acquired the 10 Profiles did the best job for me with Vapefly Firebolt cotton, followed by the 10 Digiflavor Mesh Pro RDA's. My 3 Vandy Vape Mesh RDA's saw very little use.

Last edited:

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
Have no idea about the Profile 1.5 @ducasse. But I do have 10 original Profile Mesh RDA's and 6 of their Profile Unity Mesh RTA's. I used both the Wotofo KA1 mesh 0.18 ohm on mech mods and the ORFR nexMesh 0.13 ohm on regulated mods equal results. I also made my own from SS mesh I had left over from the genesis mod days. Of the 29 mesh atty's I acquired the 10 Profiles did the best job for me with Vapefly Firebolt cotton, followed by the 10 Digiflavor Mesh Pro RDA's. My 3 Vandy Vape Mesh RDA's saw very little use.

That is very helpful, thank you. Guess I'll buy one and try it out, I'll primarily be running it on a regulated mod I think.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
That is very helpful, thank you. Guess I'll buy one and try it out, I'll primarily be running it on a regulated mod I think.

Happy it helped some @ducasse.
The Profiles work well on just about any mod. A couple of old pictures I took that I found with one on a regulated and one on a dual battery mech squonk mod. I used them on many other mech's and regulated/TC mods though.

wpms2.jpg
DS-ProfileS.jpg

My favorite combo with them was on the Reo 67 mech's though. But then I'm more into mechs, and with 37 of them the Reo's ruled the roost around here the longest.

profileP67ss.jpg

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
Happy it helped some @ducasse.
The Profiles work well on just about any mod. A couple of old pictures I took that I found with one on a regulated and one on a dual battery mech squonk mod. I used them on many other mech's and regulated/TC mods though.

View attachment 938913 View attachment 938919

My favorite combo with them was on the Reo 67 mech's though. But then I'm more into mechs, and with 37 of them the Reo's ruled the roost around here the longest.

View attachment 938921

The Pico Squeeze 2 is probably the mod I'll run it on, might try it on a mech if I feel like it.

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
Since I use TC, I've gone with the SS Nexmesh .15 ohm. I also use VandyVape mesh wire SS 150mesh .9 ohm / ft. When cut to size I get between .15 & .18 ohm.

Looks like they only have the .13, which I believe is kanthal. I haven't found spools yet, but know I've seen them.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Looks like they only have the .13, which I believe is kanthal. I haven't found spools yet, but know I've seen them.

Lots of online companies still stock/sell the Vandy Vape mesh wire spools, and seem to have many different ones to choose from. A simple Google search will bring them up. Being in Scandinavia might be a shipping problem, but it still might be worth while checking them out.

Seiggy

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
Irwin, Pennsylvania
The Pico Squeeze 2 is probably the mod I'll run it on, might try it on a mech if I feel like it.
I like the Squeeze 2 also. I'm running three of them, two Profile 1.5's and one Profile RDTA in RDA squonk mode. Also have a Profile 1.5 sitting on a VandyVape Pulse II. I've switched all my Squeeze 2's over to AF for better TC. I'm a happy camper...

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
Lots of online companies still stock/sell the Vandy Vape mesh wire spools, and seem to have many different ones to choose from. A simple Google search will bring them up. Being in Scandinavia might be a shipping problem, but it still might be worth while checking them out.

I just found a local company that sells at least the SS spools, and I'm pretty sure I've seen them elsewhere. Otherwise I'll just order from abroad, I just need to order enough to make it worthwhile.

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
I like the Squeeze 2 also. I'm running three of them, two Profile 1.5's and one Profile RDTA in RDA squonk mode. Also have a Profile 1.5 sitting on a VandyVape Pulse II. I've switched all my Squeeze 2's over to AF for better TC. I'm a happy camper...

I've been wanting to flash mine with Arctic Fox, but I have no Windows computers and don't know if I can flash from the Linux software or just make configuration changes. But that's another topic :)

I'm a bit wary of bricking it as I really love that little mod.

Seiggy

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
Irwin, Pennsylvania
I've been wanting to flash mine with Arctic Fox, but I have no Windows computers and don't know if I can flash from the Linux software or just make configuration changes. But that's another topic :)

I looked and no way to do firmware with Linux. The AF forum talks about using WINE, but I don't know Linux. I was concerned also with my first AF upgrade, but is was almost point and click. I actually used the same AF profile from my first Squeeze 2 and downloaded to the other two. Took less than 2 min. each. Plus I had all the setting of AF that I liked from the first now on the 2nd and 3rd. I like it.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither

I also have 3 of the Squeeze 2's. I ran Digiflavor Mesh Pro RDA's on them until the Profile Mesh RDA's came out. Old picture of them with the DMP's on them.

S2x3.jpg

Reactions: Seiggy

Seiggy

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
Irwin, Pennsylvania
I also have 3 of the Squeeze 2's. I ran Digiflavor Mesh Pro RDA's on them until the Profile Mesh RDA's came out. Old picture of them with the DMP's on them.

View attachment 938923
HEY.... They look just like mine. Don't have red but rainbow. I had a moment when I bought it. My black and silver I got just about 1 month ago when Eleaf had their 14.99 sale on them. I couldn't pass that up.

• Winner
Reactions: Spydro

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

Well if you decide to install AF, make sure you download the original eleaf firmware first so you can have it handy to reinstall if anything goes wrong.
    Download link is at bottom of this page Unfortunately, only Win and Mac versions. As was already stated, you might be able to use a Windows emulator on Linux.

• Agree

ducasse

ECF Veteran
    Apr 28, 2020
    Drammen, Norway
    www.reddit.com
    Well if you decide to install AF, make sure you download the original eleaf firmware first so you can have it handy to reinstall if anything goes wrong.
    Download link is at bottom of this page Unfortunately, only Win and Mac versions. As was already stated, you might be able to use a Windows emulator on Linux.

Thanks a lot, hadn't noticed that download link. Worst case scenario I'll just have to install Win10 and dualboot, I have a license. First I'll try a virtual machine, though.

And thanks to everyone who answered, I've ordered the original Profile, probably won't be here until early next week.

Spydro

Sindoyen
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither
    HEY.... They look just like mine. Don't have red but rainbow. I had a moment when I bought it. My black and silver I got just about 1 month ago when Eleaf had their 14.99 sale on them. I couldn't pass that up.

It's not red, it's purple (the true color better in the first picture posted above with the matte silver Profile that I typically ran on it. But I also have the purple Profile (in the second pictures above) that I could have put on it too.

$14.99 is a give away price compared to their price when they first came out. I got my first two Squeeze 2's almost 3 years ago in June 2018. The two of them (black/purple) cost me $170 shipped, but the going price for them settled down to around $65 to $70. The silver one was a gift later from a friend in Hawaii who didn't use it.

Seiggy

ECF Veteran
    Feb 1, 2012
    Irwin, Pennsylvania
    @Spydro, I got my first Squeeze 2 on January 2019 to try out squonking. Now squonking is all I do with mesh. You can't beat the flavor. Price was $59. I always wanted a couple more but the price held me back, UNTIL....$14.99 :w00t: I think I got whiplash reaching for the plastic. Just wish I knew who on ECF posted about the Eleaf sale on them. Never got to thank them for their post.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread