Mesh RDAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resistance

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2020
Hi,

I've been curious about trying out a mesh rda, and the most available here are the Profiles. Can anyone give me a rundown of the differences between the original and the 1.5, and which one to go for? From what I can tell the main difference is the size of the mesh, is that all?
Try the Univapo Symba RDA. It supports mesh dual and single coils and it give an Awesome vape with great flavour either way(mesh or coils)

Reactions: Spydro

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
Try the Univapo Symba RDA. It supports mesh dual and single coils and it give an Awesome vape with great flavour either way(mesh or coils)

I've already bought the Profile as I was only able to track down one of them and didn't want to lose it, but I'll keep that in mind for my next purchase. Do you know if it can use the same mesh strips? Thank you for the advice, though, appreciated!

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither

What it supports is not unique in that sense. All 29 of my mesh atty's (3 different brands, 4 different models) can do single or dual mesh, single or dual coils in them. The mesh clamping systems used in mesh RDA's/RTA's might possibly make that possible in many other mesh atty's as well.

A dual mesh build also has its uses, can help fine tune the liquids you vape. This picture is of a Vandy Vape V2 with their Dual M mesh build on it. But you can easily make your own dual mesh builds by modifying stock mesh strips offered for mesh addy's (Wotofo, OFRF nexMesh, etc), or from Vandy Vape Spools of different spec meshes, or from sheets of mesh from other sources.
2 Profile dual mesh build.jpg

Reactions: Resistance

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
On a regulated mod just about any mesh might work because you can dial it in for different results. Not so with the 0.13 mesh on mech mods though that would net about a 32A battery draw (and hit at about 135W) pushing the best batteries I used too hard.

I'll need both for reulated and hopefully mechs, although I thought mechs would generally be pushing too many watts due to the low resistance of mesh?

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I'll need both for reulated and hopefully mechs, although I thought mechs would generally be pushing too many watts due to the low resistance of mesh?

The 0.13 mesh on a mech mod with a fully charged battery would draw about 32A on the battery and hit at about 135W.

Resistance

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2020
I've already bought the Profile as I was only able to track down one of them and didn't want to lose it, but I'll keep that in mind for my next purchase. Do you know if it can use the same mesh strips? Thank you for the advice, though, appreciated!
I don't see why not. Someone tried I know tried it with mesh and coils at the same time. And also three coils. (One in the mesh clamps.)

Resistance

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2020
What it supports is not unique in that sense. All 29 of my mesh atty's (3 different brands, 4 different models) can do single or dual mesh, single or dual coils in them. The mesh clamping systems used in mesh RDA's/RTA's might possibly make that possible in many other mesh atty's as well.

A dual mesh build also has its uses, can help fine tune the liquids you vape. This picture is of a Vandy Vape V2 with their Dual M mesh build on it. But you can easily make your own dual mesh builds by modifying stock mesh strips offered for mesh addy's (Wotofo, OFRF nexMesh, etc), or from Vandy Vape Spools of different spec meshes, or from sheets of mesh from other sources.
View attachment 939085
It's not about uniqueness it's about versatility. And versatility works for me @Spydro however you have found your happy place with the profile I see. The Symba is my happy place.
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/【new-rele...ort-mesh-and-regular-coil.t69510/#post-885539

Reactions: Seiggy

Resistance

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2020
I have separate clamps on the Symba and which can be left in place or removed if necessary.

Then you're right in finding what works best for you. Good luck I don't have the profile so I can't comment too much.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
It's not about uniqueness it's about versatility. And versatility works for me @Spydro however you have found your happy place with the profile I see. The Symba is my happy place.
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/【new-released-】univapo-symba-rda-support-mesh-and-regular-coil.t69510/#post-885539

Versatility is perception of need. I never felt a need to run both mesh and coils together in an atty, nor dual coils at all in a mesh atty. Mesh is all I wanted or needed in my mesh atty's for my uses. So yes, I found my happy place in all of my mesh atty's. There is no right or wrong... to each his own spice of life.

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/【new-released-】univapo-symba-rda-support-mesh-and-regular-coil.t69510/#post-885539

If so I think I found at least *a* happy place with the Profile, enjoying it so far. I do think I prefer the vape I get from the Citadel I bought at the same time, though, but I'm more impressed by the Profile than I thought I would be. Thanks to all who responded!

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
Hi,

I've been curious about trying out a mesh RDA, and the most available here are the Profiles. Can anyone give me a rundown of the differences between the original and the 1.5, and which one to go for? From what I can tell the main difference is the size of the mesh, is that all?
I use both 1.0 and 1.5 and find that they both perform well. The 1.5 have a wider mesh clamp and can use the larger strips and also has improvemets to O-ring design. The original Profile top cap was a bit loose and the bottom base ring too firm. The 1.5 is my choice.

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
I use both 1.0 and 1.5 and find that they both perform well. The 1.5 have a wider mesh clamp and can use the larger strips and also has improvemets to O-ring design. The original Profile top cap was a bit loose and the bottom base ring too firm. The 1.5 is my choice.

Interesting. I ended up getting both the original and the 1.5, and I like the airflow on the original better. No o-ring issues on mine. I also got the 22mm cap for the original and the OFRF Nexmesh strips, and they improve performance a *lot*.

Thinking of ordering the RDTA next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread