METAL 306 to 510 adapter; for using a 510 drip tip on a 306!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital-Dragon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
I have wanted to be able to use my 510 drip tips with my 306s for a while now, and the universal seemed like my only option. But I wanted something metal. So what I did was take apart some of my old attys, and I found that the atty sleeves with the fat band at the bottom fit a 306 like a glove... Works great and basically free if you have old attys. I took the old atty apart by attaching it to a dead eGo, and then twisting with pliars... This is the part that you could mess up if you are using any painted, (non bare-metal) old atty as the pliars like to slip and scratch the paint badly...

The silver one on the the middle newman's box is my go to 306 atm, 1.8ohm and no bridge, ss drip tip. And a black ceramic drip tip in the black adapter close-ups.
DSC_7541.jpg DSC_7585.jpg DSC_7578.jpg DSC_7579.jpg

Edit: the pink one on the right is how 306's look normally, (smartvapes was sold out of the blacks ones at the time,) and the tank on the left is just for show I guess, since I don't use cartos anymore.

Last edited:

Digital-Dragon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Interesting video. Got me thinking about other ways to use the wider 510 sleeves, (without the fatt band at bottom) but for me half the pointof this mod is to have NO PLASTIC involved. I think I learned a little polish though... :)

I know that the appeal of this mod is limited because it requires that you have an old atty of the right kind, (fat band at bottom) but I thought that it would interest at least a few people... I just know that lots of you want to use your 510 drip tips on your 306's, and I think this just looks better andy more naturall than a "universal."

Oh, and the old attys I'm using for this came from liberty-flights, might have been thier EM LR attys? Can't remember exactly since I haven't ordered any attys from them in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread