AgDance.gif
helloes eberybodys

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Ok... you've got credit in your account... so your good with that. I'm not sure I can answer much about sim cards since that's more of a smartphone thingy... but it can't hurt to ask.

I actually got to listen to one of your songs for the first time in my new Escape... I can't recall the name exactly ATM and I'm not sure which folder I put it in or I'd look it up ... but it was the one about being a Wizard... still a cool song.

jmur

Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
Ok... you've got credit in your account... so your good with that. I'm not sure I can answer much about sim cards since that's more of a smartphone thingy... but it can't hurt to ask.

Thanks Rd. So...I finally came out of the stone age and bought a new iPhone. My old one was, I'm afraid to admit, the first gen 3GS one. In my defense, I DID get it when it first came out, so at least I was in the loop then. It served me real well all these years. Thing is, we're both retired now (and old and decrepid) and usually home or out together (which is another whole ball of wax) so there hasn't been much need to upgrade. Only used it to keep in the car when we were going somewhere, etc. But......it recently became very incapacitated. Found it one morning splitting apart at the case and doesn't function. Nobody knows nuttin why...

So my question becomes, the SIM card from this non-functioning phone, can I get ANY info off it, and how? Like numbers, bookmarks, photos, music, etc.? I use iCloud on the iPad, but never set it up on the phone, cause we didn't use it all that much. I read about these SIM card readers (and they can be had very cheap), but what would they really find on the SIM?

So, that's my question, I stand by it, and if there's not enough in my account, Ag will happily send you a coupon for further remuneration.

Reactions: AG51

jmur

Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
I actually got to listen to one of your songs for the first time in my new Escape... I can't recall the name exactly ATM and I'm not sure which folder I put it in or I'd look it up ... but it was the one about being a Wizard... still a cool song.

Wow, that's cool. But can't think for the life of me what song had Wizard in it. Any line to jog the brain cells??

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Wow, that's cool. But can't think for the life of me what song had Wizard in it. Any line to jog the brain cells??

This ( remembering ) is going to be rough then... Just did a quick search for "Wizard" among the 2600+ songs I've copied over to the Escape... and Uriah Heap's song is all that comes up. In my defense, I was driving and not really reading the screen all that close ( apparently ).

I'll have to scour them manually, so don't hold your breath... this will likely take time. :D

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
So my question becomes, the SIM card from this non-functioning phone, can I get ANY info off it, and how? Like numbers, bookmarks, photos, music, etc.?

Ok... now you are venturing into two areas I know very little about... smartphones and anything Apple. So the following is based on Android phones which I must assume are / have used similar cards.

The sim cards I'm familiar with have undergone the same changes that standard memory cards have... ie gotten smaller. So to have any chance at reading one, you'd need to have a smartphone ( presumably an Apple one ) from the same era that still uses that same sized sim card. If correct, look on eBay and other used equipment sites for a working iPhone from the same era.

Things that you may have to consider... if your cell phone provider locked your iPhone... you may need one that also works with your provider. I also don't know if a sim card is encrypted or not... I assume not but that isn't something to base anything I've said on... it's is very far outside of my expertise and experience level.

[ Enters Mother mode now ]
In the end, there is only one way to safeguard your data and that is to back it up frequently. This is not something you can do after a failure. If it wasn't important enough to do it previous to the failure... is it really important enough now somehow to try to retrieve it because that can become very costly. It can be done at a repair shop that deals with that type of phone, but is it ( if the other methods I mentioned don't work ) important enough to spend enough money to fix it now.

There is a Youtube guy named Louis Rossman that repairs Mac's... I'm uncertain if they ( his store ) still fixes iPhones but if not, watching some of his vids will lead you to a lady up in that general area that does do that type of work ( I just remember Jessica or something as her name and that's questionable and I certainly don't recall her store name ). I'm uncertain as to what they may charge for such a service or if you can simply ask them about getting a used working phone or not.... still worth a call to find out.

Reactions: AG51

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Good Morning Folks... :)

Mother Nature can't decide what season we are in once again... Yesterday highs here were about 74°. In fact, Spring was in effect enough that eastern Oklahoma was having tornado warnings all over the place. Today, we are at 25° currently but it had gotten down to about 23° overnight. We've even got snow patches in some areas... :confused: :blink: :blush:

Reactions: Fullknight

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
Good Morning Folks... :)

Mother Nature can't decide what season we are in once again... Yesterday highs here were about 74°. In fact, Spring was in effect enough that eastern Oklahoma was having tornado warnings all over the place. Today, we are at 25° currently but it had gotten down to about 23° overnight. We've even got snow patches in some areas... :confused: :blink: :blush:
:?:ut ohs RedSock. I been freezim fer a few days now I just fimished washin dishes and I got sweat rolling dowm my body parts. So I knows wats ya means. Stay safe and putts anuthra log on da fire. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread