Status
Not open for further replies.

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
So…my Provari has started being really weird. It went from being perfect to occasionally just refusing to fire or respond to button presses in any way.

It does it with freshly charged batteries (4 of them) and various devices (attys, cartos, etc.…all work on my other devices).

It's under warranty, so the answer is obviously to contact provape. But I'm curious if anyone has any ideas of simple things I can test here and what to expect from their service if it comes to that.

Fortunately, it seems like I don't use it all that much anymore, so it's not a huge deal if it takes a little while. I just feel bad having a $200 mod sitting here that doesn't get use not solely because I prefer something else.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Good point about cleaning the battery connections with isopropal alcohol. Any minor battery corrosion deposits can affect electrical conduction.

Also check the threading on the battery cap. If dark and gritty looking, the bare metal has begun oxidizing (not unlike rust) and also affects battery conduction. Clean the threads with an anti-oxidizing material like Noaloxx found on the Provape website or at any hardware store such as Home Depot or Lowes. Using this as a routine maintanence will keep the threads from locking up and keep the threading "buttery smooth". Noalox Thread Lubricant

noalox-2T.jpg

Check the hot spring in the battery cap; if compressed it can weaken battery contact. Pull to stretch it a little longer to make a snugger fit with the battery.

And of course clean the top connector with alcohol.

Last edited:

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
One of mine's misfiring too. I've cleaned it and made sure the contacts are clean. It's been doing this for awhile. I'll send it in sometime soon. It's out of warranty now but I contacted them about this issue before the warranty was up so maybe they'll fix it free. I'd go ahead and send it in but I've got a road trip coming up and it wouldn't be back by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread