Mini Owners...would you buy a 18650 extension for the Mini if they became available?

Mini owners...Would you purchase a Provari Mini extension cap for 18650 batteries if it were $30?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malduk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2012
Croatia
Spare batteries are more practical (and cheaper; 20-30$ for smallish piece of steel is a bit too much), as I'd rather have extra batteries in my pocket, than larger PV all the time. 18350 lasts long enough to not be an annoyance, and I like the fact that smaller batteries charge faster. :)
However, I did purchase 18490 extension "just-in-case". As it turned out, I use it at home just because button placement is kinda awkward with Mini, so overall longer body feels more comfortable in the hand. Longer battery life I get out of it isn't that important to me at all.

billyb1122

Unregistered Supplier
Jun 7, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Interesting question.

Accidentally hit send before finishing.
It is interesting for the following reasons.
They could in fact retire the V2 standard and sell one model with several end cap options. Ultimately, they would make more money doing so. People would buy a base unit and multiple end caps for the unit. They would only have to manufacture one model. More people would be willing to invest in the Provari because not only is it arguably the best, it now would be considered the most flexible too. Flexibly is important for most people. Some don't buy the Provari V2 because it's too much money for a unit that they won't be able to use in some situations where the full size unit is too big. For them, why pay the money for a Provari if they can't use it all of the time. Others have a similar issue with the mini and therefore won't buy it. If there was only one Provari with end caps that turn it into a mini when you want it and a full size when that's what you feel like, it's the best of the best. Plus, then the Provari has something that nobody else does.

Personally, I have a mini with 3 batteries in rotation. They are so small that when I leave the house, I have a charged one in the unit, one in my pocket I put one in the car just in case. That said, I keep a Ego Twist in the car jet in case my Provari fails. I don't want to be in a situation where I have to smoke a cigarette due to a equipment failure.

.bb.

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
I was just showing my mini to a machinist at work today and asking him about making a tube with male threads on one end and female on the other, proper length to go from 18350 to 18650. I'm going to take him my 18500 extension cap monday so he can match threads and OD properly. If his quote is within reason I might have him make a batch for me. All they would be is a 30mm SS tube with threads on each end. You'd screw it to body and then the end cap into it. Nothing fancy, no mirror finish. For some reason I'm wanting one, even though i rarely even use the 18500's. If it goes further than just talking about it I'll post more info here.

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
Ultimately, they would make more money doing so. People would buy a base unit and multiple end caps for the unit.

I think the opposite. How many provari owners have a mini for stealth and a full size? That group would no longer need two.

I don't even want an extended cap on my regular. If the mini was in the blem sale I would have that. With a decent charger it's easy to keep up. If I had issue I would buy two more 18350s and an xtar wp2 that I would keep in the car. Just me, but that would make more sense than a cap that costs close to what two batteries and a charger costs.

element77

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Atl, Ga
I can't decide mini or standard this thread hit's home hard for me. I better get it right the first time. I won't be able to convince the wife a second time ;)
I have a standard lavatube and a mini and I like the mini for comfort and fit, but like the battery life of the standard.
Maybe the provari will be different run times than the chinese junk I've been using :)

Link

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2011
SmokeFreeville usa
silly question imo. if the battery life isnt enough for you, buy a standard. the 18650 ext cap on a mini would disqualify it from being a "mini".

i used the v1 with 18650 for a year before i bought mini. and was concerned about the big difference in battery life but, 18350 lasts me about a full day.

you can accomplish more battery life and keep the sleek look of the mini by simply,.. carrying 1 little 18350 with you while youre out.

heres a pic with mini and 18650 batt. alongside reg mini and reg v1 provari. its gigantic!

IMAG0089.jpg

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
I voted "other" as I did ask a question about this in the Provape sub forum. I think they should just make a sleeve instead of an end cap. Since I already have a normal sized Provari and a Mini with an extension. I think if they just made a sleeve, I could use my existing end cap to make the Mini into 18650.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread