The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Mini Owners...would you buy a 18650 extension for the Mini if they became available?

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by NickZac, Jun 11, 2012.

Mini owners...Would you purchase a Provari Mini extension cap for 18650 batteries if it were $30?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Maybe

4. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. sawlight

sawlight Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2009
    Kansas
    Yeah, I, umm, oh never mind!

2. Skyway

Skyway Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    NC - USA
    I just ordered mine. It should be shipping Friday. I love the custom look.

3. gmypc

gmypc Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 16, 2012
    GTA, ON
    Still waiting for a response from them to know what the difference between non/polished silver.

PS - I hope you used the coupon code (forget that I mentioned it if you didn't, sorry :))

4. alan_vapes_el_paso

alan_vapes_el_paso Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2012
    United States
    Thanks for all the links y'all! Just ordered my 18650 extension from Freedom to Vape.. Prob won't get here til after xmas, but o well.. !!

5. Eblyth00

Eblyth00 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 8, 2012
    Arkansas
    Well I ordered my ext cap on 12/11/12 and nothing yet. The link for shipping info doesn't work for me. I ordered from gr modder

6. gmypc

Oct 16, 2012
    GTA, ON
    Did you use track-trace and paste the tracking # in the 'Post/EMS(with USPS)' box? From there, you can click on the 'Select country' tab, choose your country and it re-directs to your postal service.

Mine worked but there were no updates from 12/14 (Athens) till today (Canada Post site).

Hope you get yours working.

7. Eblyth00

Aug 8, 2012
    Arkansas
    Just tried that method and the last update was on the 14th.

8. gmypc

Oct 16, 2012
    GTA, ON
    Same date as mine which hopefully means that you should be able to track it on USPS soon (same tracking #).

9. gmypc

Oct 16, 2012
    GTA, ON
    Aaand it's here!

Got the unpolished silver which seems to match better.

NOTE: efest 18650 batteries does not fit perfectly (can't screw in all the way). Seems like this is made specifically for the aw's.:(

kirfanis.jpg

Should update the survey to include "Nope, too late" :blush:

10. Eblyth00

Aug 8, 2012
    Arkansas
    And mine is also here. And the aw fits great ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356560638.177012.jpg

11. Skyway

Apr 10, 2009
    NC - USA
    My Hippo and Twins are in the post office. They tried to deliver them to me on Monday but I was out of town. I will take pics of it when I get home tonight.

12. Skyway

Apr 10, 2009
    NC - USA
    Here is the Hippo with my Chrome VPX tank, topped off with a Bullibox tip.
    [​IMG]

Here is my Twins. I am going to have to get an AW 18650 as my old Provari Power 2500's don't fully work. It will show a minimal amount of thread on the telescope but it does barely close.
    [​IMG]

13. graffinfected

graffinfected Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2012
    ORLANDO, FL.
    .............. sorry, found the answer to my question.

14. N1gh7m4r3

N1gh7m4r3 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Conroe
    I didn't read all 10 pages, but you guys are aware that kir fanis has an 18650 extension for the mini aren't you?

15. Skyway

Apr 10, 2009
    NC - USA
    Yes and you apparently need to read the thread, lol.

16. LongDraw

LongDraw Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 3, 2012
    Suburbs, IL
    I know this is a few weeks back, but wondered how the hippo was working out?

17. Skyway

Apr 10, 2009
    NC - USA
    The only qualm I have about it is the connection of the 510 thread on the Hippo is different than the Provari's threads. It changes the air flow a little bit. I asked the maker on the UK forums thread and he said he knows about it and they did it a little differently due to people across the pond liking tighter air flow? Not sure exactly. I might try and open it up a little bit. Other than that, it works great.

18. Beretta

Beretta Unresolved Status Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2013
    Mars
    Nothing wrong with making the mini the ultimate in portability, and longevity at the same time, just by switching end caps. Sounds like a great idea, and I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

19. LongDraw

LongDraw Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 3, 2012
    Suburbs, IL
    Not sure what you mean by the 510 connections are different?

Overall though sounds like it works well. From what I seen on the video then you just screw/unscrew some the base part and that adjust airflow? Looks interesting, might have to be a to be purchased item. Just havent seen many review on it.

20. Beretta

Beretta Unresolved Status Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2013
    Mars
    Yes. The mini is prettier. I like the teardrop design better than the standard full size.

ALSO, if they decide to make these end caps, I'd like ALL of them, including the shorter extensions to carry the crome plate on the end, so I can confidently stand the Provari on its end. This will be especially important when I get my Z-Atty-Pro. 8)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.