Minnesota Governor signs law banning sale of e-cigs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
But, only to minors!! :D

Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty has signed into law a bill banning sales to minors of several tobacco and non-tobacco products, including electronic cigarettes.

Sponsored by by Senator Scott Dibble and Representative Jim Davnie of Minneapolis, the tobacco Modernization and Compliance Act of 2010 also covers some of the new tobacco products such as orbs, strips, lozenges and snus made by our "friends" in Big Tobacco.

For more, see:

Minnesota Passes Law Banning Electronic Cigarette Sales to Kids - E-smoker Forever – by Leaford

sanjosse

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
San Jose, CA
I fell for it, hook, line & sinker! +big splash, gasping for water+
Leaford, are you a copywriter? You should b. The great state of Cali is also trying to inact a similar law. I'll be keeping an eye on the wording (as others Californians should) just to make sure they don't try and sneak something in about a total BAN! I know AS already vetoed a previous attempt, but I'm personally vested in this.
Thanks again for keeping us on our collective toes Leaford.

Mactrick

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
Ventura, CA
You will pay for this

/agree

Just not a nice thing to do. ;) But I agree with other posts -- Underage sale ≠ good. Now that this has been dealt with, perhaps MN will not address this debate any further (nothing to see here folks, move on). But then again, we are talking about politicians.

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
/agree

Just not a nice thing to do. ;) But I agree with other posts -- Underage sale ≠ good. Now that this has been dealt with, perhaps MN will not address this debate any further (nothing to see here folks, move on). But then again, we are talking about politicians.

I wonder what would hapen if states approved them for adults but the Pharma/FDA appeal baned them in the U.S.

Brooke1975

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
But, only to minors!! :D

Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty has signed into law a bill banning sales to minors of several tobacco and non-tobacco products, including electronic cigarettes.

Sponsored by by Senator Scott Dibble and Representative Jim Davnie of Minneapolis, the Tobacco Modernization and Compliance Act of 2010 also covers some of the new tobacco products such as orbs, strips, lozenges and snus made by our "friends" in Big Tobacco.

For more, see:

Minnesota Passes Law Banning Electronic Cigarette Sales to Kids - E-smoker Forever – by Leaford

Good grief you scared the heck out of me! I thought on no! :p

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Overall a positive thing - and from what I've heard, they also acknowledge "smoking substitutes" which is close to "alternatives."

However:
Experts fear that the products will be particularly popular with young people because they are designed to look like small breath mints, toothpicks, and breath-freshening strips.

"These new products post just as much of a health risk, but to many children, they appear to be harmless and similar to a piece of candy.

Hmmm...no concern about the new Nicorette mini lozenges that come in a cool Tic Tac size package? "Bold and refreshing mint" for a "mini Moment."

mini_Product.png

Not to mention that Orbs, snus and ecigs are NOT "just as much of a health risk" as smoking!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread