Mixing 0 nicotine liquids with nicshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You need to let us know how much 0 nic 80/20 e-liquid you have. It would be extremely difficult to get you to the necessary percentage without it. Is it 60 ml, 120 ml, etc? Also, if you go to the DIY forum, (or if you have access to an android phone) you can find an easy juice calculator that will allow you to make these calculations yourself, you just plug in the numbers. It would be X ml of mixed e-liquid at 0 percent, and your target would be 3.5 or 3.8 mg/ml eliquid, if you plug in the first number and your target nic strength, it will let you know how much to add. It's nice to do these things on your own if you can. If not, post the amount of 0 nic eliquid you have and we will be happy to help.

Welcome to ECF.

Anna

Dekard

Oct 20, 2017
You need to let us know how much 0 nic 80/20 e-liquid you have. It would be extremely difficult to get you to the necessary percentage without it. Is it 60 ml, 120 ml, etc? Also, if you go to the DIY forum, (or if you have access to an android phone) you can find an easy juice calculator that will allow you to make these calculations yourself, you just plug in the numbers. It would be X ml of mixed e-liquid at 0 percent, and your target would be 3.5 or 3.8 mg/ml eliquid, if you plug in the first number and your target nic strength, it will let you know how much to add. It's nice to do these things on your own if you can. If not, post the amount of 0 nic eliquid you have and we will be happy to help.

Welcome to ECF.

Anna
Its a 40ml 0 nic liquid.I forgot to mention in my question that the thing i would like to know it's how much will be the final VG/PG ratio cus i will be mixing an 80 VG/20 PG liquid with a 100 VG nicshot.

Reactions: Izan

Joules_Verne

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2013
SW France
Using e-cigvape dot com calculator, with your 40ml 80VG/20PG at 0nic and 100VG at 18mg/ml then
adding 10ml of yr 18mg/ml 100VG to yr 40ml will give you 50 ml at 3.6mg/ml 16%PG / 84%VG.
Hope this helps, try Do It Yourself E-Liquid (E-Juice) Recipe Mixing Station! it's real easy.
DaveD
edit - Izan types faster than me
and it makes life easier to use whole numbers, after all who can tell the difference 3.5-3.8 ?

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I'm guessing you are in the UK.

In a way, the easiest way to use nicotine shots is to work out in your head how much 'shot' liquid you need per 10ml. For example, if you were to decide 3.6mg was a good choice for you to vape, then you need 2ml of shot per 8ml of zero nicotine bulk liquid (making 10ml).

So, if you bought a 40ml bottle that had space in for you to add nicotine liquid, you are going to need 10ml of shot (the entire shot bottle!). This is how most vendors intend you to mix. They sell you 40ml in a 50ml bottle and you add your nicotine. It gets more complicated to make other exact strengths. 3mg is very popular, 3.6mg is hardly any difference in the real world.

If you wanted to make 40ml, you'd only need 8ml of shot and 32ml of all the other liquids.

I suspect most shops sell 80% VG (flavored, zero nic) large bottles so you add PG nicotine shots to leave something nearer 60/40 VG liquid.

I make lots of liquid at 7.2mg using 72mg nicotine base. That's 1ml per 10ml of finished liquid.
Easy once you get the hang of it. :)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
if my math is right.... 1 ml of 18 added to 3.5 ml of normal 0 nic juice would result in about 4 mg/ml...

example: if you had 100 nic base and wanted a 33 nic juice you would need 1/3 of the 100 added to a volume to = a total volume of 3 sooo... 1 ml of 100 added to 2 ml of 0 nic would give you 3 ml of 33
and in your case... 1 ml of 18 added to 3.5 ml of juice would give you 4.5 ml of 4mg

Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello.My name is Dekard and I started vaping 3 months ago.Now I ordered an e-liquid 0 mg nic and 80vg/20pg.I want to make it to 3.5 or 3.8 nic/ml and I ordered a NicBase 100% VG 18mg/ml.What will be the final result when I mix them?Thanks for your answers
Welcome and glad you joined.
I dislike giving simple answers, could calculate yourself, that way you won't have to ask again and others can also benefit.
Might like to read:
Juice Rescue "Cheat Codes"

Dekard

Oct 20, 2017
I'm guessing you are in the UK.

In a way, the easiest way to use nicotine shots is to work out in your head how much 'shot' liquid you need per 10ml. For example, if you were to decide 3.6mg was a good choice for you to vape, then you need 2ml of shot per 8ml of zero nicotine bulk liquid (making 10ml).

So, if you bought a 40ml bottle that had space in for you to add nicotine liquid, you are going to need 10ml of shot (the entire shot bottle!). This is how most vendors intend you to mix. They sell you 40ml in a 50ml bottle and you add your nicotine. It gets more complicated to make other exact strengths. 3mg is very popular, 3.6mg is hardly any difference in the real world.

If you wanted to make 40ml, you'd only need 8ml of shot and 32ml of all the other liquids.

I suspect most shops sell 80% VG (flavored, zero nic) large bottles so you add PG nicotine shots to leave something nearer 60/40 VG liquid.

I make lots of liquid at 7.2mg using 72mg nicotine base. That's 1ml per 10ml of finished liquid.
Easy once you get the hang of it. :)
Thanks for you info.I would like to ask you one more thing.The liquid I ordered is 0 nicotine and they guy told me that the liquid is already steeped,but after I add the nicotine what would happen?I need to let it steep for some more time?Thanks

Dekard

Oct 20, 2017
Welcome and glad you joined.
I dislike giving simple answers, could calculate yourself, that way you won't have to ask again and others can also benefit.
Might like to read:
Juice Rescue "Cheat Codes"
Thanks for your answer :).I will use the opportunity to ask you one more thing.The juice I am buying the seller told me that is already steeped but its 0 nicotine.I will give it a nicshot to take it to 3.6/8 aprox.So after I mix it with the nicshot i will have to let it steep again for a long time or no need for that?Thanks again

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Thanks for you info.I would like to ask you one more thing.The liquid I ordered is 0 nicotine and they guy told me that the liquid is already steeped,but after I add the nicotine what would happen?I need to let it steep for some more time?Thanks
It should be fine as is...
Shake it and vape it!!

Cheers
I

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Its a 40ml 0 nic liquid.I forgot to mention in my question that the thing i would like to know it's how much will be the final VG/PG ratio cus i will be mixing an 80 VG/20 PG liquid with a 100 VG nicshot.
Assuming 10ml nic shot @ 18 mg/per that's 180 mg total nic, in 40ml 0-nic plus 10ml base is 50ml total volume. 180mg / 50ml = 3.6mg/ml for the nic strength.

40ml of 80/20 means 32ml VG/8ml PG. When you add 10ml VG nic base you will have 42 and 8 ml in 50ml total or 84/16 VG/PG.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The juice I am buying the seller told me that is already steeped but its 0 nicotine...So after I mix it with the nicshot i will have to let it steep again for a long time or no need for that?

If your vendor is organised, they will be making (or having made) e-liquid well in advance. They would also know that most people will be adding a nic shot and adjusting their recipe to make sure there is enough flavor. There would be a difference in flavor % between juice intended to be zero nic and juice simply aimed at the nic shot market. I would have thought a good shake would do the job, so agree with @Izan

- -

It's an interesting point actually - I have some zero nicotine liquids never intended for adding a nic shot. I can add just a small bit of 72mg to that to get the right nicotine level for me. It will hardly change the taste. If I was forced to add 18mg (TPD), then it would be getting diluted quite a bit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread