Not open for further replies.

gnees

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Zephyrhills Fl.
Success!!!!!

I just mixed six 30 mil bottles with little mess, or problems.
I started out with a one flavor mix to test. buy the end I was mixing 7 flavor recipes.

Two things I found out....
1. I need to slow down. The scale doesn't keep up with fast pouring.
2. I need bigger pour bottles. I only had 30 mil bottles, and didn't want to wait to try this out.

So I did have some clean up, a funnel.:lol:

Thanks @Capt.shay :thumbs:

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Success!!!!!

I just mixed six 30 mil bottles with little mess, or problems.
I started out with a one flavor mix to test. buy the end I was mixing 7 flavor recipes.

Two things I found out....
1. I need to slow down. The scale doesn't keep up with fast pouring.
2. I need bigger pour bottles. I only had 30 mil bottles, and didn't want to wait to try this out.

So I did have some clean up, a funnel.:lol:

Thanks @Capt.shay :thumbs:

Glad you had success with your first attempt!

You will get the feel for how fast you can pour and how much the scale lags. I think the problem is that it is so easy that we start going to fast. You definitely need larger bottles for PG and especially the VG. I wish I had looked around and found some wide mouth jars with Yorker tops. Every time I transfer from the gallon jug to the squeeze bottle I think how much easier it would be with a wide mouth but I have never gotten around to replacing the current ones because they still work fine.

Can you imagine having to clean out 7 syringes after each recipes! I use to hate all that.

How did the Straw. Pie turn out? Should be more or less shake and vape, in fact, after a few weeks the straw. can start to fade.

gnees

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Zephyrhills Fl.
Made it, and took it to the shore this Sunday. I really like it. Think I'll make a couple of bottles this week. So I can leave one down at the shore. I have a friend that goes into my place when he needs juice. And I think he'll like it too.

How did the Straw. Pie turn out? Should be more or less shake and vape, in fact, after a few weeks the straw. can start to fade.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Now that you have mastered the DIY mix now make yourself a DIY magnetic mixer, get some 10mm, 15mm and 20mm stirbars and/or some smaller glass beakers from eBay china. Instruction of many different variety's of mixers from YouTube. The mixer ensures a completely mixed mix and it does speed up steep time some. I can mix up to 300mls with my computer fan mixer just dandy and never have to shake up any mix by hand.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I've used this since I started mixing and I don't think it can be beat for an e-juice calculator/inventory/recipe program.
New Calculator to try
Since the author is a forum member, you get immediate attention if there is some feature or function you think you'd like.

I bought this to mix my juice with, I like it, makes it easy to have completely mixed juice.
Fit & Fresh Portable Drink and Formula Mixer
Amazon.com: Fit & Fresh Portable Drink and Formula Mixer: Mixer Accessories: Kitchen & Dining

I mix my base in a large beaker then add flavor and bottle it.
A little more to cleanup, but worth it to me.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I just wanted to jump in here on @Capt.shay's great blog, give it a bump, and say thanks for all the help and guidance. I got my supplies order in and went for the recommended scale, so now I can check the recipes thread and go to work getting some flavorings while I await vape mail..... or is this DIY mail? Can't wait!

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Everything, including scale came in today, but may not get around to trying it out for a couple days. Yard work today, especially running a gas weed eater brings out the worst of the tremors. But do have a couple questions already. Yeah, the search feature. But I just got in from doing yardwork and my weather system says it is 99° with a heat index of 122°. Needless to say, I am pooped! Anyway, I only got as far as putting the screw in adjusters on the scale and noticed when screwed in all the say, it sat wobbly on my desktop. Yes, I could get it level according to the bubble, but the adjusters are loose enough they could easily spin with any movement. So wondering just how critical is leveling the scale accurately?

My other question is about calibrating the scale. Instructions read like I need a 100g calibration weight to accomplish the calibration. So is coming up with a 100g weight the only way to calibrate it? If so, would seem including one in the box would be a good idea.

Reactions: Kenna

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
Yes, you need a 100g calibration weight to calibrate if the manual states so... Just remember that scales are always pre-calibrated, and so usually you don't need calibration right off the batt although of course can be done if wanted.

I always take the approach of checking if calibration actually is needed(or in my case getting a new scale as mines are so cheap), by testing known objects like coins and haven't had a scale need re-calibration yet. Not very strange though, as it should just be sudden very high temperature fluctuations/humidity, which throws the already-done factory-calibration off i've read...

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
Everything, including scale came in today, but may not get around to trying it out for a couple days. Yard work today, especially running a gas weed eater brings out the worst of the tremors. But do have a couple questions already. Yeah, the search feature. But I just got in from doing yardwork and my weather system says it is 99° with a heat index of 122°. Needless to say, I am pooped! Anyway, I only got as far as putting the screw in adjusters on the scale and noticed when screwed in all the say, it sat wobbly on my desktop. Yes, I could get it level according to the bubble, but the adjusters are loose enough they could easily spin with any movement. So wondering just how critical is leveling the scale accurately?

My other question is about calibrating the scale. Instructions read like I need a 100g calibration weight to accomplish the calibration. So is coming up with a 100g weight the only way to calibrate it? If so, would seem including one in the box would be a good idea.

Amazon.com: 100 Gram Chrome Scale Calibration Weight (Chrome, 1): Measuring Tools: Kitchen & Dining or 20 nickels

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
You want to get it as level as possible but I'm not sure just how critical it is. This scale is one of the few that have a built in bubble and that is one of its pluses. At least you know you have it in the ball park if not spot on level. Like I said, most other scales don't even address it.

The coin trick works great.

I know you haven't even mixed a batch yet but I bet you are already planning your next flavor order :)
SPqDHEu.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread