Mixing pure nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I have a base and about 100ml of pure nicotine. I'm having trouble with my limited cognitive ability sorting out with an app how much base per nicotine I'll need. Would it be better to cut it 50/50 first? Which is better for storage PG or VG?
    THANKS!!![/QUOTEff. Oops, read that wrong. I wouldn't mess with it at all.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois
    I have a base and about 100ml of pure nicotine. I'm having trouble with my limited cognitive ability sorting out with an app how much base per nicotine I'll need. Would it be better to cut it 50/50 first? Which is better for storage PG or VG?
    THANKS!!!

You may already know but as a diy pure nic base is 1000mg is lab grade and must be treated as such.
    I use 100mg which still is very potent but 1000mg pure nic for me i would not bother with as i do not have a lab the outfit to wear and certainly not the experience working with hazardous liquid.
    Perhaps you do and please this is nothing personal against you but if you have to ask how to break it down thats a red flag that you do not have lab experience working with something dangerous as pure nic.
    Again its nothing personal.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 22, 2010
    Arkansas
    It's pure 100% nicotine base I'm just going to cut it so it's 50%. Again though is PG or VG better for long storage?

We really need to know if it's actually 1000 mg per mL. If so, even inhaling the fumes from the open bottle would be bad and getting it on your skin would be worse. 100% is ten times what any experienced DIYer uses and no one here wants to be party to you possibly killing yourself.

As r77 said, if you have a nearby vape shop who mixes their own juices and this nic base is what you say it is, take it to them and ask if they have the equipment to do it for you.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 22, 2010
    Arkansas
    Yeah, it'd probably be hard to get pure. Hopefully 100mg/ml.

Not hard, we've had people come through here before with it, usually from China.

And things like this ladies and gentlemen, whether it's 100% or 10%, belong directly on the shoulders of the legislators who are more addicted to tobacco than any smoker anywhere.

Last edited:

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    THANKS!!!

Don't even open the bottle if you don't know what you are doing.

It's pure 100% nicotine base I'm just going to cut it so it's 50%. Again though is PG or VG better for long storage?

WHAT is the milligram of the nicotine that you have ?

You may already know but as a diy pure nic base is 1000mg is lab grade and must be treated as such.
    I use 100mg which still is very potent but 1000mg pure nic for me i would not bother with as i do not have a lab the outfit to wear and certainly not the experience working with hazardous liquid.
    Perhaps you do and please this is nothing personal against you but if you have to ask how to break it down thats a red flag that you do not have lab experience working with something dangerous as pure nic.

Again its nothing personal.

^ this.

...OP has not been online since these posts on Monday.
    As the discussion of using 1000mg nic is not permitted here due to the extreme danger, I am closing this thread.

PLEASE READ :
    Forum Rules
    d. There is a limit on public discussion of 200mg (20%) maximum for mixing discussion, recipes and tutorials, and also in the Classifieds. Members may not discuss the use of refills (any liquids) stronger than 200mg.
    e. The use of 'Pure Nicotine' cannot be discussed (in detail) on public forums on ECF (trade forums are exempt) due to the hazard [3] - see Notes below. That is to say, it can be mentioned in passing but not discussed at length especially as regards mixing.

Rule 35: Nicotine Strength
    [3] It became obvious that some members joining in discussion of pure nicotine did not have any idea of the danger, or any knowledge of working with hazardous chemicals, or even any basic knowledge of measurements. Pure nic is as dangerous as cyanide - just opening a bottle in a room can result in all present being poisoned. It must be handled in a fume cupboard, with hazmat precautions. Pure nic can be theoretically defined as: Nicotine 100%, 1000mg, 1000mg/ml, but is more likely to be found as 998mg, 997mg/ml or 990 mg (99%). We consider anything over 90% / 900mg to be 'pure nic'. No discussion of use or links to suppliers whatsoever are allowed [4].

There is a very real danger of hospitalization or worse with this material and ECF cannot support any publicity of its use or sources. There is no need to use it since far safer strengths are available for bulk mixing, such as 48mg (4.8% nicotine in PG or VG), 60mg (6%), and 100mg (10%). To protect our members and ourselves we do not allow discussion of or sources for anything over 200mg (20% nic) [4].

moved from Tips and Tricks to DIY E-Liquid.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread