MKB-TS Mechanical Mod (GGTS Clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

andtokyo

May 30, 2013
usa
Can anyone link an adapter to make an EVOD work on the MKB-TS? I have the regular cap and the stealth cap.
I have 10 EVODs and an IBtanked on my desk but would like to switch out liquids more easily.

I also have a ekowool, nimbus, a terminator, and a russian on the way. Needless to say I'm hooked on vapor but it's 99% better for my health than analogs.

destrog

Apr 27, 2013
United States
Well, I got my MKB in a week ago. Only problem with it is that it keeps shorting out and the button gets really hot. I keep getting burned and I would rather not throw this thing in a drawer and forget it. It will go a while without it happening but it seems to happen at least once a day. I have also taken the spring out and made the battery sit directly on the bottom post. Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this. When it's working I truly love this mod.

crss

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Mar 19, 2013
    dev/null
    Well, I got my MKB in a week ago. Only problem with it is that it keeps shorting out and the button gets really hot. I keep getting burned and I would rather not throw this thing in a drawer and forget it. It will go a while without it happening but it seems to happen at least once a day. I have also taken the spring out and made the battery sit directly on the bottom post. Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this. When it's working I truly love this mod.
    Put your hot spring back in, its a safety fuse, sounds like you need it in place at this time. Take the button off the lower tube. Tighten the assembly, inner & outer switch ends. put switch back in lower tube, adjust to correct throw. I have 2 MKB-TS, one had a very loose switch assembly, i found it yesterday morning. So i just did the above, no issue with switch now. Neither have ever given me a hot switch. Yesterday morning i set up a Terminator-C in the GG-TS base... WOW!!!! Airflow control does work. Really liking my MKB-TS's

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Imperial Beach, California
    Are you using socket adapters? If so that may be the location of your short. Take the collector tank off and use the native 510 socket and see if the short still happens.

c00lkatz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 10, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Are you using socket adapters? If so that may be the location of your short. Take the collector tank off and use the native 510 socket and see if the short still happens.

Agreed. Only time I've ever had a hard short like that was using ego-510 adapter on Kanger T3, definitely check that out first.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

destrog

Apr 27, 2013
    United States

No socket adapters. Just the native 510 using a LR carto. Nothing special. Works fine with a protank. But all my cartos cause a short and a button that heats rapidly.

Insanelysick

Apr 23, 2012
    Uk
    Check the carts posts, is the insulation ring damaged? I think the positive pin can cause the pin on cartos lean to the side causing a hard short.
    Well. I tried another carto and lo and behold it no longer burns me and works flawlessly. Weird thing is. The cartos the were causing the short work on my evic and ego batteries.

upsetter21

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 17, 2013
    Alameda, CA
    I would have been twice as happy with my MKB if I only paid $45 for it. That's a freak'n steal even if you end up "fixing" the little issues that can crop up on these.

Someone mentioned the MKB hotspring being a fuse. I don't think that's accurate. There's no built-in circuit protection on the MKB, unless you count the switch burning your hand as warning to stop firing.

clancy0below

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    CO
    I'm loving my MKB with the GG based term. OMG, It solved all of your air flow issues and half of the gurgles(caused from sucking too hard in my case:oops:) Now I just need to find the parts to turn my unused term base into another term. Anyone recently upgrade to a V2 coil assy and wanna trade me their V1? lol :laugh:

Thanks for everyone in this thread for all the hard work you did getting my mod perfected!

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    illinois
    got my mkb-ts today and the ggts base for my terminator-c/nautilus.
    Pretty amazing what fit and finish the chinese are cranking out these days!
    A year or so back I could only wish to have a gg and oddy, this is sure good enough for me!
    The airflow and juice control are brilliant... much props to the original gg designer. If I would of known how great of devices these were , I probably would of bought the real deal (if I could of found one of course)

Only minor gripe is the friction feel when firing the button. I know people have smoothed it out with copper or brass shimming material... any links to more info on this button modification? And whats causing the buttons to heat up?

mkb pro.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread