• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Mod batteries in Korea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ande

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Korea
How widely available are they?

Any of you who have battery mods here- do you order batts from overseas, or do you pick them up locally?

I'm about to get my first mod, probably something simple that runs at 3.7v, mechanical, just to see how I like it.

Guessing I'll like it better than the rather expensive "batteries" that go with so many ecigs- switch blows and it's gone.

Given the cost and time delay involved in shipping, I'd rather get something that I can get batteries for here. I'm guessing that a lot of the most common batteries would be available in camera shops and things.

What say you all?

Ande

Godzilla

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2010
Northern California
www.foxyboxmods.com
I order my protected batteries from Deal Extreme in China. Not sure if you consider that local or not, but wanted to pass it on. My guess is it would not take 3 to 4 weeks to get your package like it does to me in the US, but keep in mind they sometimes take 7 to 10 days just to ship out the order. My orders are usually 50 sets of batteries though.

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
Electronics Market, in the area I call Super Geek Land (basement of chonja land). There's about 3 or 4 stores there that sell nothing but batteries, that's where I got mine. I couldn't find IMR (high drain) ones, but they do have protected (and unprotected) ones everywhere. Bo-ho (no Korean input on this computer) means protected, Bi-bo-ho is unprotected. They use the same sizes (18350, 16500, etc) so if you can't use the numbers just write it down, same deal for volts and mah (milli is the term they generally use for mah). They're all generic, prices range from 5-9k per battery.

What I've done is order 2 batteries with the unit and a charger, that way I'm ready to go as soon as I get it, then go down and pick up spares later.

Can also find them on auction.co.kr (same stores generally), but would need someone who can read and speak Korean for that.

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
I order my protected batteries from Deal Extreme in China. Not sure if you consider that local or not, but wanted to pass it on. My guess is it would not take 3 to 4 weeks to get your package like it does to me in the US, but keep in mind they sometimes take 7 to 10 days just to ship out the order. My orders are usually 50 sets of batteries though.

I order parts from China fairly often, a lot of time just from GH1. It takes 2-3 days from order to door with EMS.

kaycee

Aug 17, 2011
seoul south korea
Electronics Market, in the area I call Super Geek Land (basement of chonja land). There's about 3 or 4 stores there that sell nothing but batteries, that's where I got mine. I couldn't find IMR (high drain) ones, but they do have protected (and unprotected) ones everywhere. Bo-ho (no Korean input on this computer) means protected, Bi-bo-ho is unprotected. They use the same sizes (18350, 16500, etc) so if you can't use the numbers just write it down, same deal for volts and mah (milli is the term they generally use for mah). They're all generic, prices range from 5-9k per battery.

What I've done is order 2 batteries with the unit and a charger, that way I'm ready to go as soon as I get it, then go down and pick up spares later.

Can also find them on auction.co.kr (same stores generally), but would need someone who can read and speak Korean for that.

where is this "super geek land" your saying?? is it in seoul?? if so where can i find it?? coz i need a couple of extra batts for my mod (indulgence)...TIA

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
where is this "super geek land" your saying?? is it in seoul?? if so where can i find it?? coz i need a couple of extra batts for my mod (indulgence)...TIA

Electronics market (behind Yongsan station), it's the basement of 전자랜드 (Chonja Land) which is... how to describe this.

Behind Yonsan Station (and connected by a tunnel type thing) is the Blue Glass Building (yes, I have a name for every building there), Hooters is in the basement of Blue Glass.

Standing outside of the Blue Glass building you should see a parking lot, then a building with more parking in it (also inside is camera's, mp3 players, tunnel through the building is mostly cell phones, tunnel under the building is game console stuff).

Left of that building (it's a long building) is a road and Chonja Land is right on the other side, kind of a round building. From the front you should see a drive up for roof top parking, to the right of that there are stairs going down (very obvious from the sidewalk) and that's what you need, go down there. Might take a bit of wandering to find it, there's a ton of stuff down there, but everyone promptly displays what they have in the large glass windows. The two main hallways go straight down, every so often there is a big open area (normally with escalator for going up into the main store), I think it's the second (maybe 3rd) opening that has the battery store I went to... but it's obvious, tons of different batteries in the window.

Ande

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Korea
That whole area is like a hive of electronics stores, with literally everything your geeky little heart could desire.

I think the blue glass building is called "Terminal" ("터미널" or "터미널 전자 상가" to be complete.) And I'm pretty sure the big round building is ET Land or something like that. I've had a wander around there last week, and yeah- there are several shops in the basement that seem to carry only batteries, but, um, more batteries and kinds of batteries than I have ever seen. Or imagined. Or have any idea what to do with.

If you have trouble finding your way around, "chonja sangka" is what you're looking for. Be sure to at least get OUT of the ipark complex. Some of the stores there (esp camera shops) may carry batteries of the kind you're looking for, but it's the most expensive place in town.

Best,
Ande

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
Yeah, ipark is the last resort that I never need. Terminal would make sense as that used to be where the actual subway was before the ipark building was built. The 3rd floor, where the connection to the ipark is, used to have the gates for subway tickets and that tunnel brought you down to the trains.

Conja Sangka is the general area, Chonja Land is the building where you're most likely to find the batteries you want. There's a few other places that might, such as the parking garage building where most stores sell cameras (there is one battery place in there, right side door, all the way down, limited selection but does have 3.0v CR123a).

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
omg!! i still didnt have the chance to stop by in this jonjaland "etland" due to a very busy sched....is there here anyone here saw a branded batteries like AW or TRUSTFIRE in that store you guys reffering???TIA

AW no, I've looked but can't find any locally. Trustfire sometimes, sometimes Ultrafire (I've got some of each, never noticed a difference). Those I got online, auction.co.kr, gmarket, naver, etc but need someone that can read Korean (can probably search for battery type using the size and go by pictures for most of it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread