• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Moderator needed for Canadian Members forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I'm wondering when the UK will become independent of the US.

Sorry I'm intruding in your forum ... I know I'm a hypocrite. Over and out.

No no no..it's not 'our' forum. Sorry if it sounded like that, but I am curious why a non-Canadian was chosen for one of the two mods. It would be like a hetero chosen to mod the gay group or a man to moderate your new woman's forum.

Nothing against lordmage, heteros or men..it's just a bit nicer to be modded by the people who are directly related to that subforum.

I'll msg SJ to give my opinion but it's not a big deal.

Happy Jack

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Well..I'm definitely not a 'patriot' in any exclusive sense of the word given that my family is Irish and my wife is American so I wasn't trying to 'wave' the flag.

This could turn into drama so I'm gonna go with PM's. I do understand your point Kate but it's not the American's fault they like to breed so damn much :)

I, for one, take offense to that, Nuck. What do you have against flags?

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
Are you a transplanted Canadian?
yes i am and in fact my best friend to this day is also but he takes yearly trips for some reason or other....

Nuck while i understand you hostility about a non canadian modding the forum here i think it should be someone who can be objective and unbiased in his or her actions. regardess of where they are born. if most americans truely agreed with you then they whould not be on this wonderfull forum considering SJ is not american using your logic.

nuck in response to why i may have been choosen is if you re-read a post i stated my ability to help mod here may or may not be SJ approved but i have the ability to at least help and i take some pride in not using the power unless i had to or was asked... and untill SJ comes down and says who the offical person or persons will be i will do what i can to help and that is basiclly what i pm SJ when i read that the old mod was stepping down

Last edited:

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Nuck while i understand you hostility about a non canadian modding the forum here i think it should be someone who can be objective and unbiased in his or her actions. regardess of where they are born. if most americans truely agreed with you then they whould not be on this wonderfull forum considering SJ is not american using your logic.

This part is confusing. If you read my posts again, you will that see they were obviously free of hostility and that I made it a point to avoid any drama that may have arisen. The fact that you got defensive over such a simple statement does not bode well and to be honest, is pretty damn annoying.

The comparison you make between the general forums intended for an international audience and our own sub-forum created for Canadians to discuss Canadian issues is disingenuous.

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
I believe (as is with many other forums that use text to communicate), that many times choices of certain words or their context end up perceived improperly from others that are reading them (more so on a world wide forum with different cultures and personalities), without seeing the emotion behind them, and that this is yet another case of it.

ps: I'm still a mod, but due to not being able to be online as much now as I have in the past, I needed help (in more ways than one if you ask my friends, lol).

pps: And lordmage....... who you callin "old" sucka ;)

VapeOn,
Greg

youfillintheblank

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Vous habitez à proximité de Québec et que vous n'avez pas appris meme un petit peu de la langue français? J'ai entendu un fois que la moitié de la population d'Ottawa parle français. Si nous sommes vraiment un groupe Canadien, tous les postes doivent être en anglais, rapidement suivie par le même texte en français que tout le monde peut comprendre. :D

Just messing around, I PM with Misty in french sometimes, so I felt like slapping some in here. It's not a disease, it's just a language! :p

Hey !! Enough of THAT..... I get enough in the car forums around here that I can't understand, so just cut it out k? lol

show off :sneaky:

VapeOn,
Greg

puff-puff-pass

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Alberta
I believe (as is with many other forums that use text to communicate), that many times choices of certain words or their context end up perceived improperly from others that are reading them (more so on a world wide forum with different cultures and personalities), without seeing the emotion behind them, and that this is yet another case of it.
VapeOn,
Greg

And that's why we have emoticons!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread