• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Kate and the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogbmth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Dorset, UK
www.jantyclub.com
This forum is becoming to commercial for my taste. We have "members" that do reviews to promote their product and dis other products. Then they suddenly become a supplier and paying member. A great member gets banned (non paying member) for stating her opinion because she called someone a "con".

The more I read these forums, the more I have to say that I might be departing myself.

Seeing posts in supporting supplier forums deleted (including my own), the continued allowance of spamming by a certain manufacturer, on top of the perfectly acceptable gay bashing, theres a bad smell round here.

I thought this was a place we could freely share our experiences with products and suppliers. Seems I was wrong.

Kitabz

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
UK
The more I read these forums, the more I have to say that I might be departing myself.

Yup, I'm only just back and I think I'll be off again soon.

Kate hasn't returned (not that I blame her TBH), neither has Spikey AFAICS and even Tropical Bob doesn't post so much now-a-days - or maybe I just can't find them amongst all the noise.

There appear to be many dubious posts ramping up certain suppliers - note I say suppliers rather than products. Since there is only a small number of unique devices to choose from I find this curious; if I bought a car, I would be saying "this is a great BMW" [or Ford or whatever], not "that was a great dealership". Maybe I'm too cynical.

I was just reading a thread and refreshed it to see if there were any more posts and it had been deleted during the time I was reading it (and having just read the thread, the stated reason for the deletion was not convincing IMHO).

I feel that I don't know who to trust anymore, I can't tell who are genuine posters and who are here just to ramp up or rumour down someone else.

It's such a shame, it didn't seem like this just two months ago - maybe it was but I was so enamoured with the whole experiment that I didn't notice.

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
Any gaybashing should be reported to the mod forum where it will be dealt with straight away. I take this extremely seriously.

Thank you, SJ. It is nice to know you've got our backs so to speak. I don't think any of us will sit idly by and allow it to occur. We would definitely get word out to somebody about any behavior we found offensive. This is supposed to be a place for people to feel safe to express themselves, within limits (bold because it is the key).

Have you heard anything from our beloved nun with a halo?

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
I am willing to do this if someone is willing to be my backup should the unforeseen happen, AND I would want a LOT of input and feedback from you folks to keep my ego in check.

EDIT: How do I add Kate to my avatar? I have seen this, and wanted to do it, but was afraid to look stupid anywhere else.

Thanks Nico :) I think you'd be a great head honcho of this forum. You've got my vote too. Since Andy and I were 'acting' mods that haven't even been modded yet I guess that's all the votes we need, haha.

I'm just kidding folks. Speak now or forever hold your piece, uhm... peace.

About a backup request. Neither him or I wanted to be the main mod. I also know we didn't want to see this little corner die out and that's why we stepped up. I strongly feel we need a presence here. It's important that we ease the fear so-to-speak and make others feel welcome. Andy, volunteered first so I'll step aside and let him have first dibs at being your backup. If he declines, I'll be more than happy to ride shotgun with you. That is unless you have someone else in mind altogether. You guys just let me know. K?

Andy, I don't mean to put pressure on you. So don't feel obligated as I really don't mind doing this at all. If you say no it's totally cool. I just didn't want to be a lead mod because I've so much other stuff going on, etc. But backup is coo - I can handle that ;)l.

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
Any gaybashing should be reported to the mod forum where it will be dealt with straight away. I take this extremely seriously.

Thanks very much, SJ. Your support is greatly appreciated. I also take it extremely seriously. Bashed victims have died as result in the "real" world. It's certainly no laughing matter as some would like to think.

*I also very much appreciate you allowing us to have this sub-forum.

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
Thanks Nico :) I think you'd be a great head honcho of this forum. You've got my vote too. Since Andy and I were 'acting' mods that haven't even been modded yet I guess that's all the votes we need, haha.

I'm just kidding folks. Speak now or forever hold your piece, uhm... peace.

About a backup request. Neither him or I wanted to be the main mod. I also know we didn't want to see this little corner die out and that's why we stepped up. I strongly feel we need a presence here. It's important that we ease the fear so-to-speak and make others feel welcome. Andy, volunteered first so I'll step aside and let him have first dibs at being your backup. If he declines, I'll be more than happy to ride shotgun with you. That is unless you have someone else in mind altogether. You guys just let me know. K?

Andy, I don't mean to put pressure on you. So don't feel obligated as I really don't mind doing this at all. If you say no it's totally cool. I just didn't want to be a lead mod because I've so much other stuff going on, etc. But backup is coo - I can handle that ;)l.

Please ignore my above post. I respectively rescind my offer to co-mod this forum. Thanks.

*It's strange to quote yourself, lol.

Edit: Someone just PM'd me asking if I meant "respectfully rescind" and suggested I change it.

No, I meant "respectively" as in "in particular" meaning to single myself out and not speak for anyone else who has previously volunteered. However in an effort to appease I also respectfully rescind ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread