Modern Vapor and Sidesho review from a first time vaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright! Got my Sidesho in today after placing the order around 2 am this past Saturday (incredibly quick service!) and I've been vaping the heck out of the thing all day. In short, I absolutely love this thing! I haven't touched a single cigarette since I tore open the packaging like a giddy little boy ripping open a long anticipated Christmas present. That's really saying something (the fact that I haven't touched a cig that is, although the fact that this simple little device made a grown man feel that way again says a lot too!) considering what a fiend I'd developed into over the course of 9 years of smoking. Anyway, without further delay, my review:

First up, I'd like to talk about MV's customer service. This can be summed up in one word: Phenomenal! In all of my previous online transactions, no vendor of any product has ever made me feel this taken care of! Tony takes his business seriously and it shows in his promptness and professionalism. He was even kind enough to throw in some freebies since he discovered that the shopping cart was erroneously saying there wasn't any of the blank black carts in stock. So, not only did I receive the blank blue carts I figured I'd have to settle with, but also a pack of black ones plus a pack of pre-filled carts as well. Excellent!

On to the PV itself. It feels like a cigarette in every way except weight. However, if you've ever smoked a densely packed Nat Sherman, you probably already have a feel for this thing since it only feels marginally heavier than some of the denser Nat's I've smoked in the past. Sliding on a new cart and puffing on it gave me the exact same experience I've come to enjoy from traditional cigarettes with a nice, thick cloud of vapor to exhale. I was ecstatic!

Moving away from the plain ol' boring tobacco taste, I decided to test out the three liquids I order with the unit. My flavor options included Vanilla, RY4, and Clove (to satisfy my gothy side). Being most intrigued by the description of the RY4 liquid, it came first. After figuring out how to load up a new cart and priming the atty with a couple of drops, I was rewarded on first puff with flavor I could have only dreamed of from the flavored cigarette world! Intense, smooth, and ultimately satisfying. These are things I haven't been able to say as a smoker since the flavored Camels that used to come in tins got yanked from the market. However, even those awe inspiring Camel's paled in comparison to the flavor hit I got from this one puff. My tastebuds practically had an orgasm (and I nearly did too)! The other flavors proved to be just as wondrous with the Vanilla being smoother and richer than any vanilla flavored cig I'd ever smoked and the Clove giving me that familiar taste I'd grown accustomed to whilst sparing my throat. Becoming more adventurous, RY4/Clove proved a quite pleasurable mixture.

In conclusion, despite being a first timer with no basis for comparison, I have immediately fallen in love with this unit! This will certainly replace analogs for me going forward. It's a quality product that feels and acts just like a smoker would expect it to. Modern Vapor's customer service is bar none the best and the products are all high quality. I look forward to giving Tony more of my money in the coming months as I continue to explore this interesting new world of vaping!

Jacob

Opps, forgot to make mention of the PCC. It's a nice item that I like a lot, but it does have its problems. On the upside, I love the design (one of the few items where form and function seem to unite harmoniously), it does the job it's intended to do perfectly, and it's approximately the size of a pack of 100's so it remains just as portable.

On the down side, I don't like the fact that I can insert one of the units fully assembled and I'm kinda bummed at only being able to fit one atty/cart combo in it. Since leaving the atty on is the only method I've found so far to keep the juice from running out of my custom filled carts, it would be nice if all of the slots accommodated an atty/cart pieced together (suggestions on anything else I could use as a stopper that will still fit in the case would be welcomed). The only other thing I can complain about is just being a bit nit-picky and that's the fact that the charging cord doesn't rest flush with the unit when it's plugged in. I know, a minor detail, but something that drives me a little batty none the less (I'm slightly OCD) and the cord itself could stand to be slightly longer. Despite all of that, I think it still remains a great product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread