Modifying your mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Cowboy, a proper welcome to REOvil is in order and comin at ya bro :). Welcome :) and a big old eHigh Five too.

Glad you finally found us. I think you are gonna fit in just fine up in here :)

My bad too. I get a little jumpy when I perceive (and often misperceive) anyone poking at the dude, the mod or the REOvillians that ride shotgun with me as I do cyber donuts in Phillip Morris' parking lot and give them the finger.

Your happen to be the dude scrunched up against the window in the back seat (is that Kay sitting on your lap?) doing the same at the moment. Glad to have you onboard :)

Now please pass me another molson and stop telling me to turn the stereo down bro :)

Damn! Caught again!:laugh:But i'm only teachin him how to vape good!!:D I'm generous that way....

SeaNap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Atlanta
Potentially the biggest boost to public health since the invention of antibiotics, but being desperately resisted by people who will lose fortunes as a result. 500 million lives that could be saved, but billions of dollars lost as a result. Just the way it is. Life or money.
With the rise in popularity in ecigs its getting increasingly harder to regulate the individuals (yay), and my biggest fear is that the Gov't will start going after all of the innovators and creators who make and sell our beloved hardware. I mean its literally just a battery and a heating coil but I've heard of some pretty scarry potential laws over in the News section of this forum. Thats why I love mech mods with RBA's because its kinda hard to out law something where we make our own coils and provide our own batt's. Hopefully Rob never has to deal with any BS laws/fines, but that is another reason why he needs to keep his mods as safe as possible for the gen-pop.

So real question here guys: What do you call your REO when someone asks what it is?? I get asked CONSTANTLY (mainly because I vape everywhere :vapor: ) and I feel really weird saying that its an "e-cig" because it looks nothing like an analog, and outperforms ANY conventional ecig, but nobody seems to know what a "Personal Vaporizor" is (I just get a deer in headlights stare).

Last edited:

Raynman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Marion In USA
Well I have to say thanks Rob for starting this thread. It was needed to help keep some people from doing something they might regret later. I also want to thank the people who are modding this device. You people are coming up with the ideas that will keep the Reo at the top of the food chain. Changing the Mod for the better for some is quite a good thing. I might get a fuse type modification just to try going at a lower sub ohm vape plus the added benefits of longer battery life and better connection with lower resistance. Safety is important and when the Mod Master makes one to his approval I'll know it is safe and will try it. I just don't have the desire to modify my Reo. Actually it's more about being lazy and not wanting to bother doing it my self. I can always do a prebuilt and exchange parts.

element77

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Atl, Ga
If i just say e-cig, then it's cool and they want a check under the hood and test drive.Theni can explain REos mods.
If i say personal vaporizer, they think "my wife has one of those in her nightstand and why do you have one in public", LOL
I'm all for the safety to cover his ... to, and at the end of the day you can make or break whatever you own and pay to fix it. So I do enjoy reading tons on here, it peaks my interest and I learn something outside of my specialty. It's win-win.

I also vape everywhere, my idea of stealth vape is to draw on my reo, drop it in my pocket and blow clouds at the check out line and pretend not to notice the cloud that came from no where while everyone else is like wtfek was that!:p

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Well cowbow, glad you redeemed yourself and showed you have a practical side. :toast:

We never would have walked on the moon if some of us didn't care about death and marched forward on to parts unknown. Those are my heroes.

My heroes, too. But the men who have walked on the moon were highly trained astronauts. Pull up their resumes. Degrees in aeronautical engineering, naval academy graduates, test pilots, etc.

They weren't newbies on an internet forum, skipping around doing light reading, taking uneducated risks and modifying OEM equipment with no knowledge or training.

If I saw somebody about to step out into the path of a mack truck I would surely grab them by the collar and pull them out of the road. That may make me one of those nannys you don't cotton to, I dunno. :)

(The problem is that people doing dumb stuff puts others at risk. One of my friends DID pull somebody out of the road.....but the truck ended up hitting HIM in the process instead.....and now he is dead. :( )

cowboy6591

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2013
Liberty, TN
Well cowbow, glad you redeemed yourself and showed you have a practical side. :toast:

My heroes, too. But the men who have walked on the moon were highly trained astronauts. Pull up their resumes. Degrees in aeronautical engineering, naval academy graduates, test pilots, etc.

They weren't newbies on an internet forum, skipping around doing light reading, taking uneducated risks and modifying OEM equipment with no knowledge or training.

If I saw somebody about to step out into the path of a mack truck I would surely grab them by the collar and pull them out of the road. That may make me one of those nannys you don't cotton to, I dunno. :)

(The problem is that people doing dumb stuff puts others at risk. One of my friends DID pull somebody out of the road.....but the truck ended up hitting HIM in the process instead.....and now he is dead. :( )

Well being the first time anyone walked on the moon I would have to say the astronauts where extremely in-experienced, you can't have experience at something you have never done before. As for the training , sure but I have that electronic training and take offense at those that assume I don't, and damn if I am going to explain myself to anyone for any reason. also, coils and batts are nothing new to me, as for the risk? You bet those astronauts took a huge risk, ask anyone who was on Apollo 13, ouch!!! Everytime one does something for the first time they cannot claim to be experienced at it. That's what makes them risk takers and heros in my book. It reminds me of when I was in vietnam, I didn't care what was on the other side of the hill, I never was there before but took the orders and just went. In none of my posts have I ever endorsed putting others at risk, read the part about the commercial flight at 40,000 feet example I gave. So once again, I have no use for Nannies.

As for the dude crossing the road, let mother nature weed out the week and dumb, the guy you saved might be the dummy that hits you head on in a drunken crash next week coming home from work, as a matter of fact I would be tempted to give him a push.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
As for the dude crossing the road, let mother nature weed out the week and dumb, the guy you saved might be the dummy that hits you head on in a drunken crash next week coming home from work, as a matter of fact I would be tempted to give him a push.

:glare:

damn if I am going to explain myself to anyone for any reason

Oh... I don't think you need to explain anything now. :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread