• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

iheart45s

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2010
Philadelphia
Ok darlings, so I think I'm ready to upgrade from my Ego and I'm jumping all over the place as to what to get next. Right now I'm using an Ego with a low res atomizer. (I can't make myself go back to a normal 510 atty.)

What should I look at? I've heard lots of good stuff about the Chuck. Also looking at the Joker and the Sparkplug. Also, anyone have experience with the wetbox? Seems kind of cool but I'm unsure.

Really I just want to create enough flavor and vapor that my face melts.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Do yourself a favor and get the Buzz from notcigs with adjustable voltage. I/m telling you I haven't used any of my other mods since I got it. It lets you find the perfect spot to get the ultimate out of the carto or atty or juice you are vaping. I'll never go back to voltage restrictions again. Plus customer service is second to none.It also has 5 way protection.

Last edited:

AaronB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Bernville Pennsylvania
My input is adjustable voltage, 5v mods and possibly Juice fed, but that's me. The best thing about the adjustable and 5v is you don't use a LR atty. Don't get me wrong I do like them, but I've had so many LR atty's that were just crap. Keep researching there are newer and better things coming out all the time but obviously lack in reviews.

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
If you get a Chuck or a Sparkplug, you're basically just getting an Ego that lasts longer IMO. I think you're really better off getting an adjustable voltage mod also.

I had the original Joker, but just got it back after being upgraded to an adjustable volt version. The Buzz & Joker AV both have a screw that you turn with a screwdriver to change the voltage. Left for lower and right for higher. That way, you can use LR attys on the low setting and regular attys at higher settings. And regular Joye 510 attys are much better at around 5V, as well as 510 cartos. Really the sweet spot.

You don't really need a multimeter, but if you want to know what you're vaping at and what the best spot is for you, you could get one. It really goes by feeling. Just slap a regular 510 atty on and mess around with it until you find a setting you like, that's what I've been doing the past couple days. I don't like much higher than 5V.

The Joker comes with batteries and a charger, I don't think the Buzz does. There's also this that you can screw in and check the voltage more easily than a multimeter:

JOKER-DVM

Not really necessary, but I ordered one because I'm a nerd!

Another adjustable that's cheaper is the Little Sister from boxmods.net. Aaron had one, but he said he was having issues with it. They are coming out with a new one soon called the Big Brother that takes 2 14500 batteries and lasts longer than the Little Sister.

Or to try it out, you could get a 5V box mod for about $35 from boxmods.net or indyvaporshop. I just like using lithium type batteries because they last longer, are cheap, and easy to carry around and change out.

I've never tried a juice fed mod, but if they ever come out with a 5V or adjustable version, I'm there, dude.

Last edited:

AaronB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Bernville Pennsylvania
Couldn't have said it better myself but I would say that my other mods do seem to produce a little more oooomph than the eGo, for instance my Reo for some reason produces fantastic with a regular atomizer and is perfect while I'm driving not having to drip as I still can't adjust to cartomizers. As for my Joker, this mod is the simply perfect for me, light weight, not too bulky, sleek, I can go on an on...... The reviews I read were a little strange but personally I absolutely love it!! The site Redgirl put up also offers a cleaning and "check up" if you will at a very reasonable price should it ever not work right.

Hey redgirl the Journeyman by Kaji has a 5v juice fed mod!

Last edited:

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
Couldn't have said it better myself but I would say that my other mods do seem to produce a little more oooomph than the eGo, for instance my Reo for some reason produces fantastic with a regular atomizer and is perfect while I'm driving not having to drip as I still can't adjust to cartomizers. As for my Joker, this mod is the simply perfect for me, light weight, not too bulky, sleek, I can go on an on...... The reviews I read were a little strange but personally I absolutely love it!! The site Redgirl put up also offers a cleaning and "check up" if you will at a very reasonable price should it ever not work right.

Hey redgirl the Journeyman by Kaji has a 5v juice fed mod!

Oh, I thought they were only 3.7/6, didn't know they had a 5v! Their site says out of stock, is there a special order process? I like to change flavors a lot. Wonder if it is easy to change bottles?

So, did you ever get your Little Sister to work correctly?

AaronB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Bernville Pennsylvania
Oh, I thought they were only 3.7/6, didn't know they had a 5v! Their site says out of stock, is there a special order process? I like to change flavors a lot. Wonder if it is easy to change bottles?

So, did you ever get your Little Sister to work correctly?

Yeah he has them now the site always says out of stock except for Fridays or something like that. It was a special order last I looked. You mentioned changing flavors a lot which is exactly how I am so was thinking he has two option for bottles so the smaller may be better or just getting extra bottles and switching throughout the day. He also just stopped producing almost everything as he is working on somehow making it better in the next couple of weeks..

As for the LS, well the button isn't firing/depressing but to be honest I haven't really devoted a lot of time to check my atty's or play around with it as I'm pretty much using the joker/reo full time so I really can't say, though I did email him and he will take care of the problem or refund... I think its a nice little mod, just don't like having to change battery's so often but it vapes very well. I'm so used to the Joker now I'm just used to how that button goes down and clicks so it might be me with the LS just have to try some things out.

AaronB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Bernville Pennsylvania
indyvaporshop is sold out of the 5v box mods. but i got parts on the way to make an adjustable mod i will let you know how it does and maybe i will send you a prototype

That's great to here. Did you buy the parts from Madvapes? Did you happen to get and extra back cover for the 5v box? Mine is completely broke and currently have it taped! Who's the Redneck now? Didn't check their shipping prices but the whole box shell itself is like $2.00

rx8

Jul 9, 2010
Poconos PA
That's great to here. Did you buy the parts from Madvapes? Did you happen to get and extra back cover for the 5v box? Mine is completely broke and currently have it taped! Who's the Redneck now? Didn't check their shipping prices but the whole box shell itself is like $2.00

most of the stuff i did get from them but they dident have the voltage regulator i needed so i was on Texas instruments web site and they are sending me 50 free sample voltage regulators that i need for the adjustable from what i read they are the best ones on the market and ya the the box is like $2 from mad vape but after i get the electronics down i wana put it into something like the joker i have some good ideas and almost have the stuff i need. then maybe sell some of them. idk but i do wana send some out for you guys to test if i do decide to do that

iheart45s

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2010
Philadelphia
Ok. I looked at both the Buzz and the Joker and I think I'm going to pick myself up the Joker AV for my birthday present to myself. Thank you so much for all the input. :)

Down the road I think I'm going to get a juice box to play with. I also found a link in the forums with how to make one inexpensively. If I find some time, I may give that a shot.

rx8

Jul 9, 2010
Poconos PA
first attempt at a mod its just a plane 5v dident get the rest of the parts i need for the adjustable system

Attachments

• PICT0459.jpg
    PICT0459.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 32
  • PICT0461.jpg
    PICT0461.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 31
  • PICT0463.jpg
    PICT0463.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 29

redgirl

Vaping Master